+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Looks like you travelled after landing. The Canadian government has been stressing that people shouldn’t travel out of Canada because travel conditions can change very quickly. There is nothing you can do but wait unfortunately. Would assume that even VFS offices open by the end of May it isn’t likely that the travel ban will be lifted until numbers are much lower.
I appreciate your reply and thoughts, but I hope you are not being judgemental of people who traveled out of the country. These were govt officials only who traveled to Caribbean during winter and when outrage emerged, they imposed a 2k - 3 day hotel quarantine. I don't oppose quarantine (in fact it should be 10 days in hotel), but at a reasonable price and not to make profit (or to make a point).

I am an inland candidate and waiting for my PR Card since 4 months. I had to travel due to death in a family and i was the only one to perform last rites. So Yea, not leisure and an un-avoidable travel !!

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
do any one know how many days taking to get the PRTD in normal cases from india? i know VACs are closed now but it will be good if we get PPR by the time VACs will be opened.

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Anyone here who is also waiting for VFS to open and send the payment link for 2-way courier?
Yes, but it does not look like it is happening for at least a few more weeks. Let’s hope cases keep going down and VFS/ Canadian Embassy opens up after that !!

fsw2014sv

Sep 27, 2014
Yes, but it does not look like it is happening for at least a few more weeks. Let’s hope cases keep going down and VFS/ Canadian Embassy opens up after that !!
Once VFS opens, do we have to contact VFS or they have automatically send the payment link for 2 way courier to us?

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Dear All,
I need your help.
Q1. Can I apply PRTD in email for me and my family together or need to send individual email?

I did not receive my first PR Card ,I got COPR on 4th Feb (inland) and I left Canada on 6th April with family on some emergency in India.
Its already 104 days over after COPR and I checked with cic/ forum, they told they were processing Nov2020 months PR in April2021 (PR Card).

Q2. It may take more time a November month has less PR-10,995 and Dec - 24,685 and Jan -23,390 has more, so shall I wait for PR card to be received by July ? or Shall I apply for PRTD? as I want to reach Canada asap.

Thanks,
Neel

Last edited:

Jsaini86

Dec 30, 2019
hello everyone,
can someone clarify me one thing about PRTD.
as if someone stuck outside of canada right now due to bans on flights & also his PR card has just expired.
And he also comes under Residency obligation, only 60 days are short in 5 year period.
So can he apply PRTD from India????????? And what are the chances??????
Please if anyone can answer!!!!!

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Dear All,
I need your help.
Q1. Can I apply PRTD in email for me and my family together or need to send individual email?

I did not receive my first PR Card ,I got COPR on 4th Feb (inland) and I left Canada on 6th April with family on some emergency in India.
Its already 104 days over after COPR and I checked with cic/ forum, they told they were processing Nov2020 months PR in April2021 (PR Card).

Q2. It may take more time a November month has less PR-10,995 and Dec - 24,685 and Jan -23,390 has more, so shall I wait for PR card to be received by July ? or Shall I apply for PRTD? as I want to reach Canada asap.

Thanks,
Neel
Q1 - You can send all of them together in 1 email. Make sure you name the pdf’s appropriately. I did the same.

Q2 - Your numbers don’t look accurate. I cannot find anywhere how many actual PR were issued in Dec, Jan, Feb. But assuming these were ITAs from April, May, June or thereabouts. So it would be 10k approx each month.

Subset of these would be at Etobicoke, which has 5 months of processing time right now.

The thing that should work in our favour is that Dec and early Jan had a lot of portal photo requests. So those would have been processed already and hopefully Dec/Jan/Feb moves faster than what Nov did.

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Q1 - You can send all of them together in 1 email. Make sure you name the pdf’s appropriately. I did the same.

Q2 - Your numbers don’t look accurate. I cannot find anywhere how many actual PR were issued in Dec, Jan, Feb. But assuming these were ITAs from April, May, June or thereabouts. So it would be 10k approx each month.

Subset of these would be at Etobicoke, which has 5 months of processing time right now.

The thing that should work in our favour is that Dec and early Jan had a lot of portal photo requests. So those would have been processed already and hopefully Dec/Jan/Feb moves faster than what Nov did.
Thanks @neiljosh, It will help. Shall I wait for PR Card or apply for PRTD? as Given time lines if I will apply PRTD it may take 2months to complete all process including stamping.
Also that data I have got from cic sites. There were more PR issued in Dec and Jan compared to previous months

Last edited: