+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@shashi_b We have received the pr card today for my husband can he travel on pr card if we courier it to india ? also we received the ppr request for prtd but due to lockdown in delhi we couldnt send our passports.
He still can’t travel with the PR card unless he follows the rules of every transit country when it comes to quarantine and visas and gets another PCR covid test 72 hours before leaving. If you find a country willing to allow him to transit and enter the country you will need to think of things like travel medical insurance that covers covid if he does get covid and gets stuck in a 3rd country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I applied for prtd on 31 march and received passport request on 20 april( in junk folder got to know after 2 days). Unfortunately there is lockdown in delhi they are not accepting passports that may end on may 3. Does anyone know any alternative way?
Thanks
Unfortunately not and I expect there is a good chance that the closure will be extended past May 3.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I got my COPR on jan 7,2021 and came to india on 16 jan, 2021
For Residency obligation i have provided the following-
1,I called my td bank and requested for bank statement from tge day I opened my account till now. I received via mail and my freind sent me scanned copy.
2,Job letters and pay stubs (1 or 2 for each year)
3, Notice of assement for all the years
4, copr
5, photo
6,imm5627
7, passport
8, payment receipt
9, travel ticket (optional)
If you only landed in January 2021 you don’t need to collect all these things. Your previous NOAs don’t show anything related to your PR residency. Bank statement is not needed. All you need to do is explain the you left Canada right after receiving PR and hadn’t received your PR card but have only been a PR for 3-4 months and currently fulfill your residency obligations. If your PR card had been received in Canada it will be faster to courier your PR card to Canada. At the moment VAC is closed so nothing will happen for a while.

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Incredibly rare and some urgent travel was considered. If you look at all the other PRTD applications based on H&C they waited for months. I have seen many wait over 6 months.
Thanks , and yeah who makes the call to approve the PRTD on H&C Ground ? IRCC immigration commissioner officer or visa office officer , also IRCC is operated in India or from canada only ?

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
Looking for some advice.
My pr card is expiring on May 26 and there are no flights until May 23. is it better to apply for prtd or better to book a ticket at premium price for $4500(this the fare I can see on aircanada website) before May 26th? Still Can I board a flight in India on May 26th?

Last edited:

Mapple647

Apr 27, 2021
Hi guys, My PR card expires in June 2021, can I apply for PRTD before my PR card expires ? or Is there any other way. Please help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looking for some advice.
My pr card is expiring on May 26 and there are no flights until May 23. is it better to apply for prtd or better to book a ticket at premium price for $4500(this the fare I can see on aircanada website) before May 26th? Still Can I board a flight in India on May 26th?
Would assume there is a pretty good chance that the ban will be extended so I would look at the cancellation policy because many airlines have only given credits. Are you compliant with your RO. Don’t think there is much processing going on in India so your PRTD may be just sitting there until things get better in India.

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
Would assume there is a pretty good chance that the ban will be extended so I would look at the cancellation policy because many airlines have only given credits. Are you compliant with your RO. Don’t think there is much processing going on in India so your PRTD may be just sitting there until things get better in India.
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I am compliant with RO. I will book the flight for May 25 and will apply for prtd. If everything goes smoothly I will fly on May 25th else will wait for PRTD. Is this a good idea?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I am compliant with RO. I will book the flight for May 25 and will apply for prtd. If everything goes smoothly I will fly on May 25th else will wait for PRTD. Is this a good idea?
Not sure you will get the PRTD by May 25th. Not sure how much processing is actually going in India at the moment. You can certainly try to get your PRTD by then but make sure the flight is fully refundable since I think it will take longer or that the ban will be extended.

kris8646

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
File Transfer...
aug 01
Med's Done....
passed
Not sure you will get the PRTD by May 25th. Not sure how much processing is actually going in India at the moment. You can certainly try to get your PRTD by then but make sure the flight is fully refundable since I think it will take longer or that the ban will be extended.
I will travel on May 25th if flights operate normally since my PR card is valid until May 26. And I will leave that PRTD application which won’t be useful after that. If flights get cancelled I will proceed with that PRTD application.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Fyi, I have kept a bookmark for Passport submission web form, here is the web link :

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/passport-web-form

The link is not opening for me now.

Edit : It appears that 2 way passport submission service is suspended until further notice due to curfew in New Delhi.

Please note that the Visa offices/High Commission/ Consulates will remain closed on account of the Covid situation & Curfew in New Delhi. The 2 way courier passport service stands suspended . Your passport pick up request will be serviced once business resumes. For latest information on resumption of services please visit https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/.

If your application is in Transit with the courier partner, at the Visa Application centre or submitted to the High commission/Consulate, please expect a delay in the processing of the application and return delivery of your processed passport on account of the restrictions imposed by the various governments owing to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Details are from this link : https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates
Thank you for the update
I believe, we have to wait for VFS or ircc to send a payment link right? Then we can pay and book 2 way courier