+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

akhilpoothampara

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Hopefully you can still make it as all the process is taking average 4 to 5 weeks this days what I read .. I started my application on 26 th March and today I got the message that my Passport is processed by IRCC and dispatch via courier to me by VFS canada ..
I got a mail which is saying

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre for India.

Addressing your below query, we would like to inform you that the sealed envelope is in transit to the VFS Centre.""

What is its meaning by sealed envelope. ???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is H &C
Sn application for PR on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. You must be in Canada to apply. If you are speaking about PRTD with H&C you are applying to return to Canada because you were unable to meet your RO and you have proof of special circumstances that made it impossible to return to Canada.

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
Hello everyone, I need your help.
I’m so much confused about PRTD visa.
I got my copr on 7 jan 2021, applied my pr card but didn’t receive it and I came to india on April 14 2021 without pr card to see my family, so now under what category I’ll apply my prtd visa..and what is Ro please help me. My return ticket in on june 14.@canuck78

@@@@

Star Member
May 30, 2020
Hi,
I got my COPR on jan 7,2021 and came to india on 16 jan, 2021
For Residency obligation i have provided the following-
1,I called my td bank and requested for bank statement from tge day I opened my account till now. I received via mail and my freind sent me scanned copy.
2,Job letters and pay stubs (1 or 2 for each year)
3, Notice of assement for all the years
4, copr
5, photo
6,imm5627
7, passport
8, payment receipt
9, travel ticket (optional)
Hi,
I have a question .
Have you filled 19 question humanitarian and compassionate grounds ???
Plz let me know
I got my copr jan 7 2021 and came to india on april 14.

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Has anyone seen any movement on Passport stamping? With VFS centres closed, are there any alternatives. Looks like an endless wait at this time, so annoying!!

fsw2014sv

Sep 27, 2014
Has anyone seen any movement on Passport stamping? With VFS centres closed, are there any alternatives. Looks like an endless wait at this time, so annoying!!
I am in the same boat, no email from VFS regarding any payment link or etc. Just waiting. Is there any alternate solution available?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I have a question .
Have you filled 19 question humanitarian and compassionate grounds ???
Plz let me know
I got my copr jan 7 2021 and came to india on april 14.
You’re not filing for H&C. You are still compliant with your RO. If your PR card arrives in Canada it would be much easier to have it sent to you in India. Given the covid situation there is reduced processing.

fsw2014sv

Sep 27, 2014
Any idea how long will the VFS remain closed? I am waiting for the payment link from VFS for 2 way courier.

neiljosh

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Any idea how long will the VFS remain closed? I am waiting for the payment link from VFS for 2 way courier.
Same here. Does not look like VFS will open till Delhi lockdown is lifted and overall cases come down. Lockdown btw was extended by 1 more week and all signs are that it will be extended by 1 more after that (22nd May).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like you travelled after landing. The Canadian government has been stressing that people shouldn’t travel out of Canada because travel conditions can change very quickly. There is nothing you can do but wait unfortunately. Would assume that even VFS offices open by the end of May it isn’t likely that the travel ban will be lifted until numbers are much lower.