+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
I am having Canadian work permit and I am in India currently waiting for my Visa get stamp. I am also waiting for my CoPR. The Visa is taking unfortunately so long. My question is if I get CoPR can I travel on the basis of PRTD? If yes, how to apply for it and usually how long it takes to process. Also is it necessary to have tickets book to apply for PRTD.
Please suggest.
Thank you in advance!

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
Guys,
I have filled the VFS webform and paid the amount too. These idiots seem to be too slow. It has been 7 business days since no one came to pick up the passport.
Is it advisable that I go to bluedart and submit the envelope since I have the Airway bill number? Or shall I wait for the guy to come and pick it up?

No one even picks up calls in VFS, and they are not even replying to email too. Any help is appreciated.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I am having Canadian work permit and I am in India currently waiting for my Visa get stamp. I am also waiting for my CoPR. The Visa is taking unfortunately so long. My question is if I get CoPR can I travel on the basis of PRTD? If yes, how to apply for it and usually how long it takes to process. Also is it necessary to have tickets book to apply for PRTD.
Please suggest.
Thank you in advance!
You should try to travel back on work permit with TRV, because they will cancel the CoPR when the outland applicant apply for a PRTD.

Please refer this post for more details : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/post-9321993

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please suggest.
Thank you in advance!
PRTD is only for PRs.

canadianresource

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
Med's Request
13-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014 E-CASUpdate: 23-10-2014 Decision Made: 09-02-2015
Passport Req..
17-02-2015 Sent Child docs: 25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting......
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Nearest VAC: Chennai
I have applied for PRTD through email on 25th March and sent a follow up on 14th April. I sent all the required documents except my travel ticket which I have not booked yet. I just wanted to get the PRTD then book the ticket.

Can someone suggest if it is mandatory to book a air ticket?

Will IRCC respond asking for my travel ticket?

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Dear friends
My friend has applied for prtd, and it is rejected, because PR card is expired and he is not in canada and was studying in medical school.
He has 2 month for appeal .
Do you know what should he do?
Thank you

Nov 28, 2020
I have applied for PRTD through email on 25th March and sent a follow up on 14th April. I sent all the required documents except my travel ticket which I have not booked yet. I just wanted to get the PRTD then book the ticket.

Did you receive any update on ur approval?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Dear friends
My friend has applied for prtd, and it is rejected, because PR card is expired and he is not in canada and was studying in medical school.
Thank you
For appeal process your friend should find an ICCRC affiliated immigration professional.

@legalfalcon , @caipsnotes - Could you please advise here?

Here is the link to find one : https://secure.iccrc-crcic.ca/search/EN

Last edited:

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Guys,
I have filled the VFS webform and paid the amount too. These idiots seem to be too slow. It has been 7 business days since no one came to pick up the passport.
Is it advisable that I go to bluedart and submit the envelope since I have the Airway bill number? Or shall I wait for the guy to come and pick it up?

No one even picks up calls in VFS, and they are not even replying to email too. Any help is appreciated.
@ritvick

Did you try to do a follow up with BlueDart directly. I don't think the VFS will be doing any follow with BlueDart.

BlueDart should be able to pickup the passport with Airway bill number.

vishals

Jan 11, 2019
Dear friends
Thank you
why was he rejected? was he a resident inside canada when he became PR or something else?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear friends
Thank you
You will have to file an appeal before the Immigration Appeal Division, and instead of a consultant, you will be better off engaging a lawyer.

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
why was he rejected? was he a resident inside canada when he became PR or something else?
He was rejected because he did not have 2 years residency obligation in last 5 years, he was studying outside Canada in medical school

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021

This looks like longer than expected.

Did you fill the question no. 17 about humanatarian and compassion reasons? if someone fills that question then it takes longer time to get approval.