+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Pls ignore this is wrong information. Also pls go and report it as such news only creates panic!
it does create panic! but how do we know if it is true or not? i mean the guys who just got their new coprs proves that this is fake news.. but again nothing is certain.

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hi Guys,

My COPR and Visa was expired back in February/2021 and now I got email from IRCC asking to submit passport again for issuing new COPR and Visa.
Note: IRCC did not ask me for medical again.

My question is that if I submit my passport now, does anyone have any idea that what will be the expiry on my new Visa and COPR?

Thanks in advance.
My medical got expired in Dec 2020, i got my passport request email and visa in March 2021. The visa is valid for 6 months.

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
Hello,

Just read about how the IRCC office is processing COPRs for those holding an expired COPR.
I am in a situation and wanted to know if anyone is in the same situation as me and if they have seen any progress made on their file.

I had applied for PR in Dec 2019 (in-land), but in Feb 2020 i left the country to visit my family and since then I haven't been able to go back to Canada. While I was outside Canada my PR application was approved (which is now an out-land application). After getting to know that the application is approved, I did not receive any communication from IRCC about COPR or PRTD or anything. I understand that they're not issuing COPR to those applicants whose PR was approved after March 18, 2020. But since there's been progress on COPRs, I wanted to know if there's anyone here in a similar situation as me and have seen any progress on their files?

Any updates will be highly appreciated.

Thank You!

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hello,

Just read about how the IRCC office is processing COPRs for those holding an expired COPR.
I am in a situation and wanted to know if anyone is in the same situation as me and if they have seen any progress made on their file.

I had applied for PR in Dec 2019 (in-land), but in Feb 2020 i left the country to visit my family and since then I haven't been able to go back to Canada. While I was outside Canada my PR application was approved (which is now an out-land application). After getting to know that the application is approved, I did not receive any communication from IRCC about COPR or PRTD or anything. I understand that they're not issuing COPR to those applicants whose PR was approved after March 18, 2020. But since there's been progress on COPRs, I wanted to know if there's anyone here in a similar situation as me and have seen any progress on their files?

Thank You!
Submit a webform

Get GCMS notes

Dimps18

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
My medical got expired in Dec 2020, i got my passport request email and visa in March 2021. The visa is valid for 6 months.
Hi..When did you receive your original COPR?
Please let me know if you had to submit new photographs?

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
Submit a webform

Get GCMS notes
Hi

I do have my GCMS. I have submitted web forms like multiple times now but I always receive a generic pre-written email template and have never received an answer catered to my query. Hence, wanted to know from participants here if they see any progress on their files.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi

I do have my GCMS. I have submitted web forms like multiple times now but I always receive a generic pre-written email template and have never received an answer catered to my query. Hence, wanted to know from participants here if they see any progress on their files.
What do gcms say related to ppr email

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hello,

Thank You!
My case is exactly as you. I also traveled to India in Feb 2020. My WP is expired and since then I am stuck India. My PR was approved on June-2020. It was mentioned on the COPR to apply for PRTD if out of Canada. I applied for it got approved and they asked me to book a ticket and send it over if need to travel within 30 days. I did that but there was surprise they cancelled my current COPR as I was out of Canada when I received COPR and issued a new COPR in the system. They issued me AL for travel, note that here I was never issue PR visa stamp on my passport as I was inland applicant.
I took the AL went to the airport the CBSA official denied my the boarding saying that you don't have PR stamp on passport. I cam back and wrote to IRCC that I was denied boarding. IRCC extended my medical and issued me AL again after 3 months again for travel and wrote them back that I don't have exppired COPR or PR visa in my passport please confirm If I can travel with AL only. IRCC replied yes you may travel with AL only. I took the AL to airport and again denied baording by CBSA saying that I don't have stamp on passport. This is ridiculous, irresponsible behavior from IRCC. I wrote them back all over again and waiting since month and no reply.
So one thing to note here that you can't travel with AL only PR visa stamp(valid/expired) should be on your passport in order to travel. I am frustrated with their process.

if you need more information or any question please DM me.

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Dear Friends,

I hold a post March expired COPR and tonight i received Ready For Visa email. I was expecting to receive Authorization Letter but instead i received this email. Now i need to send my passports to Visa Office again. Any idea when i will get the Authorization Letter?
Hi there, are you really a post MArch 18, 2020 COPR holder and without any application for travel exemptions? if you are....thats super great! Congrats!

Reactions: sarah2006