+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Jan 4, 2018
Hi There,

Anyone knows how long is:
1) IRCC taking to send medical request after applicant confirms still interested to immigrate
2) IRCC taking to ask for passport submission after medicals are uploaded by Medical Checkup clinic
3) the new COPR valid. Is it valid upto new medical expiry?

Thank you so much!

Reactions: JagjyotSingh

lazyzyf

Mar 22, 2017
Hi There,

Anyone knows how long is:
1) IRCC taking to send medical request after applicant confirms still interested to immigrate
2) IRCC taking to ask for passport submission after medicals are uploaded by Medical Checkup clinic
3) the new COPR valid. Is it valid upto new medical expiry?

Thank you so much!
I am also curious about all these questions. As far as I know, no one received medical request yet among nearly 100 people like me. I replied the confirmation email on April 1.

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Dear Friends,

I hold a post March expired COPR and tonight i received Ready For Visa email. I was expecting to receive Authorization Letter but instead i received this email. Now i need to send my passports to Visa Office again. Any idea when i will get the Authorization Letter?
Congratulations!! what's your vo and did you ask for extension or AL? are you in any exemtion group?TIA

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi Guys,

My COPR and Visa was expired back in February/2021 and now I got email from IRCC asking to submit passport again for issuing new COPR and Visa.
Note: IRCC did not ask me for medical again.

My question is that if I submit my passport now, does anyone have any idea that what will be the expiry on my new Visa and COPR?

Thanks in advance.
Congrats! are you post march copr holder? did you ask for AL, and do you fall in any exemption group? thank you for your response.

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Dear All,

Im also a post March expired COPR holder and got the PPR mail last night. Gonna submit the passports tomorrow. VO - Abu Dhabi

Thanks
Congratulations Haydi! do you have family in canada or a job offer? Did you ask for extension or Al? TIA

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Are we (CoPRs) allowed to travel to Canada?.. so i was trying to find out if I can enter Canada by accessing the following link: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start... any CoPR recently landed?

Foreign national without symptoms - non-U.S. - Approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • not coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
  • approved after March 18, 2020 at noon ET
You will not be allowed to enter Canada, even if you have a valid confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR).
To be allowed entry, you must be travelling for another purpose that is permitted (under a travel exemption).
For example, if you are being sponsored by a family member and you are trying to reunite with them in Canada, see Foreign nationals reuniting with family.

Reactions: BillyWescott

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
VERY ANXIOUS & WORRIED - KINDLY SUGGEST

Hello Friends,

I received the “Do you still want to immigrate?" email around 10 days back, and it mentioned “Action required by 8 April”.
Due to some reason, I missed this email earlier, and as soon as I saw the mail today (i.e. 8 April), I immediately responded.
My worry is I hope that I haven’t missed the deadline for responding to this email.

pls note that the top of the email mentioned “Action required by 8 April”, whereas somewhere in the body of the email it is mentioned that I need to respond “before 8 April”...hence the confusion and anxiety.

Can you guys kindly suggest something to enable me to confirm acceptance of my email, pls.
My VO is New Delhi.

Many thanks
- JP

alyemeni

Jan 13, 2015
Congratulations!! what's your vo and did you ask for extension or AL? are you in any exemtion group?TIA
I really don't know the VO but i think Abu Dhabi as i sent my passport to them. I did ask for extension when they issued my first COPR as i had only 45 days till expiry but now i will be having the second COPR and it still shows on Canada website that I can't travel. I am not exempted.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
VERY ANXIOUS & WORRIED - KINDLY SUGGEST

Hello Friends,

I received the “Do you still want to immigrate?" email around 10 days back, and it mentioned “Action required by 8 April”.
Due to some reason, I missed this email earlier, and as soon as I saw the mail today (i.e. 8 April), I immediately responded.
My worry is I hope that I haven’t missed the deadline for responding to this email.

pls note that the top of the email mentioned “Action required by 8 April”, whereas somewhere in the body of the email it is mentioned that I need to respond “before 8 April”...hence the confusion and anxiety.

Can you guys kindly suggest something to enable me to confirm acceptance of my email, pls.
My VO is New Delhi.

Many thanks
- JP
Relax.. by April 8 often includes April 8

Check your email 4 times a day.. inbox and spam both folders.. i say 4 because i am a turd and when I think of 4 i check only once..

Reactions: Jpsingh77

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Relax.. by April 8 often includes April 8

Check your email 4 times a day.. inbox and spam both folders.. i say 4 because i am a turd and when I think of 4 i check only once..
Thanks for your kind and assuring words.
It’s just that in the body of the email they had mentioned “before 8 April”, which was contradictory from what they had mentioned in the email header; hence the confusion.