+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
He was rejected because he did not have 2 years residency obligation in last 5 years, he was studying outside Canada in medical school
He could have studied in medical school in Canada as a PR. Was there any specific reason to go outside Canada to study, except for personal choice?

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
If you do not meet RO, and study outside Canada, can one really make a case for appeal?
I am not sure if there is a process for it. Once a PR you have to meet RO for renewal.

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
That does not matter, once you get AWB number, you can even go to blue dart to give your package. It does not have to be necessarily "Picked Up".

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He was rejected because he did not have 2 years residency obligation in last 5 years, he was studying outside Canada in medical school
You can certainly appeal but given that this is a personal choice I don’t know what chances of success would be I would use a lawyer if you want your best shot. As an IMG you will have to pass licensing exams and try to secure one of the few leftover spots to do your residency. There are only certain specialties left and there is very intense competition for IMGs including citizens that have studied abroad. Canada is very tough for IMGs. Most don’t practice in Canada. How much time did you spend in Canada and did you apply to Canadian medical school? How many attempts? How old are you?

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
He is 29 years old, and he does not want to pay for lawyer, he just wants to try by chance, because there has been cases like this , that had gotten travel document and returned back to canada.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi everyone
I applied for PRTD on 13th , received acknowledgement
But there's been no updates after that.
I understand it's a little early to ask for updates.
It's just my flight is on 12th at 12 AM so we need to leave home by 10th May
And there's been news about increased cases and lockdown and I'm a little worried

I sent a follow up today, let's see

ritvick

Aug 1, 2018
Hi everyone
And there's been news about increased cases and lockdown and I'm a little worried

It might take more time now. I applied on 12th March, and my passport reached VFS today.
But since now lockdown is announced in Delhi, not sure when I will get my passport back.

• Sad
Reactions: tinu28111987

Anand99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Hi everyone

Hopefully you can still make it as all the process is taking average 4 to 5 weeks this days what I read .. I started my application on 26 th March and today I got the message that my Passport is processed by IRCC and dispatch via courier to me by VFS canada ..

Reactions: tinu28111987

Anand99

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Hopefully you can still make it as all the process is taking average 4 to 5 weeks this days what I read .. I started my application on 26 th March and today I got the message that my Passport is processed by IRCC and dispatch via courier to me by VFS canada ..
But again it all depends on the current situation.. hope for the best