+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

nikkh13

Oct 1, 2021
Hi. URGENT QUERY. (please answer both points)

I sent my PRTD application yesterday through email and have received an acknowledgement email mentioning "You submit an electronic copy of all pages of your passport(s) used in the last 5 years (including blank pages)". However i only submitted the front and back pages of passport along with 'canadian visa and stamp pages'.
So do we have to scan the entire 34/36 pages of the passport having all the visa stamps and blank pages?
It also says the file limit of documents not exceeding 5MB. however One of my sent documents has a bigger size.

Can I resend the entire application again through email?
yes, I did the same mistake and now I have resent it.

PB07

Jun 8, 2017
Hi Guys.Applied PRTD from India on Sep 20,2021.Just received the confirmation email.No update after that.Anybody know how long will it take to get the passport request?

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
I got the passport request after 4 months of applying for PRTD

I have below questions for anybody who has already got a passport stamped
1. What is the expiry of the PRTD visa and does it allows multiple entries?
2. How much time it takes for passport stamping?

Thanks

Aiswarya747

Oct 16, 2021
Hii,
I have submitted my prtd application on september 16th and havent received my passport request till now.is there anyone else facing the same issue?does anyone know how long it will take for processing?

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
I got the passport request after 4 months of applying for PRTD

I have below questions for anybody who has already got a passport stamped
1. What is the expiry of the PRTD visa and does it allows multiple entries?
2. How much time it takes for passport stamping?

Thanks
Answering my own questions so that it can help anyone

1. PRTD Expiry is 6 months allows a single entry
2. Passport stamping takes approx three weeks

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
Hii,
I have submitted my prtd application on september 16th and havent received my passport request till now.is there anyone else facing the same issue?does anyone know how long it will take for processing?
Mostly it takes around a month but it depends if your application is complex then it can take more time.
For me it took 4 months

Sam_122

Oct 20, 2021
Mostly it takes around a month but it depends if your application is complex then it can take more time.
For me it took 4 months
Hi,
Based on what you said about your application, I think mine is quite similar to yours. I've also applied for a PRTD on h&c grounds and submitted my application in June. However, I haven't heard from the IRCC to this day.
Did you send a reminder email?

Yash0130

Sep 1, 2021
Hi Everyone,
We got COPR for me & wife together with same pr application and waiting for PR card.
Now we have to travel to india and need to submit PRTD and have few queries

1. Can we send a single prtd email for both applicants (me & wife) similart to Porter process?

2. Is there anything that we can mention in parts request to process it fast as I have to travel back asap.

Thanks in advance

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
Hi,
Based on what you said about your application, I think mine is quite similar to yours. I've also applied for a PRTD on h&c grounds and submitted my application in June. However, I haven't heard from the IRCC to this day.

Yes, a month before I used to email/call them bi-weekly and they used to say/reply the same "It is in process"

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
Hi Everyone,
We got COPR for me & wife together with same pr application and waiting for PR card.
Now we have to travel to india and need to submit PRTD and have few queries

1. Can we send a single prtd email for both applicants (me & wife) similart to Porter process?

2. Is there anything that we can mention in parts request to process it fast as I have to travel back asap.

Thanks in advance
1. No, Separate application for each Perm resident
2. Nope. Earlier when the pandemic was at peak they used to ask for the flight tickets while submitting PRTD and they were fast processing and giving e-visas

Reactions: Yash0130

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
No processing times for H&C applications. Often 6 months to a year for an answer.