+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time: GSS stream

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
I'm intrigued. How long did it take for you to get a WP? from which country? You just wrote a letter yourself to IRCC? If you dont mind me asking, which NOC are you? Thanks for any info you might be willing to provide.
It took 3 days from the time of sending that email.

From the US.
I just wrote an unorganized letter myself yes. I don’t think NOC matters unless ur essential, I am definitely not essential, 2173 :).

Alisa-Fin

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
WP

From the US.
I just wrote an unorganized letter myself yes. I don’t think NOC matters unless ur essential, I am definitely not essential, 2173 :).
Thank you, that is very interesting. I did try to send a letter written by my employer but they denied that request, even though we tried to say that my work would be essential (noc 4011 so obviously not on the list of essential workers).
Anyways, gongrats, great that you got through, it seems to be a mission impossible these days...

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
Just FYI guys, do send a letter to IRCC covid email. Even though I don’t know if my approval had anything to do with it but it doesn’t hurt to try. I sent a letter by myself without proper documentations just some basic offer letters and explained how my job will provide benefits to essential business (which is basically none). Use your imaginations, you can find some.
Can applicant write an email , even if application is submitted by the lawyer ? Because registered email address will be lawyers email address.

Alisa-Fin

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
WP

From the US.
Hey, one more question, where did you email your letter? Your local embassy or IRCC? I am confused as there are so many email addresses online.. Thanks

tusan

Aug 28, 2020
Hey, one more question, where did you email your letter? Your local embassy or IRCC? I am confused as there are so many email addresses online.. Thanks
Alisa, may I ask where did you send your previous letter? I submitted it through the webform and got the response 1 week later, saying my application "will be reviewed in the order it was submitted".

By the way, to which university you're going? I wonder if we can ask our universities to ask for an estimation on the processing time at least. It's a huge difference between 2 months and 6 months or more.

Alisa-Fin

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
WP
Alisa, may I ask where did you send your previous letter? I submitted it through the webform and got the response 1 week later, saying my application "will be reviewed in the order it was submitted".

By the way, to which university you're going? I wonder if we can ask our universities to ask for an estimation on the processing time at least. It's a huge difference between 2 months and 6 months or more.
I used a webform as well, as that is what I was adviced to do, Same reply as what you received. I am wondering if it would be worth emailing the embassy directly.

I can see some are hoping they will get paid by their uni even if they started working remotely. But I have to be physically in Canada to do my job (told IRCC that but it did not help). I dont think the universities will know about the processing times though, honestly, no one seems to know (not even local VACs, I have tried asking around a lot)

buckkie

Aug 25, 2020

From the US.
Hello , please when did you apply for your work permit , I just got an offer and I will like to have an idea of the wait time as I am not allowed to work remotely , am an IT person as well .

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018

From the US.
Hi
May you please tell me to which email address you have send the letter to expedite your work permit? I would appreciate if you guide me.
Thank you

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Just FYI guys, do send a letter to IRCC covid email. Even though I don’t know if my approval had anything to do with it but it doesn’t hurt to try. I sent a letter by myself without proper documentations just some basic offer letters and explained how my job will provide benefits to essential business (which is basically none). Use your imaginations, you can find some.
hey, qq...is your client operating from Canada & has a branch office in Canada?

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018

From the US.
I submitted a webform and sent an email for priority processing as well. Written by myself, no employer letter.

Lets see if and when they respond and if it makes a difference.

day_tech_se

Sep 16, 2020
I am in the similar boat as well. Applied this month beginning though. No idea how many months I will have to wait.

quick question - for GSS : is it automatically assigned if you are eligible ? I applied for "Foreign Worker : Visitor Visa Required" category with LMIA-exempt (PNP).

shinshin786

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
I am in the similar boat as well. Applied this month beginning though. No idea how many months I will have to wait.

quick question - for GSS : is it automatically assigned if you are eligible ? I applied for "Foreign Worker : Visitor Visa Required" category with LMIA-exempt (PNP).
Yes! i applied the same Visitor visa under Gts

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Yes, I have seen this. It has the following note:
"Email us at the address below only if you’re reuniting with an immediate family member who is living in Canada temporarily. We won’t respond to any other inquiries "

So I am very confused if visa on passport is enough to enter or I must get authorization letter from IRCC and /or proof of employment letter from the Canadian business.
You don't need permission to travel. As long as the airlines allow you to board.