+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time: GSS stream

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Congrats dear.....do you need an Authorization letter for travelling ? Did you apply for one ?
I do not know if authorization letter is required. This letter has been automatically uploaded in my account by IRCC. hope this clarifies.

buckkie

Aug 25, 2020
brief update..

I submitted my original passport: August 13,
Received original passport with visa stamp: August 20,
Received correspondence letter on my IRCC account: August 21..

I think all set to go to Canada.
Best wishes.
Congrats on your VISA , @RnDtech please how long did it take your employer to get the LMIA for you after you got the job offer . I am also in IT and about to get an offer but I will like to know or have an idea of the waiting period . Thanks

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Congrats on your VISA , @RnDtech please how long did it take your employer to get the LMIA for you after you got the job offer . I am also in IT and about to get an offer but I will like to know or have an idea of the waiting period . Thanks
It took my employer 15 business days to get LMIA approval after the job offer. Visa took longer, which can be seen from my previous posts. Hope you can have your visa soon,too.

buckkie

Aug 25, 2020
It took my employer 15 business days to get LMIA approval after the job offer. Visa took longer, which can be seen from my previous posts. Hope you can have your visa soon,too.
Thanks a lot for your response . I will keep my fingers crossed. I think its covid that made VISA processing longer , I understand GTS use to take less than a month before

Reactions: RnDtech

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
I still haven't heard back from IRCC regarding my inquiry. I sent my original passport Canada visa office in Singapore after I had received " Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application" and Original Passport Request letter.

In addition to work visa stamp on my passport, Do I need letter of introduction or letter of port of entry (POE) ? or Is work visa stamp on passport along with quarantine plan enough?

I am very perplexed because IRCC website says you need all the following:
You’re a worker who meets all of the following:

• has a letter of introduction for a work permit (open or employer-specific)
  • has a valid job offer
  • can work once you enter Canada and complete your 14-day quarantine (unless you’re exempt)

If anyone knows, please kindly advise.
Thank you.
P.S I will travel a single person who has the work permit.
Hi did you manage to get this letter of Introduction for Work Permit?

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
yes, ircc automatically uploaded this on my account after I received my passport with visa stamp .
How long did it take for you to get it stamped? I messaged VAC about my passport request on Thursday afternoon they haven’t replied yet. Hopefully it can be done before next weekend. I’m already packed up and as soon as my passport arrives I’m gonna be gone like a fart

Reactions: sami26

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
How long did it take for you to get it stamped? I messaged VAC about my passport request on Thursday afternoon they haven’t replied yet. Hopefully it can be done before next weekend. I’m already packed up and as soon as my passport arrives I’m gonna be gone like a fart
as mentioned in my previous post:
I submitted my original passport: August 13,
Received original passport with visa stamp: August 20,
Received correspondence letter on my IRCC account: August 21..

Reactions: Yqing237

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Did you get your approval as well? @danilorniepes
Just FYI guys, do send a letter to IRCC covid email. Even though I don’t know if my approval had anything to do with it but it doesn’t hurt to try. I sent a letter by myself without proper documentations just some basic offer letters and explained how my job will provide benefits to essential business (which is basically none). Use your imaginations, you can find some.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
1st week of september .. I hope I won't have any issue to enter to Canada.
Your travelling alone correct? Are you also getting an Authorization Letter from IRCC?

To be eligible to travel to Canada, you need
  • a written authorization from IRCC confirming that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions
  • a valid visitor visa (if you’re from a country whose nationals require a visa) or an eTA (if you’re from a country whose nationals are visa-exempt)
  • a valid passport
  • to tell the airline that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions
  • to show an immigration officer that you’re coming for an essentialFootnote1(non‑discretionary) purpose, such as to live with your spouse, common-law partner or family member
    • You’ll be refused an authorization if an officer finds that you’re travelling for an optional or non-essentialFootnote1 (discretionary) purpose, such as for tourism, entertainment or recreation.
  • to have your health checked by airline officials to confirm that you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever, a cough and difficulty breathing
    • Anyone showing symptoms will not be allowed to board a flight to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization

Alisa-Fin

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
WP
Just FYI guys, do send a letter to IRCC covid email. Even though I don’t know if my approval had anything to do with it but it doesn’t hurt to try. I sent a letter by myself without proper documentations just some basic offer letters and explained how my job will provide benefits to essential business (which is basically none). Use your imaginations, you can find some.
I'm intrigued. How long did it take for you to get a WP? from which country? You just wrote a letter yourself to IRCC? If you dont mind me asking, which NOC are you? Thanks for any info you might be willing to provide.