+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time: GSS stream

nkg_lz

Aug 10, 2020
Thank you.

Application submitted for Global Talent Stream: April 30,2020 with biometrics, upfront medical examination
Requested additional documents of Queensland Traffic history: July 16
I uploaded the requested documents on July 23.
Biometrics correspondence letter: July 27
I received email indicating that IRCC received the additional documents I uploaded: August 10
5 minutes after this notification, I received the passport request letter.

Applied online from Singapore. My application was processed in Edmonton/Alberta.

Anyone knows if I am allowed to enter Canada ? Please kindly let me know..
Congrats on the approval. Thanks for providing the timeline.
I found this on Canada website, looks like temporary workers are exempt from travel restrictions.
All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet 2 requirements:

Travellers coming from outside the US who are exempt from the travel restrictions
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
thanks a lot for information. This is very useful.
I emailed IRCC to double check with them to be 100% certain. Let's see what they say.

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
thanks a lot for information. This is very useful.
I emailed IRCC to double check with them to be 100% certain. Let's see what they say.
Congrats @RnDtech. This is great news and gives all of us here some hope. Please keep us posted about IRCC reply and how your process goes with passport submission etc.

meliksah

Jul 22, 2020
@RnDtech you do not have to get authorization letter from this email if you are single. You can validate it from ircc social media team via twitter. Their address is @CitImmCanada or something like that

you just need 14 days isolation plan how you will go to self isolation place(should be private car or maybe uber or lyft) how you will access groceries or medical(someone should provide you. You cant go and buy).
And job offer that shows you will start work after self isolation

Reactions: RnDtech

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
@RnDtech you do not have to get authorization letter from this email if you are single. You can validate it from ircc social media team via twitter. Their address is @CitImmCanada or something like that

you just need 14 days isolation plan how you will go to self isolation place(should be private car or maybe uber or lyft) how you will access groceries or medical(someone should provide you. You cant go and buy).
And job offer that shows you will start work after self isolation
Thanks a lot for info, this is really helpful..
I will book in self-quarantine place prior to arrival to Canada. Would you be able to tell whether proof of booking receipt will be sufficient? Also, I can tell that I will be using uber as a way of transportation to hotel , would this need further justification? As for food, I am planning to use food delivery? Although I don't have a Canadian simcard & local debit card, I guess I will be able to use hotel wifi & cash when needed for food delivery.

At the moment, I just submitted my passport to VAC, and waiting the visa stamp on my passport. hope all goes smoothly.

meliksah

Jul 22, 2020
@RnDtech
Actually I havent got work permit yet. And As far as I read from CBSA,HealthCan and travel.gc you need to download app ArriveCAN before 48 hours of enterance. And you need to provide someone’s phone number from canada. And you need to go your place with private car(do not know uber or lyft permitted) and you can just go your balcony or private yard in this 14 days period. Because of that you need to provide them how you will buy grecories and if you need some special medicine how will you get it. Since going somewhere else is not allowed they maybe will want this contact number should provide these needs to you. But it doesnt seems like logical. Because maybe you do not recognize anyone from there.

So I am guessing that if you rent some place from airbnb and provide house owner’s phone to them will be ok.

and getting foods from instacart or ordering meals from ubereats should be okay as well. But I do not have any experience about this.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Thanks a lot for info, this is really helpful..
I will book in self-quarantine place prior to arrival to Canada. Would you be able to tell whether proof of booking receipt will be sufficient? Also, I can tell that I will be using uber as a way of transportation to hotel , would this need further justification? As for food, I am planning to use food delivery? Although I don't have a Canadian simcard & local debit card, I guess I will be able to use hotel wifi & cash when needed for food delivery.

At the moment, I just submitted my passport to VAC, and waiting the visa stamp on my passport. hope all goes smoothly.
They ask you that you understand you have to quarantine for 14 days, will ask you IF you have a place to quarantine and access to get groceries, etc. Still a good idea to have a print out of your airbnb confirmation.

Once you are out no one asks you for anything, you can take an uber or a cab. There is no check on this.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
My wife called IRCC yesterday. After 30 minutes was able to talk to an agent.

processing is still pending and a decision has not yet been made.

They apologized for the delay but offered no update on when to expect a decision.

kpanos

May 17, 2020
Hey guys, I am trying to apply for my work permit under GSS but in my IRCC account when I apply for a work permit there is no option to select applying under GSS. Has anyone else has this issue, what did other people do? I am using a Mac laptop so not sure if this has anything to do with it. Thanks

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Hey guys, I am trying to apply for my work permit under GSS but in my IRCC account when I apply for a work permit there is no option to select applying under GSS. Has anyone else has this issue, what did other people do? I am using a Mac laptop so not sure if this has anything to do with it. Thanks
Only your employer can file for you under GSS using the employer portal if you and the employer meets all the other requirements. You can’t apply yourself.

kpanos

May 17, 2020
So are you saying that once your employer has received a positive LMIA from the ESDC, it is only the employer themselves that can apply for a work permit and not the worker? This was not my understanding and not what the person from ESDC told me and my employer.

How would an employer be able to create an IRCC account and upload a police certificate and biometrics? That makes no sense

kpanos

May 17, 2020
Dear all,

I just received Original passport request from IRCC. And in my account, it is indicated that "Your application was approved " under final decision.
Thank you very much to everyone who guided me along the process. I wish all of you the best.

Now, I need to find out if I am allowed to enter to Canada once I have the visa issued on my passport. Do I need anything else such as paperwork to enter to Canada?
Hey, I have just received a positive LMIA from ESDC and was going to ask when applying for the work permit, does the employee ie. me apply for it? Someone has just told me that my employer has to apply for my work permit? That seems strange!

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Hey, I have just received a positive LMIA from ESDC and was going to ask when applying for the work permit, does the employee ie. me apply for it? Someone has just told me that my employer has to apply for my work permit? That seems strange!
In my case, I applied to work permit using IRCC account myself as an employee. This happened after my employer obtained positive LMIA letter for me and send me this letter via email. hope this helps.