+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for temporary work permit

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
nikki20 said:
@ james actually it was also only this morning when i understood somehow what's that POLO. A distant cousin of mine arrived fr canada last wk, he's here in the phils to process his new work permit w/ a new employer. Manager already thats why he'll be processing his family's visa too. He showed me his LMO and contract authenticated by the POLO office in vancouver. First page is the red ribbon seal signed by a phil consulate & attached are his lmo & contract. He was d one who processed that b4 going home and that is what the polo verification is that is needed by the poea. He told me that my employer or husband should have processed that during the time of my application. Now, it is mercan who will do that however it will really take weeks i guess to finish that polo verification.
@ james how bout you. Is ur lmo & contract already passed polo verifiction? If not then ur employer should be processing that. But im not really sure with the process. Do you have idea re. that?

What's the Job of your friend? My friend who just flew to Canada last Tuesday did not have that POLO verification. He was just given a compliance form that was signed by his employer. Even a friend of mine who is in Canada now for a year did not have that. They're both hired directly and working as food counter attendant. For the study permit I don't have idea about that.

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
James6 said:
What's the Job of your friend? My friend who just flew to Canada last Tuesday did not have that POLO verification. He was just given a compliance form that was signed by his employer. Even a friend of mine who is in Canada now for a year did not have that. They're both hired directly and working as food counter attendant. For the study permit I don't have idea about that.
@ james Ask them again if their lmo has this red ribbon seal signed by d the phil consulate office. My cousin will be working as a Manager. Also, the previous batch of employees employed by tims were also asked to have thos polo verification. Mercan agency did that. However, during my husband's time in dec 2009 don't have that yet. And if you'll going to visit poea's website you will see in the ofw name hired procedures re.that polo verified lmo & contract.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
nikki20 said:
@ james Ask them again if their lmo has this red ribbon seal signed by d the phil consulate office. My cousin will be working as a Manager. Also, the previous batch of employees employed by tims were also asked to have thos polo verification. Mercan agency did that. However, during my husband's time in dec 2009 don't have that yet. And if you'll going to visit poea's website you will see in the ofw name hired procedures re.that polo verified lmo & contract.
The LMO that they used for their PDOS and OEC was the one their employers sent thru their emails.. So I'm sure there's no red ribbon on it.

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
@ james Actually im not yet really sure about it, if my cousin is really right to say that a red ribbon is really needed. But previously, when i was informed about this polo verification i searched the web for some answers. As far as i remember, I read from a different forum where a lady shared her experience bout this polo. She was direct hired and process directly her pdos and oec. Then she said that there is a division which handles this polo verification. Poea manila will only email the polo in canada for verifiction and receives the reply also on that day. Unfortuntely, i am direct hired but could not process mine directly in poea since my employer has a registered local accredited agency at poea.Hope james you could find the right answer or procedure re. this polo coz this is the only thing that puzzles me now..

YZSMC11

Oct 21, 2011
Hi Nikki and James!

I was reading your posts regarding your TWP application and I was glad to see your progress and Congrats on receiving your Visa!!
I submitted my application in Hongkong via courier (received) August 24. I am thinking it is still early and
looking at your timeline were actually just right. But I have not received any AOR or any confirmation from them.
I am still waiting... I am not sure if in Manila, the procedure is different. My agency is in Canada, so we are both waiting for the
advice.

@Nikki: I think I read in your post that you email them and they sent your medical request right?
May I know where I can email? I am just wondering because I read in the CIC website that they
will not entertain any follow up if it is not yet past the timeline, in Hongkong as I have checked is 4 months.
So I am afraid I will not be entertained. :)

I will also try to check in the bank if they already debit the bank draft we sent maybe this end of October.

Btw, Guys! Anybody here send their TWP application in Hongkong? Please let me know also of your progress.

Thank You!

lexie_nicole

Aug 13, 2011
hi guys,
as far i remembered my contract of my husband was registered in POLO because before he was got the poea and oec they asked him if his contract was already registered in POLO, we don't know about it then my husband called his auntie in alberta canada to send his contract to POLO vancouver to registered it then when my husband back to the POEA his name appeared in their database.. The POLO sent the confirmation to POEA for the registration of his contract.
By the way Nikki congrats.. ask something do u have any experience as a food counter attendant?

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
lexie_nicole said:
hi guys,
as far i remembered my contract of my husband was registered in POLO because before he was got the poea and oec they asked him if his contract was already registered in POLO, we don't know about it then my husband called his auntie in alberta canada to send his contract to POLO vancouver to registered it then when my husband back to the POEA his name appeared in their database.. The POLO sent the confirmation to POEA for the registration of his contract.
By the way Nikki congrats.. ask something do u have any experience as a food counter attendant?

What is the job of your husband?

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
lexie_nicole said:
housekeeping and kitchen helper...then he will promote into cook.
Oh really? Because I'll be working also as a housekeeper. When was the first time he had his PDOS?

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
@YZSMC11 Hi! Sorry for this late reply, im quite busy now preparing for my kids' student visa applications. What happened in my case was i got worried after my friend told me that he received his AOR already. I submitted my docs 1 week ahead of him (June 17). IwAug 10 and i haven't received anything from them yet. So I first checked with Air21 online tracker to check and it showed that my docs was received by CEM d next day, Jun 18. Then i decided to call again the call center not to make a follow up but just to ask them if my papers are already running in process. Then the agent affirmed. However, i still felt uneasy w/ the situation since its nearing 2 months but i still haven't received any AOR yet so asked the agent if i can send an email not to make a follow up but just to confirm. So they provided me the email address of CEM manila and on the same day i emailed them. Then came Aug 15 when my med request came (no more AOR
I guess u can send them email, but u need to know hk's email add.Actually, it is written in the AOR(as i saw with my husbands') but since u dont have it yet thet you can check hk's embassy's own site (if they have their own like here in manila) to get their email add. Just make sure not to make follow up inbut just make a query if they already received yours and ifits already in process. I only received an auto reply afterwards and med request after 3 wdays. It will help.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
YZSMC11 said:
Hi Nikki and James!

I was reading your posts regarding your TWP application and I was glad to see your progress and Congrats on receiving your Visa!!
I submitted my application in Hongkong via courier (received) August 24. I am thinking it is still early and
looking at your timeline were actually just right. But I have not received any AOR or any confirmation from them.
I am still waiting... I am not sure if in Manila, the procedure is different. My agency is in Canada, so we are both waiting for the
advice.

@ Nikki: I think I read in your post that you email them and they sent your medical request right?
May I know where I can email? I am just wondering because I read in the CIC website that they
will not entertain any follow up if it is not yet past the timeline, in Hongkong as I have checked is 4 months.
So I am afraid I will not be entertained. :)

I will also try to check in the bank if they already debit the bank draft we sent maybe this end of October.

Btw, Guys! Anybody here send their TWP application in Hongkong? Please let me know also of your progress.

Thank You!
I think they don't send AOR and medical to Filipino overseas applicants (not sure though). The process is different from applicants from the Philippines. They will only ask for Police clearance(current country of residence) and NBI. THen after that it's either refusal or they will ask for your passport for visa stamping.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

James6 said:
I think they don't send AOR and medical to Filipino overseas applicants (not sure though). The process is different from applicants from the Philippines. They will only ask for Police clearance(current country of residence) and NBI. THen after that it's either refusal or they will ask for your passport for visa stamping.
Of course they have a medical, all applicants do. They have to submit an application and Police certificates for every country where they have resided for 6 months or more.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

Of course they have a medical, all applicants do. They have to submit an application and Police certificates for every country where they have resided for 6 months or more.
Then why do Middle East applicants don't receive any Medical requests? They are just asked for Police clearance, NBI and then Passport for Visa stamping.