+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for temporary work permit

affirmative23

Oct 19, 2011
guys i have a question. i'm going to submit my application for temporary work permit for housekeeping in canada. Do i really need to include my passport with the rest of my documents? Because sometimes i;m travelling and i need my passport, or if i submit it already, is there a way of withdrawing just the passport only. thanks.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
affirmative23 said:
guys i have a question. i'm going to submit my application for temporary work permit for housekeeping in canada. Do i really need to include my passport with the rest of my documents? Because sometimes i;m travelling and i need my passport, or if i submit it already, is there a way of withdrawing just the passport only. thanks.
If you're in the Philippines you'll be submitting your passport together with your other documents so I guess you would not be travelling outside the country for some time..

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I have a question re apply lcp from singapore, what if during the processing you went home bec of finish contract can you trnsfer your file from singapore to manila embassy? What will happen to your wp/visa application if that happens? I cant check on the website.

rhyanom28

Oct 13, 2011
hi james!

I got another question for you, if I may. I've read from the previous posts that their friend got denied already without doing any medical exam. Would it mean that if you got your AOR, the chances of getting a medical instruction is high than the chances of being denied? I'm still waiting for my medical instruction, btw, that's why i was kinda worried when i read about someone's friend's being denied. I might get the denial letter instead of the medical instruction.

So the average processing times for TWP is 3-4months?

Thanks!:D

scuudz

Sep 29, 2011
rhyanom28 said:
hi james!

I got another question for you, if I may. I've read from the previous posts that their friend got denied already without doing any medical exam. Would it mean that if you got your AOR, the chances of getting a medical instruction is high than the chances of being denied? I'm still waiting for my medical instruction, btw, that's why i was kinda worried when i read about someone's friend's being denied. I might get the denial letter instead of the medical instruction.

Im not sure of the processing times in your country. However, the AOR is simply an acknowledgement of receipt of your application. You getting or not getting an AOR from them does not have any bearing on whether you will receive a medical instruction, in my opinion. I have heard of cases where people never got an AOR, they just got their medical instruction.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
rhyanom28 said:
hi james!

scuudz is right AOR is just an acknowledgement of receipt. My friend who is now in Canada did not receive any AOR. He received his medical instruction after 8 weeks.. I received my AOR after 4 weeks then Medical after 2 weeks. There are cases that refusals are done prior to medical but there are also cases that it is done after medical. It's all case to case basis and it is on the hands of the visa officer who will review your application.

rhyanom28

Oct 13, 2011
scuudz said:
Im not sure of the processing times in your country. However, the AOR is simply an acknowledgement of receipt of your application. You getting or not getting an AOR from them does not have any bearing on whether you will receive a medical instruction, in my opinion. I have heard of cases where people never got an AOR, they just got their medical instruction.

Thanks!

rhyanom28

Oct 13, 2011
James6 said:
scuudz is right AOR is just an acknowledgement of receipt. My friend who is now in Canada did not receive any AOR. He received his medical instruction after 8 weeks.. I received my AOR after 4 weeks then Medical after 2 weeks. There are cases that refusals are done prior to medical but there are also cases that it is done after medical. It's all case to case basis and it is on the hands of the visa officer who will review your application.

thanks!

joemar

Oct 19, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
14-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
James6 said:
Yes, I used my Globe postpaid to call for additional requirement pick up. The call was about 500 pesos for about 7 minutes . For application pick up the call time would be much longer. I don't think Sun cellular can be used. When I called the call center for pick up it took me around 12 minutes...check this application kit for Manila.

Prepare the following:

1. Paper and pen
2. LMO (number and expiration date)
3. Passport( number, date issued and date of expiry)

This would save you some time.. Good Luck :D

haaaa....still cant contact the call center. my last resort is to use cellphone, however, what if i used cp and have it loaded with P1000 but still cant reach the call center? will you please analyze my situation: my LMO will expires on Feb 29, 2012 and i dated my expected time of arriving in canada feb 02, 2012. and you've said that 3-4 months is usually the processing time, is there any problem with that? my LMO just arrived last sept (2nd week) and i just only have more than a month to collate all my documents. im a government employee since i graduated from college so i think my employment history doesnt have any problem. im 28 y/o, married with 2 children, with a job offer to become a Pork Production Technician in Alberta. i only have 4 months left before my LMO expires....

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
joemar said:
haaaa....still cant contact the call center. my last resort is to use cellphone, however, what if i used cp and have it loaded with P1000 but still cant reach the call center? will you please analyze my situation: my LMO will expires on Feb 29, 2012 and i dated my expected time of arriving in canada feb 02, 2012. and you've said that 3-4 months is usually the processing time, is there any problem with that? my LMO just arrived last sept (2nd week) and i just only have more than a month to collate all my documents. im a government employee since i graduated from college so i think my employment history doesnt have any problem. im 28 y/o, married with 2 children, with a job offer to become a Pork Production Technician in Alberta. i only have 4 months left before my LMO expires....
well if you want to be sure just use PLDT Landline.. Actually we have the same situation, I can't contact the call center using my hand phone so I went to a long distance call service because I don't have a personal PLDT landline I paid a little over 1,000 pesos (1,080 to be exact) for about 12 minutes-this includes call time and service charge. When they asked for an additional document I tried my cellphone and I was able to connect. As long as you have submitted your application at CIC Makati before Feb. 02, 2012 you're alright.

joemar

Oct 19, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
14-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
James6 said:
well if you want to be sure just use PLDT Landline.. Actually we have the same situation, I can't contact the call center using my hand phone so I went to a long distance call service because I don't have a personal PLDT landline I paid a little over 1,000 pesos (1,080 to be exact) for about 12 minutes-this includes call time and service charge. When they asked for an additional document I tried my cellphone and I was able to connect. As long as you have submitted your application at CIC Makati before Feb. 02, 2012 you're alright.
im planning to go to manila tomorrow to find a payphone there...im just 35 minutes away from manila......well, im very grateful from hearing that from you...i hope your application be going good as well as mine....thanks!!!

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
joemar said:
im planning to go to manila tomorrow to find a payphone there...im just 35 minutes away from manila......well, im very grateful from hearing that from you...i hope your application be going good as well as mine....thanks!!!
No problem bro.. Yes, I hope all will go well. Best of luck..

nabraj

Sep 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glutten said:
Hi nabraj

I also submited my application to cic abu dhabi last july 21, and untill now i dont have any news or feedback coming from them.. Hope this wont take so long.
yes according to cic abudhabi website processing time is 7 months .lets wait 4 months more ........

joemar

Oct 19, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
14-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
James6 said:
No problem bro.. Yes, I hope all will go well. Best of luck..
Thanks God i'd be able to contact the call center!!! my aunt have a friend with pldt landline and i used that to contact them....just this morning and my application was scheduled to be pick up on monday....will update you guys on my application as soon as it have result.................. ;D

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
joemar said:
Thanks God i'd be able to contact the call center!!! my aunt have a friend with pldt landline and i used that to contact them....just this morning and my application was scheduled to be pick up on monday....will update you guys on my application as soon as it have result.................. ;D
Good to know that. Good luck :)