+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for temporary work permit

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
@james It's good to know that refusals are done prior to medicals. At least we already have 60% chances of being approved. I dont know the person, he's from bacolod. His wife is my husband's co worker at Tims. I was told before that the guy has no work here & maybe our guess was right that he supplied false info. Her wife actually did that before & was just fortunate to got visa approval 2 yrs ago. She said to have been employed in a restaurant owned by a relative but really not. It was plotted. And maybe this time they did it again but didn't worked.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
nikki20 said:
@ james It's good to know that refusals are done prior to medicals. At least we already have 60% chances of being approved. I dont know the person, he's from bacolod. His wife is my husband's co worker at Tims. I was told before that the guy has no work here & maybe our guess was right that he supplied false info. Her wife actually did that before & was just fortunate to got visa approval 2 yrs ago. She said to have been employed in a restaurant owned by a relative but really not. It was plotted. And maybe this time they did it again but didn't worked.
Aw that's sad, But this serves as a lesson that we should always be honest. It's really risky to provide falsified documents. The embassy actually asked for my SSS contribution, maybe to see the genuineness of the employment certificates that I've passed.

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
Just want to share another case of denied visa (kasabay ng husband q last year). Husband & wife were given an lmo. No child yet. The wife got her visa but the husband was denied. Actually, he was in Dubai when the lmo arrived. He was working there but with no proper work permit, only tourist visa. Then he went home to pursue his application. He had his medicals & was interviewed tru phone. I just forgot the questions asked by the officer. The reason of his denial was he has no reason that he'l comeback to his country of origin. Some said that its maybe because the spouses both applied, chances to work should have given to others but not to both of them. Others said that it was maybe because of his work condition in dubai, that of working without proper work permit.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
nikki20 said:
Just want to share another case of denied visa (kasabay ng husband q last year). Husband & wife were given an lmo. No child yet. The wife got her visa but the husband was denied. Actually, he was in Dubai when the lmo arrived. He was working there but with no proper work permit, only tourist visa. Then he went home to pursue his application. He had his medicals & was interviewed tru phone. I just forgot the questions asked by the officer. The reason of his denial was he has no reason that he'l comeback to his country of origin. Some said that its maybe because the spouses both applied, chances to work should have given to others but not to both of them. Others said that it was maybe because of his work condition in dubai, that of working without proper work permit.
Canada is stricter compared to other countries... I know a friend who is working overseas and he was able to get a visa using falsified docs. It's really hard to take chances.. it's still better to keep it safe than be sorry.

scuudz

Sep 29, 2011
Just submitted my application for a TWP in India today. The CIC website says it is supposed to take about 2 months to process, although the receiving agent told me it takes a minimum of 20 working days. So, I'm guessing I should expect to hear back anywhere between 4-8 weeks. Am I supposed to receive an AOR? If so, then how long before I receive it? Usually, how long does it take for them to request the medical examination? The comment about refusals being given before they ask for a medical examination....just for my information, is this a fact or speculation?

I'm guessing a lot of the posters on here are from the Philippines. Does it really take 16 months to process a TWP application there?? I wonder why the huge variation in processing times between countries.

Also, would it be possible to keep all the posts restricted to English so more people can understand and benefit from the exchange of information? Thanks!! :)

nabraj

Sep 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi scuudz
same as here i applied july 20 in abudhabi . iam still waiting. its true phillipnes taking 16 month time to approve application. by the way you applied for PR or work permit?

scuudz

Sep 29, 2011
I applied for a work permit. I guess if you applied in Abu Dhabi, then according to their website, it takes 7 months to process a work permit application there. Probably a much higher volume of applications going through that office.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
nabraj said:
hi scuudz
same as here i applied july 20 in abudhabi . iam still waiting. its true phillipnes taking 16 month time to approve application. by the way you applied for PR or work permit?
16 months? Maximum maybe but normal processing time is 2 months. My friend got his visa after 3 months... Usual processing time in the Philippines is 3-4 months. But for LICP it takes 12 to 14 months.

soon2Bcanuck

Apr 13, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
James6 said:
You have to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you. The employer would then be applying for a an LMO. LMO application normally takes weeks or even months. If the employer's LMO application is approved you can then start processing your work permit.

To start with here are some websites that post current job positions.

www.wowjobs.ca
www.jobbank.gc.ca/
www.simplyhired.ca

and this is the website of CIC in the Philippines(if you're in the Philippines)

www.philippines.gc.ca
Thanks Sir james!
Good luck din po sa application nyo! hope to find an employer soon kc balita ko ubos na daw yung slots ng FSW.

scuudz

Sep 29, 2011
James6 said:
16 months? Maximum maybe but normal processing time is 2 months. My friend got his visa after 3 months... Usual processing time in the Philippines is 3-4 months. But for LICP it takes 12 to 14 months.
16 months is what it says on the CIC website, which is what I quoted. The website says the times given are "an average time taken to process work permit applications in 80% of the cases over the preceeding 12 months".

I'm glad if the processing time is 3-4 months....a lot better than 16!

joemar

Oct 19, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
14-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
can anyone help me how to submit my application for TWP in manila?? i ended up my day calling the call center hotline but its unreachable....some told me i can send my papers thru courier and some said i can drop it on drop boxes located in makati.....please i badly needed your advice....many thanks!!!

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
joemar said:
can anyone help me how to submit my application for TWP in manila?? i ended up my day calling the call center hotline but its unreachable....some told me i can send my papers thru courier and some said i can drop it on drop boxes located in makati.....please i badly needed your advice....many thanks!!!
For temporary work permit application you should call the call center hotline for schedule of pick up. if your using your cellphone be sure to have at least 1,000 pesos load. If you can't reach their hotline through your handset, use PLDT Landline.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
scuudz said:
16 months is what it says on the CIC website, which is what I quoted. The website says the times given are "an average time taken to process work permit applications in 80% of the cases over the preceeding 12 months".

I'm glad if the processing time is 3-4 months....a lot better than 16!
Definitely better.. I think(if i'm not mistaken) 16 months is usually for FSW and LICP.. For TWP it's much faster.

joemar

Oct 19, 2011
Bulacan
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
Med's Request
23-11-2011
Med's Done....
14-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
James6 said:
For temporary work permit application you should call the call center hotline for schedule of pick up. if your using your cellphone be sure to have at least 1,000 pesos load. If you can't reach their hotline through your handset, use PLDT Landline.

is it okay to use a handset?? i have a postpaid but its suncellular...how can i contact the call center...i also used pldt payphones but nothing happens.....im planning to buy a smart sim to use in calling the call center. should i have it loaded P1,000.00???? salamat po sa info, ngayon lang ako pumunta dito sa forum na to at nakita ko na isa kayo sa credible source of info....thanks!!!

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
joemar said:
is it okay to use a handset?? i have a postpaid but its suncellular...how can i contact the call center...i also used pldt payphones but nothing happens.....im planning to buy a smart sim to use in calling the call center. should i have it loaded P1,000.00???? salamat po sa info, ngayon lang ako pumunta dito sa forum na to at nakita ko na isa kayo sa credible source of info....thanks!!!
Yes, I used my Globe postpaid to call for additional requirement pick up. The call was about 500 pesos for about 7 minutes . For application pick up the call time would be much longer. I don't think Sun cellular can be used. When I called the call center for pick up it took me around 12 minutes...check this application kit for Manila.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/assets/pdfs/work_permit-en.pdf

Prepare the following:

1. Paper and pen
2. LMO (number and expiration date)
3. Passport( number, date issued and date of expiry)

This would save you some time.. Good Luck :D