+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for temporary work permit

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
rhyanom28 said:
@ james
THanks for the reply! :D

Btw, I'm applying from the Philippines (specifically in Cebu). I received my AOR exactly 3 weeks after I've sent my application.

So hopefully, I'd be expecting the Medical instruction by next month.

btw, have you got your result for your application already?
That's the one I'm waiting for. I had my medical last August 18.. So most probably I'd be receiving the result soon.

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
@james
Yap, were just a few steps away hehehe! pm kita minsan di pa kc maayos net namin since nung nagbagyo.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
lynnard said:
@ james
Yap, were just a few steps away hehehe! pm kita minsan di pa kc maayos net namin since nung nagbagyo.
Yeah. Sure.. Ano bang ISP mo? What's your next plan after your first application?

soon2Bcanuck

Apr 13, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mga Guru's ask ko lang po kung pano kayo ng apply? FSW po ba or agency? di ko alam kung pano makakakuha ng lmo or AEO, wala akong kakilala sa canada, nakuha ko na po yung mga papers ko need help po tips mga GURU.

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
Hi to all! Id like to share lng some info na ung kasabay kong applicant, who is a friend of mine din, already got his visa today. Had my medical aug 24 & a week after nman sya ngpamedical. Hopefully, dumating na din ung sa atin.
How bout u james, may result ka na?

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
nikki20 said:
Hi to all! Id like to share lng some info na ung kasabay kong applicant, who is a friend of mine din, already got his visa today. Had my medical aug 24 & a week after nman sya ngpamedical. Hopefully, dumating na din ung sa atin.
How bout u james, may result ka na?
Hello nikki, no updates yet.. Maybe it really depends on the job position you'd be filling in and the province of destination. I Had my medical last August 18.. My friend flew to Canada this morning and he had his medical on September 2.. What is the province of destination and job of your friend?

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
soon2Bcanuck said:
mga Guru's ask ko lang po kung pano kayo ng apply? FSW po ba or agency? di ko alam kung pano makakakuha ng lmo or AEO, wala akong kakilala sa canada, nakuha ko na po yung mga papers ko need help po tips mga GURU.
You have to find an employer who is willing to sponsor you. The employer would then be applying for a an LMO. LMO application normally takes weeks or even months. If the employer's LMO application is approved you can then start processing your work permit.

To start with here are some websites that post current job positions.

www.wowjobs.ca
www.jobbank.gc.ca/
www.simplyhired.ca

and this is the website of CIC in the Philippines(if you're in the Philippines)

www.philippines.gc.ca

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
James6 said:
Hello nikki, no updates yet.. Maybe it really depends on the job position you'd be filling in and the province of destination. I Had my medical last August 18.. My friend flew to Canada this morning and he had his medical on September 2.. What is the province of destination and job of your friend?
@james We have d same employer, Tims Squamish BC. I know September na din sya ngpamedical. I actually passed my application a week earlier than him but he received his AOR first. June 17 had my docs picked up, aug 15 recvd my med request, no AOR. Actually i emailed them already (aug12) just asking if they are already processing my application coz i havent received any notice from them. Then aug 15 i received my med request.

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
nikki20 said:
@ james We have d same employer, Tims Squamish BC. I know September na din sya ngpamedical. I actually passed my application a week earlier than him but he received his AOR first. June 17 had my docs picked up, aug 15 recvd my med request, no AOR. Actually i emailed them already (aug12) just asking if they are already processing my application coz i havent received any notice from them. Then aug 15 i received my med request.
That's kinda weird... :D well we cannot do anything but wait.. It all depends on the consuls who had reviewed or who will be reviewing our applications. Let's just pray that everything will turn out positively... God never fails..

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
Ung isang kasabay namin was denied. He didn't even got the chance to receive medical request. I was informed that there was a typo error wherein he mistakenly wrote july instead of august in his passport expiration. I just dont know if that was the case why he was denied coz ang babaw e di ba. His docs was returned with a letter & reason of his denial. The letter stated daw something about a law case re. falsified docs. Sbi ng isang friend q na baka merong false docs & not that typo error he made.
@james anyway, do you think having this long weeks/months of our wait will give us positive results? Im scared din coz baka sa tagal ng hinintay natin would only give us negative results.. Ang tagal ng pagaantay tapos denied naman.. Wag naman sana..

James6

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
nikki20 said:
Ung isang kasabay namin was denied. He didn't even got the chance to receive medical request. I was informed that there was a typo error wherein he mistakenly wrote july instead of august in his passport expiration. I just dont know if that was the case why he was denied coz ang babaw e di ba. His docs was returned with a letter & reason of his denial. The letter stated daw something about a law case re. falsified docs. Sbi ng isang friend q na baka merong false docs & not that typo error he made.
@ james anyway, do you think having this long weeks/months of our wait will give us positive results? Im scared din coz baka sa tagal ng hinintay natin would only give us negative results.. Ang tagal ng pagaantay tapos denied naman.. Wag naman sana..
that's sad to know, but as I said we don't really know how their system of processing really works.. I think the reason for his refusal is not actually the typo error, he might have submitted a false document that lead to his refusal. Were you able to ask him? The negative thing about this is that he cannot enter Canada for at least 2 years because of that reason. I think lately, most refusals are given prior to medical which I guess is better to prevent applicants paying medical exams then will just be refused afterwards..