+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Hi guys,
So 14 months started for us and still haven't heard anything back from the immigration since Jan. I am thinking of sending an email to the Colombo Visa office for an update. Before I do that, just wondering, any of you here have sent an email to the Colombo visa office for an update and actually GOT any reply from them?

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi guys,
So 14 months started for us and still haven't heard anything back from the immigration since Jan. I am thinking of sending an email to the Colombo Visa office for an update. Before I do that, just wondering, any of you here have sent an email to the Colombo visa office for an update and actually GOT any reply from them?
Hi i sent an email to Colombo visa office in may and got an reply within 5 days

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi guys,
Hey does that mean ur medical also expired but did they sent you any email asking ur spouse to redo the medical.. Cuz next month my husband's medical will aslo expire so I don't know what to expect hopefully he gets visa by then.. And I am hoping you would get something this month.. But still email them and let vo know that it has been 14 months.. good luck

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey does that mean ur medical also expired but did they sent you any email asking ur spouse to redo the medical.. Cuz next month my husband's medical will aslo expire so I don't know what to expect hopefully he gets visa by then.. And I am hoping you would get something this month.. But still email them and let vo know that it has been 14 months.. good luck
Yes, his medical expired in April and he didn't get a request to re-do his medical as of yet. I have no idea what is going on... sooooo clueless ???

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Yes, his medical expired in April and he didn't get a request to re-do his medical as of yet. I have no idea what is going on... sooooo clueless ???
So my guess is that as you said the gcms notes suggested that he will have to do an interview and then proally they will ask him to redo the medical after interview and give him visa..

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...
November 5 2015
Med's Request
upfront medical
Med's Done....
August 2015
Interview........
No interviews
Passport Req..
April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi guys,
Yes. I have. I actually kept on bugging them. I emailed them almost every week, inquiring of the status of my application. Can't guarantee you'd be the same. but it doesn't hurt to try. right?

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
superwoman said:
Yes. I have. I actually kept on bugging them. I emailed them almost every week, inquiring of the status of my application. Can't guarantee you'd be the same. but it doesn't hurt to try. right?
Hi Superwoman, Are you the sponsor or sponsored spouse? By looking at your timeline, it seems that you/your spouse is already in Canada Congrats :). When you email them, did they actually give you an update or just told u to wait until they contact you?

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
superwoman said:
You are correct. I've already waited sooo long. Time to bother them :).

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...
November 5 2015
Med's Request
upfront medical
Med's Done....
August 2015
Interview........
No interviews
Passport Req..
April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi Superwoman, Are you the sponsor or sponsored spouse? By looking at your timeline, its seem the you/your spouse is already in Canada Congrats :). When you email them, did they actually give you an update or just told u to wait until they contact you?
Thanks. I am the sponsor. Well there are times they asked me to wait until they contacted me (a polite way of saying "shut the hole in your face" lol) and there are times they responded with requests for documents. I never stopped emailing them though. In April I was like this is it. Can't take this crap anymore and send them one last HUGE pleading email and believe it or not within three days time my husband got a request for the passport. :) probably coincidence or an effect of the email.

Don't loose hope. I know it's hard. VERY hard. But, this too shall pass. :)

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
superwoman said:
Thanks. I am the sponsor. Well there are times they asked me to wait until they contacted me (a polite way of saying "shut the whole in your face" lol) and there are times they responded with requests for documents. I never stopped emailing them though. In April I was like this is it. Can't take this crap anymore and send them one last HUGE pleading email and believe it or not within three days time my husband got a request for the passport. :) probably coincidence or an effect of the email.

Don't loose hope. I know it's hard. VERY hard. But, this too shall pass. :)
wow.. nice. I thought of writing a long email many times and didn't bother thinking its useless to write to them. Maybe I should think of writing a long email and see what happens.

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...
November 5 2015
Med's Request
upfront medical
Med's Done....
August 2015
Interview........
No interviews
Passport Req..
April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
wow.. nice. I thought of writing a long email many times and didn't bother thinking its useless to write to them. Maybe I should think of writing a long email and see what happens.
Good Luck!

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Thank you. I just sent the email. Let's wait and see what happens :)
Hi i have sent multiple emails and only response i got is this.........

"Acknowledgement of receipt. Responses are sent within 5 working days for temporary residents and for permanent residents. However, if your application is within processing times, a response will not be sent. Do not send multiple requests."

hus123

Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
05-Jul-2016
File Transfer...
21-Jan-2016 start processing 01-Feb-2016
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
25-Jul-2015 Ask Remedical- 15-Jul-2016
Interview........
NO Interview
Passport Req..
09 -Nov -2016
VISA ISSUED...
15 -Nov -2016
LANDED..........
02 -Dec -2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hi do you know when the medical was done?
he did upfront medical in july 15 2015