+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi Suthatheone. Are you the sponsor?
I am the sponsor and I went to the local MP's office last week and I was told the same thing. They are doing the background check and my husband is in Q for the interview. 13 months ended since I sponsored him and have not heard back from the immigration after Jan(that's when they requested for additional documents).
Yes i am the Sponsor. 11 months done since i applied and Colombo office requested additional documents Feb 01 ..........since then no update!!!!

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
suthatheone said:
Yes i am the Sponsor. 11 months done since i applied and Colombo office requested additional documents Feb 01 ..........since then no update!!!!
Hey what type of documents did they request.. and when you link ur account to cic does it state that they have started your background check.. I applied in November and they requested documents in feb and after that I didnt hear it has been 8 months..

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey what type of documents did they request.. and when you link ur account to cic does it state that they have started your background check.. I applied in November and they requested documents in feb and after that I didnt hear it has been 8 months..
Yes. Started background check.

requested for observation and alteration pages from the passport. I applied in late August 2015!!!!

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
suthatheone said:

omg today I see the processing time change 14 month no what the **** government they change with in 1 year 3 times this is the election promise (3 month) they don't have any idea for family sponcer onle take refugee LOl this gov like a kids

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
kankan said:
omg today I see the processing time change 14 month no what the **** government they change with in 1 year 3 times this is the election promise (3 month) they don't have any idea for family sponcer onle take refugee LOl this gov like a kids
You are right Kankan.. they changed the processing time to 14 months about 3-4 weeks ago. I went to see our local MP last week and I told them that my timeline (13 months) has passed and I didn't hear back from the Colombo Visa office and wanted to know the status. When my MP's office contacted the immigration they said processing time for Sri Lanka is 14 months now not 13 months so still one more month to go... but it can take longer than 14 months depending on the background check and other reasons.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
suthatheone said:
Yes. Started background check.

requested for observation and alteration pages from the passport. I applied in late August 2015!!!!
I really dont noe whats taking them so long... its been 11 months for u rite.. did ur spouse travel out of country

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Guys, after I sponsored my husband we went on Singapore-Thailand cruise(went to singapore and thailand as well) end of last year for one month and went to Malaysia for two weeks this year in May. Do you guys think its a good idea to send proof of our travel together? Just ask for the status and also tell them about our trips together? Will this actually make any difference or will I be just wasting my time sending them these additional proofs now?

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Lav_Canadian said:
You are right Kankan.. they changed the processing time to 14 months about 3-4 weeks ago. I went to see our local MP last week and I told them that my timeline (13 months) has passed and I didn't hear back from the Colombo Visa office and wanted to know the status. When my MP's office contacted the immigration they said processing time for Sri Lanka is 14 months now not 13 months so still one more month to go... but it can take longer than 14 months depending on the background check and other reasons.
bro where ur MP location I am in Scarborough our MP SHAUN did u ask them what the **** this playing our file so next month they gonna change 15 month?

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Guys, after I sponsored my husband we went on Singapore-Thailand cruise(went to singapore and thailand as well) end of last year for one month and went to Malaysia for two weeks this year in May. Do you guys think its a good idea to send proof of our travel together? Just ask for the status and also tell them about our trips together? Will this actually make any difference or will I be just wasting my time sending them these additional proofs now?
please they didn't ask you anything don't send any information

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
kankan said:
bro where ur MP location I am in Scarborough our MP SHAUN did u ask them what the **** this playing our file so next month they gonna change 15 month?
Bro? I am not a guy :). My MP is from Stouffville. Her name is Janet Phillpot

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
Bro? I am not a guy :). My MP is from Stouffville. Her name is Janet Phillpot
Hi lav,

how is the mp enquiry went for you? and my wife did the mp enquiry two months ago from manitoba(she is from toronto and now working in manitoba province) they said they are doing background check and told her to come again after two month to get some more information. now she is moving to toronto in few days and coming to colombo so my question is before coming to srilanka she decide to do another mp enquiry...is it a best idea to do another mp enquiry? if yes how does we contact toroto Mp? i guess she is from north york .....

Let me come to my online thing....i linked my acc and below is my linked application screenshot and gcms notes says eligibility passed.Any idea ? is it really linked to my application? i dont think it gives real time update!!l

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
I really dont noe whats taking them so long... its been 11 months for u rite.. did ur spouse travel out of country
No she didn't.......... my government did background check for 25000 REFUGEE in 3-4 weeks but for citizen taking for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
government very well loyal to the own citizen lol.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vijay1987 said:
Hi lav,

how is the mp enquiry went for you? and my wife did the mp enquiry two months ago from manitoba(she is from toronto and now working in manitoba province) they said they are doing background check and told her to come again after two month to get some more information. now she is moving to toronto in few days and coming to colombo so my question is before coming to srilanka she decide to do another mp enquiry...is it a best idea to do another mp enquiry? if yes how does we contact toroto Mp? i guess she is from north york .....

Let me come to my online thing....i linked my acc and below is my linked application screenshot and gcms notes says eligibility passed.Any idea ? is it really linked to my application? i dont think it gives real time update!!l

Hi Vijay, MP office contacted the immigration in Canada and was told that they are doing the background check and my husband is in queue for an interview. When they are done with everything they will contact my husband but they didnt give us a timeframe of how many more months it will take. Also, they mentioned current processing time for Sri Lanka is 14 months not 13 months so there is still one more month to go so we are just waiting eagarly to hear from them. As for you, if they advised your wife to come back in two more months and if it has alredy been two months why not pay a visit to the MP's office before she comes to Sri Lanka. BTW, seems you are going to meet your wifey soon ;D sooo happy for you!!! You guys have been apart for a while now and we all know how hard that must be for both of you. And ya the link my app service does not have the real time update. I still think ordering GCMS is the best way to get more details :). Oh ya, to contact the MP's office search for their office number online, explain your situation in brief and make an appointment to go see them in person. We have to go in person to sign a form which is basically giving them authorization to inquire on our behalf. Good luck. Sorry for the long reply. It seems like I am always writing an essay in this forum :D

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
suthatheone said:
No she didn't.......... my government did background check for 25000 REFUGEE in 3-4 weeks but for citizen taking for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
government very well loyal to the own citizen lol.
Yes ur rite.. I am from canada my husband in jaffna.. if they can bring so many refugees in certain period of time y not the sponosred spouses we have all the rights especially we r canadian citizens.. we shd all do the protest in front of VO in colombo.. lolll