+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

gongsunyanghao

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Did anyone call CIC recently? I tried the number of 8882422100, 3,3,0 or 3,2,0 several times, but always busy.
Is there any suggestions? Thank you very much!

Saif1234

Jan 18, 2019
Hi all,
My restoration for open work permit has been approved.
Applied: Oct 27 2018 (Online)
Eligibility review: Jan 16, 2019
Approved: Jan 17, 2019
Applied with 3 pay stub of my spouse along with PGWP.

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi all,
My restoration for open work permit has been approved.
Applied: Oct 27 2018 (Online)
Eligibility review: Jan 16, 2019
Approved: Jan 17, 2019
Applied with 3 pay stub of my spouse along with PGWP.
Congrats happy for u, What was the reason for refusal on the first application.

Reactions: Saif1234

Saif1234

Jan 18, 2019
Congrats happy for u, What was the reason for refusal on the first application.
Thank you so much.

I had only one pay stub from my spouse on that time. So they have asked me to submit LMIA instead (with a refusal letter obviously).

Last edited:
Reactions: Muche

Msichana

Jan 18, 2019
Hi All. I have been in a rather unfortunate and complicated situation. I graduated last year and then applied for PGWP which I got for one year because of the similar issue you all had: my passport was expiring. I called CIC then and they explained me that I can apply for a renewal after getting my passport renewed. So, on 10th March 2017, I applied for extension of work permit online. I called CIC before applying and they gave me the form 5710E and the link. When I opened the link, it said right on top, 'click here to check if you are eligible to apply online'. So I applied online with all the documentation, my old passport and my degree and also a letter of explaination why i want the extension. I was still workng at my job, hoping it shouldnt be a problem. But then something unfortunate happened. I got a reply on 23rd April night saying my work permit has been refused because I dont fulfill the requirements and I am out of status. They didnt ask me to leave the country. I was devasted. I had also applied for PR in feburary on basis on PNP(ontario).
Sadly, I called CIC next day and asked why there was rejection, since all my documents were complete. They told me I was supposed to apply pn paper. That WAS THE SOLE REASON FOR REFUSAL. I was outraged. I work in IT department and that link said I can apply online as well. They also told me that since I have no status I cannot work and must reapply for restoration and extension via paper application. I took legal advice as well, and the lawyer told the same thing. So within a day I was jobless, totally shocked what has happened. I applied on May 3rd again via paper application. They said the processing time is 4 months. My employer sent me on unpaid leave but they said if I dont hear back in June, they will hire someone else. I dont have enough for rent and I am confused. When I call CIC they tell, that my application has not even gotten a file number so I am not yet in their system yet and I really dont know what I am supposed to do. I am clueless and jobless, and soon will be penniless. I really want to know if someone had a similar situation or any suggestions for me? Something to expediate the process. I am really stressed and desperate here.
I am in a similar situation. I applied to bridge my PGWP in September. I was able to link my paper and unfortunately just received an email that my application is “cancelled as incomplete”. I have until March 2014 to restore my status since my previous PGWP expired Dec 14, 2018. I am so stressed and bitter! First I am mad at myself for forgetting to sign then am so bitter that they got back to me after 4 months! Now am out of status and have to resubmit and pay the fee again including wait for possibly another 4 months. All because of a missed signature guys. I don’t even know what to do. Did you get your status restored?

Msichana

Jan 18, 2019
Also I just spoke to a CIC agent and she says you can’t apply to restore your status and bridge PGWP online. My back story. My passport was expiring Dec, 2018. So I renewed it an applied to get the balance of 3 years in September. I didn’t sign my IMM5710 so it has been returned to me meaning am out of status.

Has anybody faced a similar situation and were you able to do this online, any suggestions are welso

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Also I just spoke to a CIC agent and she says you can’t apply to restore your status and bridge PGWP online. My back story. My passport was expiring Dec, 2018. So I renewed it an applied to get the balance of 3 years in September. I didn’t sign my IMM5710 so it has been returned to me meaning am out of status.

Has anybody faced a similar situation and were you able to do this online, any suggestions are welso
I think the best is to do paper application

Jan 6, 2011
Hi All,

this is my situation:

I got the Ontario Nominee letter in September 2018 (applied by the Employer Job Offer Stream)
My Open Work Permit expired in November 01th
I applied to extend my visa in October 06th, got refused because we forgot to pay the employer compliance fee
I asked a guy to do the process to do the restoration of my status as a Work Permit (that guy works at the federal immigration, so I realized he can do it go faster), after one month he did nothing. So I did everything by my self.
I ask my boss (not working for now), to pay the employer compliance fee, he agreed with that.

My questions are, do I still at the same circumstance that I was before that I had my extension refused? I mean, I´m not sure if CIC will consider my case as was before. I attached everything in my process (nomination letter, support letter to get the work permit extension, etc.) but I´m afraid they refuses again and they ask me to come back to my country.
Will the CIC consider my job offer, or the nomination letter when I asked to restore my status?

There is anybody here at the same situation?

Last edited:

Stressedgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the best is to do paper application
Please do paper application this time. They are shitty with extensions of work permit online. They told me to after 4 months. Took me another 4 months to get work permit. I was out of status and job too but still in Canada. Hope this helps

Reactions: Muche

Stressedgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

this is my situation:

I got the Ontario Nominee letter in September 2018 (applied by the Employer Job Offer Stream)
My Open Work Permit expired in November 01th
I applied to extend my visa in October 06th, got refused because we forgot to pay the employer compliance fee
I asked a guy to do the process to do the restoration of my status as a Work Permit (that guy works at the federal immigration, so I realized he can do it go faster), after one month he did nothing. So I did everything by my self.
I ask my boss (not working for now), to pay the employer compliance fee, he agreed with that.

My questions are, do I still at the same circumstance that I was before that I had my extension refused? I mean, I´m not sure if CIC will consider my case as was before. I attached everything in my process (nomination letter, support letter to get the work permit extension, etc.) but I´m afraid they refuses again and they ask me to come back to my country.
Will the CIC consider my job offer, or the nomination letter when I asked to restore my status?

There is anybody here at the same situation?
My advice would be you should have applied for paper application, because restoration on online application never happens. Also, good luck!

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Please do paper application this time. They are shitty with extensions of work permit online. They told me to after 4 months. Took me another 4 months to get work permit. I was out of status and job too but still in Canada. Hope this helps
What the reason for refusal on the first application

NGK123

Nov 15, 2018
Hi all ...my work permit got refused because of applying wrong ..after that my consultant told me to apply for restoration of status as a visitor ..so I applied on November 2018 but no reply till now ..can anyone tell me how long will it take ..S anyone in my situation