canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for replay..

I came to Canada as Open Work Permit Status in Feb 2016, when i applied for work permit as dependent of my spouse who is on student permit in Canada at that time. At that time i got OWP and i came to canada. OWP valid till 31st july 2017.

I and my Spouse both applied for work permits first time on june 30 2017 , My spouse applied for Post graduate work permit and i applied for extension of my OWP before expired. Now Immigration department approved PGWP for my spouse on 19th sept.2017 but they refused my application on 19th sept.2017. And they are saying as

"As the spouse of a holder of a Post Graduate work permit, you have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada"
But actually my spouse was working on NOC 2282(B). at that time but i was forget to put her paystub.
this time of restoration spousal work permit of PGWP holder(second time), we provide each and every supporting documents. so according to your experiance should not be any problem right?
Please help me if you have any information about this,
You have a good chance of approval but oo one can give guarantees.

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
Hello all, i have a question.
I have to apply for restoration and bc pnp is taking forever to issue work permit support letter so i am thinking of going personally to their office and request them to expediate, as i was not issued work permit support letter as time of my nomination.
And i never needed it until i had to apply for closed work permit which is not possible without the letter.
Kindly give ur suggestions.
Much thanks

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
Also my pr Applicantion is in last stage as Medical n landing fees has been submitted.
I m pnp pr nominee.

Boladan

Nov 16, 2017
Hello guys .. here's my timeline

Applied online LMIA exempt WP : Feb 09,2017.
WP Refused due to wrong LMIA exempt code and lost Temporary Status : April 23,2017.
Applied online for Status restoration and WP:April 26,2017 .
Got Approved :June 16,2017.
Please how did you apply online for restoration and WP?

ks231

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-03-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Please how did you apply online for restoration and WP?
Sorry for replying so late .Its same as you apply online for work permit extension . You just need to answer the questions properly and it will ask you restoration fee $200 plus WP free .There will be main application form (IMM5710E) and you have to choose "Restoration of your status as a worker" option.

Boladan

Nov 16, 2017
Sorry for replying so late .Its same as you apply online for work permit extension . You just need to answer the questions properly and it will ask you restoration fee $200 plus WP free .There will be main application form (IMM5710E) and you have to choose "Restoration of your status as a worker" option.
Thanks so much.

Lyn1912

May 15, 2018
Hi please help me my problem is my work permit is still valid until Sept.2018..the problem is my employer stop my sponsorship last March 2017...do i need to apply restoration of status and work permit?please help me.I'm so devastated now..I dnt know what to do.and I'm so scared.please hepl

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi please help me my problem is my work permit is still valid until Sept.2018..the problem is my employer stop my sponsorship last March 2017...do i need to apply restoration of status and work permit?please help me.I'm so devastated now..I dnt know what to do.and I'm so scared.please hepl
Hi

No, you don't need to apply for Restoration. Your status remains valid until your permit expires. However, if it is a closed work permit, you cannot work for anyone else, so you will essentially be a visitor.

Lyn1912

May 15, 2018
Thank you..

I'm a live in caregiver..I already finish my 24 months with my employer.now I'm applying my Open work permit and PR together..what I'm gonna do?

Lyn1912

May 15, 2018
I'm a live in caregiver..but I already finish the 24mothns requirements so can i apply my OPW and PR.?now?

May 31, 2018
My work permit is expired now because i was waiting for PNP to approved.
What are the chances of restoration of work permit
Is that going to effect my PR if I have to leave canada

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Hi guys, I need help please.
I graduated April 2017 from a 2 years program , applied for PGWP in June and it got approved in August but the PGWP was valid till March 3 due to the fact that my passport expires March 3. I applied to extend my PGWP by paper Dec 6 2017 but got refused March 15 , 2018 and the entire application was sent back to me (100 days processing time ) due to incomplete fees, I reapplied March 29, 2018 and is July 15, 2018 and haven’t heard a single word from CIC...what could be going on? I’m so confused, help guys