+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Oct 5, 2017
Hello Eva26,

I have applied for a restoration of Status and Bridge Open Work Permit Application on January 27, 2017 through Paper application as my initial application for Open Work Permit Extension was refused as I have not included the Open Work Permit Holder Fee (100$) along with my Online application.

I have also applied for Permanent Residence and received my Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) for my Permanent Residence Application on February 6, 2017 which I uploaded to CIC through a Case Specific Enquiry.

However, I have not received any update or communication from CIC or CPC Vegreville, Alberta about my Restoration or Work Permit status. Anyone applied for restoration and work permit during the same time period, please share any updates or timelines on this .

Hello deepu034,
I m in same situation I just want to conform that did you receive open work permit or close?

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
Hello,
I have some concerns in regards to my situation.
I am a bc pnp nominee and my federal file (NON EXPRESS ENTRY) has been submitted and i have been already been asked to submit landing fees. My work permit expired on sep. 2017 and i applied one month ahead of expiration however it got rejected as i missed paying $100.00 fees.
I got migration consultant to ile restoration application where he made me pay $200.00 (restoration application)+ $155.00 (work permit application) +$100.00 ((open work permit fees)
My work permit before was open work permit and had no restrictions on my permit or nomination certificate.

Do u think my lawyer has done right thing as lately i am hearing about this compliance fees. Kindly help any type of suggestions/input are helpful as very stressed right now and dont know what to do

Jam8tar

Aug 30, 2017
Hello,
I have some concerns in regards to my situation.
I am a bc pnp nominee and my federal file (NON EXPRESS ENTRY) has been submitted and i have been already been asked to submit landing fees. My work permit expired on sep. 2017 and i applied one month ahead of expiration however it got rejected as i missed paying $100.00 fees.
I got migration consultant to ile restoration application where he made me pay $200.00 (restoration application)+ $155.00 (work permit application) +$100.00 ((open work permit fees)
My work permit before was open work permit and had no restrictions on my permit or nomination certificate.

Do u think my lawyer has done right thing as lately i am hearing about this compliance fees. Kindly help any type of suggestions/input are helpful as very stressed right now and dont know what to do
My situation is similar,
I applied to extend my work permit on June 16th 2017.
Refused on August 27th 2017
Applied for restoration and employer specific work permit on September 11th 2017.
I had to pay the compliance fee and applied for employer specific using the
Ainp certificate because when I got refused the immigration officer letter stated that I no longer meet the requirements for a bridging open work permit under section 205 (a) of IRCC.
Did you apply using the paper because when

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
No i have applied online, but my consultant did not tell me get any compliance fees paid and all other related stuff. He just applied open work permit application i guess along with restoration application , i have no idea what basis he did that, i m all confused and on verge of mental breakdown now

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
My situation is similar,
I applied to extend my work permit on June 16th 2017.
Refused on August 27th 2017
Applied for restoration and employer specific work permit on September 11th 2017.
I had to pay the compliance fee and applied for employer specific using the
Ainp certificate because when I got refused the immigration officer letter stated that I no longer meet the requirements for a bridging open work permit under section 205 (a) of IRCC.
Did you apply using the paper because when
No i have applied online, but my consultant did not tell me get any compliance fees paid and all other related stuff. He just applied open work permit application i guess along with restoration application , i have no idea what basis he did that, i m all confused and on verge of mental breakdown now

wafatauseef

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
waiiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Does anyone know what happens when one leaves the country while the restoration application is still in process ?
Does it become moot (automatically cancelled)?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Does anyone know what happens when one leaves the country while the restoration application is still in process ?
Does it become moot (automatically cancelled)?
Yes, the app is abandoned. Note that if you leave before Restoration is approved, you will have overstayed and will need to declare that in any new applications and it may affect future entries.

wafatauseef

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
waiiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Yes, the app is abandoned. Note that if you leave before Restoration is approved, you will have overstayed and will need to declare that in any new applications and it may affect future entries.
It looks like my PR application will be approved soon for which I will cross the border by going back home while my restoration application is still in process. Will there be any problem on landing?

bhutravi1991

Dec 1, 2017
Can anybody please help me with the processing time of restoration of status with working permit and what are chances to approved application? i applied restoration spousal work permit of PGWP holder.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can anybody please help me with the processing time of restoration of status with working permit and what are chances to approved application? i applied restoration spousal work permit of PGWP holder.
There is no standard processing time. It generally takes at least a few months.

bhutravi1991

Dec 1, 2017
I applied on 25th sept.2017 . It's almost 2.5 month but in website shows processing time of work permit(new employer) 55 days so i was worried about it. And when i call cic agent told me that it is take up to 4 months. Is that real?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I applied on 25th sept.2017 . It's almost 2.5 month but in website shows processing time of work permit(new employer) 55 days so i was worried about it. And when i call cic agent told me that it is take up to 4 months. Is that real?
You haven't applied for a new work permit, so that processing time doesn't apply. As I said, Restoration takes at least a few months. You shouldn't have gone out of status in the first place.

bhutravi1991

Dec 1, 2017
Thanks for replay..

I came to Canada as Open Work Permit Status in Feb 2016, when i applied for work permit as dependent of my spouse who is on student permit in Canada at that time. At that time i got OWP and i came to canada. OWP valid till 31st july 2017.

I and my Spouse both applied for work permits first time on june 30 2017 , My spouse applied for Post graduate work permit and i applied for extension of my OWP before expired. Now Immigration department approved PGWP for my spouse on 19th sept.2017 but they refused my application on 19th sept.2017. And they are saying as

"As the spouse of a holder of a Post Graduate work permit, you have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada"
But actually my spouse was working on NOC 2282(B). at that time but i was forget to put her paystub.
this time of restoration spousal work permit of PGWP holder(second time), we provide each and every supporting documents. so according to your experiance should not be any problem right?
Please help me if you have any information about this,