+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for Open work permit?

Jun 2, 2017
Hi Guys,
Can anybody tell me if any of you have got any updates for the spouse open work permit visa status.
Since i have applied on 25th July 2018 from India and by then only i did not received any updates in the visa status yet. It has been more than six weeks now.

Please let me know if any one of you have got any response in this.
Have you got any response sir ?

Jaime C

Jul 3, 2017
Hi guys, I finally got my approval for an open work permit today within 5 weeks :) I got this news from my agent. According to them, I have to wait 1-2 days to get an official letter. Is it normal to get the letter within 1-2 days in which the future procedures will be mentioned!!
Congratulations, can you please share your timeline. App Sent, App Rec, AOR, OWP Approval. Thanks much!

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
Hi,
My name is Salima and I have got PhD admission into UBC, Canada.
I have applied for study permit, my husband for open work permit and my daughter for TRV on 12 June 2018. What is the processing time for open work permit? Should I hear the decisions on all three applications together? My classes will be starting from 1 September 2018, Will I good to hear in August?
Thank you
Can you please update on the status of your application? How long it took? Where did you apply from?

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
Hi All, what is the processing time of OWP if applied online along with spouse student visa?? Also, will both the visas come together or can have different timelines?

Thanks in advance
Hi Can you please update your timeline.

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
I applied for my wife open work permit in September 21, 2018. Inside Canada , for extension of open work permit , as I am on post graduate work permit. We have not received any reply yet. Can anyone please confirm for which date they are applying for as of now. ?

jelizzie2018

Nov 27, 2018
@shaziamumtaz1 is right. I applied for my wife on Aug 14. She got the letter for medical today.

Can someone please advice, what are next steps after medical and how much time it takes for passport request for Visa stamping?
Similar questions - I applied for my husband on Sept 19, 2018 and just received the medical request (online) today too. I am confused about how this is related to the OWP - is the medical needed to approve OWP? Or does it just mean they are processing our file and will approve the OWP soon?