+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I don’t know why they replied like this? Doing upfront medical shouldn’t be an issue.

The forms and numbers you mention are when IRCC request for medical.

Not to worry, just wait for medical, then do it with ime number.

Takita

May 12, 2021
I applied for ICT from US, and gave my biometric on 15th April, is anyone else having a similar time line as mine?
i haven't yet received any approval and just shows "doing a background check" . Its been 3 weeks now which is what the average time shows on the official website. Any one else in the same pool as me? my EAD is expiring and I feel troubled.
Hello @karansuri2000, Did you get any update after biometric? When did you get the Approval/PPR? Did you apply in GSS?

karansuri2000

Apr 14, 2021
Hello @karansuri2000, Did you get any update after biometric? When did you get the Approval/PPR? Did you apply to GSS?
Not sure what my fragomen lawyer applied for me. I believe it should be the skilled category for engineers.
no updates yet. Waiting since 15th April after biometric. I saw the COVID had a second wave in Canada just a week back, you can google it.
Strongly feel this being the reason for everybody's delay. Haven't heard from a single candidate getting approved in this time frame ( March 25th, 2021 - May 21 st 2021 ) ...

if anyone got approved in the time frame, please let us know. The processing time from US for WP is still 3 weeks according to the official website ( so inaccurate) :(

Takita

May 12, 2021
Not sure what my fragomen lawyer applied for me. I believe it should be the skilled category for engineers.
no updates yet. Waiting since 15th April after biometric. I saw the COVID had a second wave in Canada just a week back, you can google it.
Strongly feel this being the reason for everybody's delay. Haven't heard from a single candidate getting approved in this time frame ( March 25th, 2021 - May 21 st 2021 ) ...

if anyone got approved in the time frame, please let us know. The processing time from US for WP is still 3 weeks according to the official website ( so inaccurate) :(
I've seen some folks applied in April under GSS from US got approved in 4 weeks in other forums.

Did you provide biometrics at VFS NY/LA? or ASC center in your city?

SG9

May 15, 2021
Hello, could someone Please answer the following query. If we are applying for ICT WP from India, does IELTS needs to be cleared or is it a prerequisite?

Last edited:

San123hello

May 25, 2021
I have applied for ICT from USA ,
Application was turned in on 5/13
Received BIL on 5/14
Biometrics given at ASC on 5/17
I dont think my application is filed under GSS. When should I expect to hear back? Is the 3 week timeline (mentioned on IRCC ) accurate ?

Takita

May 12, 2021
I have applied for ICT from USA ,
Application was turned in on 5/13
Received BIL on 5/14
Biometrics given at ASC on 5/17
I dont think my application is filed under GSS. When should I expect to hear back? Is the 3 week timeline (mentioned on IRCC ) accurate ?
@San123hello, How were you able to get the biometric appointment at USCIS ASC just 3days after BIL?

It’s not available until 2 weeks at any ASC.

I’m in the same situation, BIL on 5/10…biometric on 5/24…waiting for PPR.

applied under GSS from US

San123hello

May 25, 2021
@San123hello, How were you able to get the biometric appointment at USCIS ASC just 3days after BIL?

So i tried walk in appointment at ASC Alexandria,VA. I had been there couple for years ago for my UK visitors visa biometrics and the office staff was quite helpful. The good thing about BIL is that there is no appointment date on it. I got BIL on friday, walked in on Monday 8am. Nobody asked me for an appointment letter so I didnt show it. They just checked BIL and passport and let me in. I had an appointment for 5/28. You might want to try this. If it works it works! Good Luck!

San123hello

May 25, 2021

Pre - COVID most ASCs’ had walk in biometrics for all IRCC applications. This is what i read on a couple of reddit threads and I would suggest, check the google , yelp reviews for the ASC you plan to visit. People post in reviews if they were able to do a walk-in appointment. Thats what I did.

Takita

May 12, 2021
Pre - COVID most ASCs’ had walk in biometrics for all IRCC applications. This is what i read on a couple of reddit threads and I would suggest, check the google , yelp reviews for the ASC you plan to visit. People post in reviews if they were able to do a walk-in appointment. Thats what I did.
So i tried walk in appointment at ASC Alexandria,VA. I had been there couple for years ago for my UK visitors visa biometrics and the office staff was quite helpful. The good thing about BIL is that there is no appointment date on it. I got BIL on friday, walked in on Monday 8am. Nobody asked me for an appointment letter so I didnt show it. They just checked BIL and passport and let me in. I had an appointment for 5/28. You might want to try this. If it works it works! Good Luck!
I did try to walk in to Norfolk, VA ASC and got refused. Anyway, completed per my appointment date 5/24.

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
Hello All, i am from hyderabad, India.
i am new to this forum. I need some information on the below. The company I work for is applying a ICT WP for me through a canadian attorney. Attorney emailed me to get Upfront medicals (me and my family needs to get them done) and when i tried to register for upfront medicals with enlisted panel physicians, they repsonded that high commission suggested.that there won't be any upfront medicals until they have IMM1017 with IME number. Can someone let me know, how to get this IMM1017 with IME number. Apologies if i am posting a reply to somethig as i did not know how to post my query as a new one or under a specific thread.
According to IRCC...
"Effective May 16th 2021 panel physicians will temporarily stop providing upfront medical exams for Canadian immigration. The COVID-19 pandemic in India requires panel physicians to focus on critical medical services"

Panel Physicians have been instructed by IRCC to stop providing Upfront Medicals.

When you do upfront medical, IMM1017 won't be needed from your side, but now IRCC have stopped Upfront medicals and now when you submit the application without Upfront Medical IRCC will tell you to do the medical (you will receive the request for Medical just like Biometrics) and you will get necessary documents in the portal.

Dev0007

Jul 19, 2020
I have applied for work permit for Canada under ICT from USA. My biometrics was done on 21st April'21. I checked with my company, and they said Attorney will update once there would any updates. I am just wondering, if any of you are able to check status by yourself and how to do it?