+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Try GCMS, to know the exact status/ Also WP approvals filed from India is a slow process.
yes applied for GCMS 2 weeks ago, yes it is indeed very slow, I don't understand even after getting BVL how come they are taking close to two months now to convey the decision.

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
yes applied for GCMS 2 weeks ago, yes it is indeed very slow, I don't understand even after getting BVL how come they are taking close to two months now to convey the decision.
BVL doesnt guarantee that decision is positive or negative. you l have to wait for final decision

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Yes, i dint wait for the webform response. On VFS global site i saw that we can send passports to email address. i sent the email to them, they sent the payment links etc and then passports were picked and returned back
So changing the address is not mandatory from US to India? while sending the PPR it allows us to send passport in any India location?
Also, I know medical is not needed if staying in US for more then 6 months and applying from there, but after we move to India do we need to get the medical and police clearance certificate?
I moved India last month and haven't got the address change yet , so wanted to know if thats fine and it should be a showstopper for any approval.

Last edited:

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
April 2020 application filed online outside Canada

Additional document req & medical: sep 2020
Medical passed: Oct 6th, 2020
Biometric: Oct 20th, 2020
BVL: Oct 26th, 2020
Additional document review started: Oct 27th, 2020
Eligibility and Background check (Including Security and Criminality): Passed confirmed by IRCC customer call center.

she said next step will be final decision now. what to expect its not made yet.

Just got to know this today so thought to update please share your comments.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
So changing the address is not mandatory from US to India? while sending the PPR it allows us to send passport in any India location?
Also, I know medical is not needed if staying in US for more then 6 months and applying from there, but after we move to India do we need to get the medical and police clearance certificate?
I moved India last month and haven't got the address change yet , so wanted to know if thats fine and it should be a showstopper for any approval.
1. I would suggest you to go ahead and submit a webform for change of contact address. - This is to just cover the move aspect. I dont think this will stop any of the approvals but better to have it in the system just in case.
2. You dont need to get medical and police clearance certificate in India if you have just returned from US within the last 6 months.

Hope this helps and good luck with your application.

Reactions: baa_at

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
1. I would suggest you to go ahead and submit a webform for change of contact address. - This is to just cover the move aspect. I dont think this will stop any of the approvals but better to have it in the system just in case.
2. You dont need to get medical and police clearance certificate in India if you have just returned from US within the last 6 months.

Hope this helps and good luck with your application.
Thanks for your quick response.

Harry3048

Dec 10, 2020
April 2020 application filed online outside Canada

Additional document req & medical: sep 2020
Medical passed: Oct 6th, 2020
Biometric: Oct 20th, 2020
BVL: Oct 26th, 2020
Additional document review started: Oct 27th, 2020
Eligibility and Background check (Including Security and Criminality): Passed confirmed by IRCC customer call center.

she said next step will be final decision now. what to expect its not made yet.

Just got to know this today so thought to update please share your comments.
Hi,
Could you please share IRCC contact number where we can contact from outside Canada. For me also its showing we are processing background check.

Harry3048

Dec 10, 2020
20 Oct 2020 application filed online outside Canada

Biometric:Nov 2nd, 2020
BVL: Not yet received. I can see Biometric details in online account.
Background check : in progress.

dex21

Oct 27, 2020
I got my ICT approval today for the application filed from US. Below is the timeline for anyone interested.
Application : 9th Oct 2020
Biometric Request : 12th Oct 2020
Biometric submission : 26th Oct 2020
Approval & PPR : 21 Dec 2020

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I got my ICT approval today for the application filed from US. Below is the timeline for anyone interested.
Congrats , that’s too fast.

I am still waiting for my application filed from malaysia on 1st sept , medical done on 8th December

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Congrats!!!

Mine was also ICT filed on 14th Oct and Biometric was completed on 3rd Nov.
Hoping to get approval soon.

bboyking

Nov 15, 2020
Congrats! That gives us some hope.

Could you share your NOC code and in which province will you be working in Canada?