+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Yeah, After I received approval on my application, another member in this group advised me to have the webform submitted for change in communication address, else the usual direction is to have the passport submitted in a VAC in USA. IRCC should be aware that there is change in location, so that region's vac can accept your passport for stamping. I agree with time lines posted by Manjunathsr14 for the whole sequence of events post application approval for cases where ICT application was initiated while applicant was in USA.
Hey @manjunathsr14 & @Midget - Any updates in your cases? I raised webform couple of weeks back but havent got any reply from IRCC yet.

In the meantime i sent email to VSF india for passport submission and they sent me steps and payment link, i paid for the courier services , and hope they pick up passports tommorow.

I am still wondering that this is right way to go ? will they stamp the passports while i have not heard back on my webform query? any suggestion. Thanks !

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Hey @manjunathsr14 & @Midget - Any updates in your cases? I raised webform couple of weeks back but havent got any reply from IRCC yet.

In the meantime i sent email to VSF india for passport submission and they sent me steps and payment link, i paid for the courier services , and hope they pick up passports tommorow.

I am still wondering that this is right way to go ? will they stamp the passports while i have not heard back on my webform query? any suggestion. Thanks !
I got a reply from IRCC after 2 weeks or so.. again IRCC always says there are lot of queries and there will be delays... Did VFS ask you attach the original passport request letter from IRCC? In my case I got a letter uploaded to my account and also received an email from IRCC Delhi to engage VFS for passport submission.

But IRCC Delhi has not sent any email in case of my spouses visitor permit, and are not giving any straight answers to my query on whether I should wait for their email or directly reach out to VFS using the Original Letter that was posted to our online CIC account.

nitrajan

Nov 13, 2020
Has any one shifted things from US to Canada ? Looking to get info on packers and movers.. especially from SFBay area

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I got a reply from IRCC after 2 weeks or so.. again IRCC always says there are lot of queries and there will be delays... Did VFS ask you attach the original passport request letter from IRCC? In my case I got a letter uploaded to my account and also received an email from IRCC Delhi to engage VFS for passport submission.

But IRCC Delhi has not sent any email in case of my spouses visitor permit, and are not giving any straight answers to my query on whether I should wait for their email or directly reach out to VFS using the Original Letter that was posted to our online CIC account.
So, i went to VFS site and since VAC have reopened, they had said on the site to send email to passportsubmission@vfshelpline.com in case you have received passport reequest letter.

I sent the email to them and they sent me 4-5 steps and as a first step they asked me to send the application details and passport request letter received fom IRCC

Second step was they will send the payment link for courier which i received yday and paid.

Third step: they acknowledged the payment and gave me AWB number for passports pickup for today. Lets see if they are picked up today.

Fourth step: passports are sent to IRCC may be Delhi for stamping. This is where i am not sure whether they will stamp passports even if the application was not filed in India. lets see. i hope location does'nt matter since i have seen poeple giving biometrics at different location from wher they actually filed their application. All that matters is in the system IRCC has approved an application.

Fifth step: Wait for passports to be delivered back.

Thanks !

canadaICT4Indian

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
So, i went to VFS site and since VAC have reopened, they had said on the site to send email to passportsubmission@vfshelpline.com in case you have received passport reequest letter.

I sent the email to them and they sent me 4-5 steps and as a first step they asked me to send the application details and passport request letter received fom IRCC

Second step was they will send the payment link for courier which i received yday and paid.

Third step: they acknowledged the payment and gave me AWB number for passports pickup for today. Lets see if they are picked up today.

Fourth step: passports are sent to IRCC may be Delhi for stamping. This is where i am not sure whether they will stamp passports even if the application was not filed in India. lets see. i hope location does'nt matter since i have seen poeple giving biometrics at different location from wher they actually filed their application. All that matters is in the system IRCC has approved an application.

Thanks !
1. What's the expected time for "Fourth Step" ? anyone got it recently from Delhi office ? I know it takes somewhere from 2-3 weeks.
2. If your application says "Approved", does that mean you are going to get visa or still a "Decision making" probability exists like paper applications ? Asking because after submission it took a day for them to prepare 'decision envelope' and then send it to IRCC office. I wonder "what's that decision envelope?"

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020

Thanks !
Which location your application was filed? After moving to India did you get your address changed? Also can you please share your timeline?

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
1. What's the expected time for "Fourth Step" ? anyone got it recently from Delhi office ? I know it takes somewhere from 2-3 weeks.
2. If your application says "Approved", does that mean you are going to get visa or still a "Decision making" probability exists like paper applications ? Asking because after submission it took a day for them to prepare 'decision envelope' and then send it to IRCC office. I wonder "what's that decision envelope?"
No idea on timelines for 4th Step. My passports were picked up a couple of hrs, back. I read in other forums, people are getting their passports back after 2-3 weeks. Thanks !

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Which location your application was filed? After moving to India did you get your address changed? Also can you please share your timeline?
My Application was filed on Jul 1 when i was in US,
Approved on 10th Nov.
Address change via web form on 11th Nov.
Passports picked up today Nov 25th.

Reactions: Midget and baa_at

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020

I got my passport request letter from IRCC and a courier instruction letter from Delhi VAC (as I got my Communication address changed from USA to India). I contacted VFS at their email id, got the payment link and paid the courier fee (if you guys want you can take SMS service to track your passport
), VFS team was pretty fast , they engaged Bluedart Courier to pick up my passport (I kept my passport, VFS consent forms, Passport request letter from IRCC and Two way courier form in the package I handed over to Blue dart person) and it got shipped to Delhi. I just received my passport stamped. My application was originally filed in USA (but it took a lot of time to get the passport request letter, though application was approved in June). Things are moving at steady pace , which is a positive thing. Yes, location of the application filed originally, does not matter. Hope, you will get your passport back in a week's time.

Last edited:
Reactions: basebadger

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020

In your account did you receive anything like your PPR, that "a decission has been taken" on your spouse's application? If not, which stage is that application in? Actually Delhi VAC is prioritising spousal applications (biometrics) of Citizens and PR holders, spousal open work permit and just visitor/dependent visa might see the movements in Jan. Also check with Basebadger, he mentioned that he sent his spouse/kids passports together in an envelope.

Last edited:

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I got my passport request letter from IRCC and a courier instruction letter from Delhi VAC (as I got my Communication address changed from USA to India). I contacted VFS at their email id, got the payment link and paid the courier fee (if you guys want you can take SMS service to track your passport
), VFS team was pretty fast , they engaged Bluedart Courier to pick up my passport (I kept my passport, VFS consent forms, Passport request letter from IRCC and Two way courier form in the package I handed over to Blue dart person) and it got shipped to Delhi. I just received my passport stamped. My application was originally filed in USA (but it took a lot of time to get the passport request letter, though application was approved in June). Things are moving at steady pace , which is a positive thing. Hope, you will get your passport back in a week's time.
Thats cool, My envelope was picked up yesterday and i checked blue dart website that it was delivered this morning to VFS.

I got an email from VFS an hr back that they received the envelope .

quick question- how long will it take to get the stamped passports back?

Reactions: Midget