+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

Madan236534

Jul 21, 2019
My ICT WP was filed by attorney on 28th Aug and Gave biometric on 30th Aug 2019 at VFS Bangalore.
Since then have had no update. I was informed that my ICT WP qualifies for 2-week processing. Since its been more than 2weeks my WP was filed
am a bit worried now. Is there something wrong with application or is this normal time for Bangalore Consulate to take? Any info/comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
Any update on ur case?

Oct 29, 2019
Hi All, I have filled my application on 23 September 2019 and completed the bio metrics on 7th Oct 2019 and have not received any response for passport request yet. Did any one face this much delay usually the processing time is 3 weeks from the US

sriluk249

Nov 2, 2019
Hi All, I have filled my application on 23 September 2019 and completed the bio metrics on 7th Oct 2019 and have not received any response for passport request yet. Did any one face this much delay usually the processing time is 3 weeks from the US
Any update yet on your case?

sriluk249

Nov 2, 2019
Can someone post their detailed timelines based on info from their online application in cic website? Thanks.

I have applied from vfs Hyderabad for ICT LMIA exempt category through my company on 14th October along with OWP for wife and TRV for kid. Awaiting status update. Presently application is at VAC Bangalore.

sriluk249

Nov 2, 2019
Can someone post their detailed timelines based on info from their online application in cic website? Thanks.

I have applied from vfs Hyderabad for ICT LMIA exempt category through my company on 14th October along with OWP for wife and TRV for kid. Awaiting status update. Presently application is at VAC Bangalore.
Received biometrics correspondence letter yesterday and approval today. It's been exactly a month since submission.

rsdhandapani

Dec 10, 2019
Hello, two months back I joined a new company where my client want me to work from Canada through ICT. I have overall 11 years of experience and had been to Canada before in ICT from my previous employer. Is it possible to apply for ICT from new employer because it is mentioned that one must work for one year. Please clarify me. Thanks in advance..

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Here’s my timeline for ICT under Global Skills Strategy which qualifies for 2 week’s processing ( Applied from USA ) , this includes my wife’s open work permit as well and looks like they processed very fast.

Attorneys filed on 20th Dec
Received BioMetrics letter on 24th Dec
Went for BioMetrics on 30th Dec ( as no other dates were available due to holiday season )
Received Passport Request Letter on 2nd Jan
Sent passport to New York on 3rd Jan
VAC received the passports on 6th Jan morning and dispatched to IRCC on 6th Jan evening and they also sent me a tracking number
IRCC received the passports on 7th Jan morning
IRCC processed the passports and sent back to NY VAC on 7th Jan evening
I am expecting to receive the passports by 9/10th Jan.
Attorneys are yet to send me the POE letter.

Last edited: