+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi,

I received approval with passport request today for my ICT work permit .

Why they asked my passport when I already have TRV?

Is there anyone in same situation .

Timeline:
Application: Sept 1
Approval: Feb 11
Office : Malaysia

Dododxb

Sep 19, 2020
Hi Experts,
do we need PCC for ICT GSS work permit application?
from my location currently its showing 13 weeks through normal processing. I completed biometrics on 13th Jan 2021. what could be expected timelines for ICT GSS?

Regards,
S.K
Hi bro can we get in touch need some guidance same boat

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
Sharing my timelines for [ICT WP + SOWP] Application applied Online:

-> Application submitted: July 2020 (Online)

-> Biometrics Request (BIL) : July 2020 (Received within few days after application submission)

-> Biometrics Submitted: Jan 2021 (In India)

-> Application Approved (both ICT WP + SOWP) & Received Passport Request PPR: Jan 2021 (In about 4~ days after biometrics submission)

-> Passport Pickup/Submission: Jan 2021

-> Received Passport Stamped: Feb 2021

Note: There was 5~ months wait/delay before I could submit biometrics because VFS India resumed collecting biometric for WP applications from Jan 20th 2021 onwards only (due to pandemic/lockdown). After the submission of biometric, Just within 10 days or so, my application work-flow processing was super quick..

All the best everyone seeking visa.. cheers!
Congratulations...

My company is planning for my Canada Work Permit in Software NOC and my Spouse is also working in Software NOC

I have couple of Questions for ICT WP + Open Work Permit for Dependent.
  1. Have you applied both ( ICT WP + Open Work Permit for Dependent) permit in Single Application/Account ?
  2. Also please share the list of documents for Open Work Permit for Dependent.

Thank You.

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Congratulations...

My company is planning for my Canada Work Permit in Software NOC and my Spouse is also working in Software NOC

I have couple of Questions for ICT WP + Open Work Permit for Dependent.
  1. Have you applied both ( ICT WP + Open Work Permit for Dependent) permit in Single Application/Account ?
  2. Also please share the list of documents for Open Work Permit for Dependent.

Thank You.

1. Yes, in a single application and I was main applicant.
2. My company immigration lawyer filed the application for us.

So if your company is filing the application for you, you don't need to worry about which all documents are required. Your immigration lawyer will collect all documents that are required from you in order to submit the application.

ritu24

Sep 29, 2020
I submitted the passport submission form today. Any idea when can I expect the payment link??
I filled the submission form on the 4th of Feb and received an email from them on the 8th of Feb for payment and pick up of passport on the 9th.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I filled the submission form on the 4th of Feb and received an email from them on the 8th of Feb for payment and pick up of passport on the 9th.
Hi Ritu - Can you please share your overall timelines and country of residence ?(Application) . It will be really helpful.

Nidz88

Jul 7, 2020
Sharing my timeline for ICT WP from the U.S.

Application submitted: Dec 24th
Biometrics request: Dec 25th
Biometrics submitted: Dec 30th
Passport request: Jan 19th

I mailed my passport to VFS Los Angeles this afternoon.

A few tips :
1. I gave my biometrics at a VAC (instead of a USCIS ASC) because there was an immediate slot available at that time. When I checked the ASC website, the earliest appointment available was almost 1.5 weeks ahead. So just by picking a VAC over an ASC, I saved ~7 days.

2. I got my shipping labels ahead of time. I was hoping I would get the approval this week, so I went ahead and ordered the shipping labels days before I got the passport request letter. Depending on your situation, you could save 1-2 days (by just being a little impatient ;))

Hey!
Is it possible to pay for two way shipping before you get passport request like you said? I am about to the passport request letter any day as well. Do they ask for any other information when you email them for shipping labels?

Thank you

jose16790

Feb 23, 2021
Did anyone recently travel to Toronto from USA on ICT WP? I am looking for some sample Isolation plan. If you guys can share if have any. Please also let me know if we need to keep individual isolation plan or one plan for family is enough?
Hi! Hope you're doing well. Did you receive your passport back on time to move from US to Canada? I'm on a similar situation.