+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing in Buenos Aires?

JeremieY

Aug 20, 2013
Hi All,

Is this trend still active at all?
I was really happy to find this forum, and would really appreciate some guidance. I sponsored my Argentinian wife to become a resident in November 2012, and on February 26, 2013 I was approved as a sponsor and the file was transferred to Buenos Aires.
We are really sick of the wait though, so I am just about to quit my job in Canada and move back down to BA to be with my wife, at least until she gets the papers.
And so my question is this: once she receives the residence, how long will we be given to enter Canada without losing the visa?
Or yet again, based on your experience, do you think we should keep holding tight in the hope that we may get some news in the next couple months or so?

Hope to hear back from someone!

Gracias

caitij

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
Doc's Request.
10/06/2014
AOR Received.
28/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/09/2013
Passport Req..
25/06/2014
My common law and I will be applying next month through B.A. so I dont have direct experience but based on their posted timelines for B.A. you are still under their mentioned 15 months processing time so I kind of feel if you were to come back here there could be a chance of them approving your case very shortly after, meaning you most likely only have 3 months to land back in Canada. The medical exams are only good for one year and after that they can extend them for up to 3 months while finishing up the process. I would hold tight a bit longer and if you havent heard from the immigration office after the 15 months then try and reach them for some answers. On the other hand, if you are missing your family too much then come here and wait out the process!

sammysosa

Apr 11, 2013
I sent our application to the Ontario office and my part of the application was excepted and they said my wifes part of the application would be sent to Buenos Aires, do they send a notification or email when the application arrives in Buenos Aires? or when they start working on it in BA? I am so new to this, any info will be apreciated

caitij

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
Doc's Request.
10/06/2014
AOR Received.
28/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/09/2013
Passport Req..
25/06/2014
I think they will send you an email (if thats how you chose to correspond) once they start processing your wifes part.

Can anybody tell me how they went about doing the medical exam here in B.A?
The two doctors that CIC approves of in B.A. are saying they don't know what system they should use for the process. They do not have the e-medical and can't process us without a file number. They are saying the opposite of what the CIC website says and now I dont know what the best option is??

Anyone already gone through this and can tell me what to do? Maybe the person we talked to was new but it seems weird that they were so uncertain of the process and the two doctors has very different pricing. One was 1500 pesos and the other one only 600 pesos.

Any information helps....

Thanks!!

claudiaj

Jan 18, 2013
I had my medical exams In February and yes, the fees are very high. I was never able to get an appointment with Kelly as he's almost retired so I had to go with the other.

At the time they did examine me without a case number but my application was all in paper.

Did you try contacting the Consulate and asking about that?

About starting reviewing the sponsored person case, in my case they haven't sent anything and the status is not being updated in the CIC website. We do know my husband (my sponsor) was approved because he was sent a letter (paper letter) but that was never updated in the website. My file is supposed to have arrived in Buenos Aires on early June.

I'm in Canada now and upon arrival the border agent informed me all the information they have in the computer is that my case was sent to Buenos Aires after approving my husband. He didn't have any other update, not even if the case had started the review process.

caitij

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
Doc's Request.
10/06/2014
AOR Received.
28/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/09/2013
Passport Req..
25/06/2014
If your medical was done all by paper then what did they give to you to send with your package as proof? just a receipt ? Or do u wait for the results to come back and send the results with the package?

claudiaj

Jan 18, 2013
I was asked for my passport!

So my timeline would be:
Application received in Mississauga: May 9, 2013
Husband approved as a sponsor: May 31, 2013
Files received in Buenos Aires: No idea
Consulate requests my passport and photos: October 22, 2013

My visa hasn't been issued yet as I'm not in Argentina right now but I was given 30 days to show up.

I'm almost finished!

GUILLE

Jul 12, 2012
hi does anyone know how much does the medical exams and the antecedentes penales cost for the city of Cordoba do I have to call for an appointment ? and how long it will take to get the antecedentes penales .
My fiancé and I are planning to get married this December and send the application package in January
any advice would be much appreciated.
thank you and good luck to all .

caitij

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
Doc's Request.
10/06/2014
AOR Received.
28/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/09/2013
Passport Req..
25/06/2014
Hi,

The medical exams were around 1000ARS here in Capital Federal, and I am sure they would be around the same for Cordoba, although it is probably better to just call and ask. There were two doctors to choose from here in the city and both of them gave us different prices so we went with the one that seemed more organized and gave us more information on the phone. The antecedentes penales took 10 days to receive but it took us a day just to get in to order them and then the day we picked them up we had to take them to the government building to have them certified which also took another day of waiting in line ups. I am not sure if Cordoba is as crazy as Capital Fed. but just be prepared to wait in line ups. Also, remember to call the doctor ahead of time to book the appointment.

Good luck!
:)

AnneUSA

Oct 27, 2016
Hi,

I have lived in argentina more than 6 months and therefore need "el certificado de antecedentes penales".

Does anyone know if it needs to be Apostillado o legalizado or if it good to go as is???

Thanks.