App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
william coates said:
Hi Bonnie19,
We recieved our visa Feb 28th. Went into the VO and picked it up.they had sent us a mail on the 25th stating that it was ready for pick up,,,Had to also send in a couple more PR photos as the two previous ones had the wrong color for the back ground,,,,,,. when was the last time you heard from them,,,,,,,when they want the PR fee?
hi william coates,

yes the last time I heard from them was the email they sent feb 4 to pay the fees. I paid the RPRF same day and had everything mailed to them feb 15. They gave me 30 days to send everything into their office, so I dont know if maybe they wait and check until those 30 days are over to see if everything has been sent in.

yes I have heard of people resending PR photos because theirs a shadow or the background isnt white enough, I hope I dont have to redo mine too.

Did they tell you anything about when you have to arrive in Canada by or not yet?

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
bonnie19 said:
hi william coates,

yes the last time I heard from them was the email they sent feb 4 to pay the fees. I paid the RPRF same day and had everything mailed to them feb 15. They gave me 30 days to send everything into their office, so I dont know if maybe they wait and check until those 30 days are over to see if everything has been sent in.

yes I have heard of people resending PR photos because theirs a shadow or the background isnt white enough, I hope I dont have to redo mine too.

Did they tell you anything about when you have to arrive in Canada by or not yet?
Yes the date to arrive by is stamped on the visa, Oct 5 2013. which is the expiriy date of my wife's medical. Yours is taking longer as you had to mail it in and pay the fee which we paid at the beginning when we initially sent our application in. You should hear something fairly quick I would imagine

caitij

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/10/2013
Doc's Request.
10/06/2014
AOR Received.
28/10/2013
Med's Done....
17/09/2013
Passport Req..
25/06/2014
Hi all!

1. My common law will only have received his Argentina DNI 6 months before we send our package away...do you think that will be an issue that we go through the B.A. V.O. or should we go through his birth country of Colombia?

2. I know this has already been talked about but I know they say to send in the sponsors residency information if they are currently living in another country besides Canada....if I am here and renewing my tourist visa every 3 months should i tell them or just leave the information out?

uruchi

Feb 8, 2013
hi all,

We sent everything and paid the fees 2 weeks ago, and we still haven't received any news. Does anyone know if we have to wait until the date they gave me to send everything in? which is April 6.

another thing is, when everything is done, do they give me the residence p card or just a visa to enter Canada?

thank you and best of luck to everyone :)

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
uruchi said:
hi all,

We sent everything and paid the fees 2 weeks ago, and we still haven't received any news. Does anyone know if we have to wait until the date they gave me to send everything in? which is April 6.

another thing is, when everything is done, do they give me the residence p card or just a visa to enter Canada?

thank you and best of luck to everyone :)
Hi Uruchi,
I assume they requested your passport and you paid the PR fee? Was april 6 the deadline for handing in your paperwork?
You will receive the pr visa which is affixed to your passport.
Once you land in Canada and present your copr forum which you will receive with your passport, they will confirm the mail address you have in Canada which should be on the forum. They will forward it to CIC and then your PR card will be issued and sent to the Canadian address which is was on the copr forum. If the address is incorrect when you receive the forum let the immigration officer know at the border crossing and they will put in the correct address.

uruchi

Feb 8, 2013
william coates said:
Hi Uruchi,
I assume they requested your passport and you paid the PR fee? Was april 6 the deadline for handing in your paperwork?
You will receive the pr visa which is affixed to your passport.
Once you land in Canada and present your copr forum which you will receive with your passport, they will confirm the mail address you have in Canada which should be on the forum. They will forward it to CIC and then your PR card will be issued and sent to the Canadian address which is was on the copr forum. If the address is incorrect when you receive the forum let the immigration officer know at the border crossing and they will put in the correct address.
Hi william coates; and thank you for taking the time to answer

No they haven't ask for my husband passport yet, they just asked for police records from Uruguay+ pay fees and redo medicals. Yes April 6 is the deadline for handing in the paperwork but we send everything like 3 weeks ago. we still haven't received anything from them.

hugs and best of luck

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Hey I dont know if this helps but the BA office asked my usband to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, 2 new immigration photos and deportation removal fee on feb 4. We paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee same day online and mailed everything to them on February 15.

It is already March 25 and still no word from them.

They only gave us 30 days to send in everything which would have been around March 6.

I hope you hear something soon! Me and my Husband are still waiting. Someone told us it takes around 60 days average when you send in fees to hear something back again.

Hope that helps!

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
oh and just to add we sent another package to the embassy with more proof and pictures because i was in Argentina for over 2 months. It wasnt necessary but we're just hoping it speeds things up! We sent it on Monday the 18th :D

uruchi

Feb 8, 2013
bonnie19 said:
oh and just to add we sent another package to the embassy with more proof and pictures because i was in Argentina for over 2 months. It wasnt necessary but we're just hoping it speeds things up! We sent it on Monday the 18th :D
Hi bonnie: I received your personal message, i don't know why but i am not allowed to answer you. I hope you check this, so you can see i wrote you back.

I haven't received any news directly from the embassy but on ecas they added a new lines saying : Medicals results have been received. (2 weeks ago) and still no news, I am waiting for the next step which is passport request but from what i see in others forums it can take from weeks to months.

If i have anything i will write you. what about you? have you heard anything?

hugs and best of luck :)

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
thanks for the reply!

no i haven't heard anything yet! this week will make it 60 days since they received the additional documents! I will keep you posted if we hear anything. Best of luck to you!

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
i just want to update that we got PASSPORT REQUEST! The embassy emailed us today asking for the passport that it will be issued in 7 days and that he has to land before June 5, 2013 because thats when his medicals expire! Today was exactly 60 days since they recieved our additional fees and documents.

they never asked for the ARC like we thought they would which is great! Good luck to everyone else! :D

uruchi

Feb 8, 2013
Congratulations!! I am really happy for you!

we got an email, asking for more documents and it really sucks. Just wondering the passport you have to mail it? or do you have to go and handle it yourself?

because we are really far from buenos aires.

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Thank you!

we mailed it with UPS it gets there the next morning because we are all the way in Mendoza so its far for us too!

I know u can mail it it just takes maybe 3 - 7 weeks for them to give it back normally. If you drop it off its ready in maybe a week.
Our case is special because my husband has to be in before June 5 in Canada. So they will need to do it in 7 business days.

I know dropping it off/picking up is safer but mailing it is good too just takes more time. And you need to arrange with the UPS to deliver it back to you.

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
July 7, 2011 stating application received in VO June 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
04-04-2011 Redone Sept. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
Hoping to be As Soon as Possible :)
Sorry i have completely dissappeared and don't know the majority of you guys.... I basically lost hope and tried to seperate myself from the constant reminder of this is never going to happen...

After just a couple weeks short of my almost 2 YEAR journey waiting for this process, I have finally gotten a passport request!!!
YYYEEESSSSS... I laughed i cried, I really didnt know how to react... hahha

So now comes the question.... I dont get it, can someone clear this up for me.
My husband had his pics taken, of course what seems simple somehow got complicated.. they asked if we wanted the stamp on the back like is needed for passport pictures.. ummmm... i have no idea.
So we got some with and some without, I email the emabassy to ask and they say no stamp, but one pic needs to have the data on the back... WHAT DATA????? (It doesnt ask this in the instructions???)

And also, the whole shipping thing has me lost...
I need to have an international account number... huh???
Am i basically just paying for the return envelope ahead of time through UPS, is there something specific that must be said to them so that i get the right thing?
Do i prefill in the sender and receiver information or leave that blank for them?
Can i fold the envelope inside the first envelope???
It says LARGE (Pak Large) Envelope, how big is big, how much stuff are they sending back to me, so I can judge how big to get it??

Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks anyone who responds quickly, I want to get this out today....
Thanks

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
July 7, 2011 stating application received in VO June 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
04-04-2011 Redone Sept. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
Hoping to be As Soon as Possible :)
Ohh yes... I am mailing it from USA to Argentina (obviously.. hahaha)
for anyone who can help