File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I have never applied for a Canadian visa before and my parents have never travelled to Canada before. My father is even deceased. I never got the chance to meet my dad when I was younger so we never got along that well before he passed. And I've asked my mom but she's seems not to remember anything like that when I was younger.
My worry is that how can the visa officer raise such concerns when they don't even have my signature or even my photographs as proof. Like I'm very confused but I'm waiting to hear from them to give me more clarity then I can know where the problem is.
I'm confused.

In a previous post you said the following: 'I remember I was a dependent on my half sister's application over 15 years ago. My sister was approved but I was not because they claimed my DNA did not match my dad.'

So if that's true - then you did apply to immigrate to Canada previously and that's why CIC is asking you about it now.

Reactions: msb

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
I'm confused.

In a previous post you said the following: 'I remember I was a dependent on my half sister's application over 15 years ago. My sister was approved but I was not because they claimed my DNA did not match my dad.'

So if that's true - then you did apply to immigrate to Canada previously and that's why CIC is asking you about it now.
Correct. I have confirmed that my name was not on that application. That's the more reason why I'm very confused about this whole thing and need help on it. I made my mom contact my ex dad and he claims I was not a dependent as I thought. He said he had actually listed me as a son but had not applied for me or my gal sister at that time. This is very confusing

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
I'm confused.

If they give clarification or what their concerns are, then I will get an immigration lawyer to help me with it.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Correct. I have confirmed that my name was not on that application. That's the more reason why I'm very confused about this whole thing and need help on it. I made my mom contact my ex dad and he claims I was not a dependent as I thought. He said he had actually listed me as a son but had not applied for me or my gal sister at that time. This is very confusing
If you were not listed, how come you had a DNA done and how did you get to find out your mum’s husband wasn’t your father. There is something fishy kwamtin which I feel you are not saying out. The better you do, it’s for your application.

Reactions: Will_PA

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
If you were not listed, how come you had a DNA done and how did you get to find out your mum’s husband wasn’t your father. There is something fishy kwamtin which I feel you are not saying out. The better you do, it’s for your application.
All these were my own assumptions while I was a child because I had been introduced to my biological dad. All I can remember was that they took us to hospital to do blood work and that was all. So it was after all these that my mom broke that news to me. I had that assumption but there was no proof to that like any paper work and that's why I can't just accept it and complicate my application with information I don't have knowledge about. My ex dad has also confirmed to me that he never applied for me so it's confusing. That's why I need the visa officer to give me clarity. At least that way I will know what application they're referring to.
If I had proof to this application I was assuming, why would I even make that mistake by not ticking yes and add reasons and proof? But because I had this at the back of my mind, I hurriedly jumped into my conclusion when I had that email and now after several consultations I've realized it's not what I thought it was.
Remember disclosing information to officers which you're not sure of and have no evidence could even make things more complicated. Thank you!

myerrandsng

Feb 28, 2018
I also received a procedural fairness letter with concern that they are not satisfied that my marriage is genuine or one of long lasting and given 30 days to respond. my wife is Canadian/Nigerian and i am Nigerian too. we had our marriage registry earlier in 2017 and applied 3 months later with plans to have our traditional marriage and ceremony in December.

We have done our traditional marriage that was well attended by our friends and families home and abroad and she is currently pregnant. We have responded with update on our relationship and inform them that we had our traditional marriage in December and that she is pregnant. we provided pictures of the pre-wedding, traditional marriage , support letter and ultra sound as well as doctors note and my wife did an affidavit stating the obvious that we are married and genuine .

Please i am worried , what do you think about this ? any fair chance?

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
I also received a procedural fairness letter with concern that they are not satisfied that my marriage is genuine or one of long lasting and given 30 days to respond. my wife is Canadian/Nigerian and i am Nigerian too. we had our marriage registry earlier in 2017 and applied 3 months later with plans to have our traditional marriage and ceremony in December.

We have done our traditional marriage that was well attended by our friends and families home and abroad and she is currently pregnant. We have responded with update on our relationship and inform them that we had our traditional marriage in December and that she is pregnant. we provided pictures of the pre-wedding, traditional marriage , support letter and ultra sound as well as doctors note and my wife did an affidavit stating the obvious that we are married and genuine .

Please i am worried , what do you think about this ? any fair chance?
The traditional ceremony happened before they asked for additional proof , right? How long is your relationship? Had you provided other proof of communication, trips, phone calls etc along with the application? As long as all other evidence is strong and the only missing thing was the traditional ceremony, it should not be too difficult.
Send them all the wedding details, photographs, invitations, receipts and guest list, gift registry asap. And if you have missed sending any other proof earlier, this is your chance.

myerrandsng

Feb 28, 2018
The traditional ceremony happened before they asked for additional proof , right? How long is your relationship? Had you provided other proof of communication, trips, phone calls etc along with the application? As long as all other evidence is strong and the only missing thing was the traditional ceremony, it should not be too difficult.
Send them all the wedding details, photographs, invitations, receipts and guest list, gift registry asap. And if you have missed sending any other proof earlier, this is your chance.

we did registry in march and submitted in June 2017 , we had our traditional ceremony in dec 2017 and we got the procedural fairness and request for additional information by the end of febuary . we met in 2009 and stayed in touch but got serious in 2016. i have sent wedding invitation card, photographs and honeymoon hotel receipt , some souveirs from my wife family and from my family.. her bridal shower she had in nov in canada , our pre-wedding pics, dowry payment pictures and the traditional ceremony , receipt of hall hired and those of the photographer and event decor ..

myerrandsng

Feb 28, 2018
we did registry in march and submitted in June 2017 , we had our traditional ceremony in dec 2017 and we got the procedural fairness and request for additional information by the end of febuary . we met in 2009 and stayed in touch but got serious in 2016. i have sent wedding invitation card, photographs and honeymoon hotel receipt , some souveirs from my wife family and from my family.. her bridal shower she had in nov in canada , our pre-wedding pics, dowry payment pictures and the traditional ceremony , receipt of hall hired and those of the photographer and event decor ..
also i had ultra sound that she is pregnant for me and doctors note . i am hoping i did right and should be okay.. ?

bbstar88

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
thanks for letting me know about this. i just realized i made a mistake on schedule a same problem as you. I am going to send a case specific inquiry to web form.

khan2019

Jun 16, 2018
I really hope to god that this goes on well ! It was honestly a simple mistake I mean why would I even hide the fact she was refused a visa somewhere else?? I have to benefit from this !
I just talked to the local MP and they are examining the letter I put together as a reply
wish me luck guys
can u please share some more information about ur case? were u denied viit visa or ur wife as in your post they have clearly mentioned you. and also which country visa was denied to u or ur wife? plz there r many who face the same situation so ur help will be appreciated.

bbstar88

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
thanks for letting me know about this. i just realized i made a mistake on schedule a same problem as you. I am going to send a case specific inquiry to web form.
update: my wife got her confirmation of permanent residence and will fly to canada in 2 weeks.

i also made a mistake with question 4 d. have you been refused from a country before. except i saw this post and i fixed my mistake. i sent a case specific enquiry and fixed my mistake. so i guess i was lucky. my wife just got her passport back today.

Last edited:

khan2019

Jun 16, 2018
update: my wife got her confirmation of permanent residence and will fly to canada in 2 weeks.

i also made a mistake with question 4 d. have you been refused from a country before. except i saw this post and i fixed my mistake. i sent a case specific enquiry and fixed my mistake. so i guess i was lucky. my wife just got her passport back today.
is ur wife principal applicant? had she made same mistake as u did? i m facing same situattion please guide me what should i do ? which country visa was refused to u or ur wife and how long ago?

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hi guys I thought about keeping you updated.

I sent a letter through email to the VO the same day I received the FDL letter explaining that this was done by mistake and that I have intention of jeopardizing my PR application and it was a case of simple and clear mistake. I wrote a very organized and well articulated letter with apologies and detailed explanation of the situation

And guess what! I received the pre-arrival email today ! not even 24 hours after sending my letter ! I thank god for that and I hope you all receive your DMs soon enough !

I wanted however to shout out for the people who blindly told me that this is a refused case and that a 5 year ban will apply that please don't play smart ass and say things that you have no control over no matter how posts you have posted.

The people that work at these visa offices are humans and they have minds to think and hearts to feel about every case by itself. If they sent a letter asking for something then they are asking for something to be CLARIFIED and they WANT TO HEAR YOU! Keep your hopes up people and dont let the negative posts affect your motivation, as long as you are truthful and clear, you are safe!

By the way... what happens after the pre-arrival email ? :p

Reactions: Laurahd

TrangVu

Jan 18, 2019
Hey, can I ask what did you send to support your case? I’m international and don’t know how to start for the explanation letter. If it’s ok, can I take a look at yours? Thanky you