11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017

Hey Guys I received this email today

This refers to your application for permanent residence. Having reviewed your file and taken into
consideration you written declarations I have concerns that you may not meet the requirements
of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes
an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the
examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer
reasonably requires.

On the schedule A, you responded “No” to the question 4(d); whether you have ever been
refused a visa by any country. However, we have information that you were refused a temporary
visa by the XXX on XXXX/XX/XX. I have concerns that you are not truthful in your answers in your
application.

Before rending a decision, I am providing you with an opportunity to respond to my concern. I
am giving you sixty (60) days to respond. If you do not respond to my concern within this
timeframe I will assess your application based on the information before me and your case may
be refused.

Also, please provide at the same time the original police certificate that you obtained from
Lebanon; an electronic copy is not sufficient. Please be sure to include your file number in all
correspondence.

International Migration Office

I honestly forgot that my wife had been refused that visa that's the only reason I pressed NO !

What do you think I should do? How can my reply be in email or in a printed letter? What should I include as details?

Also, does this mean that security check is complete?
I disagree that they will refuse , they are giving you a chance to come clean ,like said I forgot, I will just write a cover letter explaining that I accidentally ticked no and that I wasn't aware I answered no until I received the letter from the visa office saying that I did so ,I will also include the original police certificate they are asking for aswell ,mail those things to your respective visa office and pray and believe your wife will join you soon .goodluck

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017

This refers to your application for permanent residence. Having reviewed your file and taken into
consideration you written declarations I have concerns that you may not meet the requirements

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes
an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the
examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer
reasonably requires.

On the schedule A, you responded “No” to the question 4(d); whether you have ever been
refused a visa by any country. However, we have information that you were refused a temporary
visa by the XXX on XXXX/XX/XX. I have concerns that you are not truthful in your answers in your
application.

Before rending a decision, I am providing you with an opportunity to respond to my concern. I
am giving you sixty (60) days to respond. If you do not respond to my concern within this
timeframe I will assess your application based on the information before me and your case may
be refused.

Also, please provide at the same time the original police certificate that you obtained from
Lebanon; an electronic copy is not sufficient. Please be sure to include your file number in all
correspondence.

I honestly forgot that my wife had been refused that visa that's the only reason I pressed NO !

What do you think I should do? How can my reply be in email or in a printed letter? What should I include as details?

at what stage did you get this letter? were you at Background check or AOR2 or even before that?

Lonelywyf

Oct 15, 2017

reasonably requires.

application.

be refused.

correspondence.

You need to Write an affidavit and clearly explain to them that it was an error. The response has to come the applicant as the sponsor is not allowed to even fill out her forms. We had the fairness letter back in February and after we give them what they wanted, our application is still in process. Don't worry they will not refuse you insha Allah

as163

Dec 11, 2017
Hi guys I thought about keeping you updated.

I sent a letter through email to the VO the same day I received the FDL letter explaining that this was done by mistake and that I have intention of jeopardizing my PR application and it was a case of simple and clear mistake. I wrote a very organized and well articulated letter with apologies and detailed explanation of the situation

And guess what! I received the pre-arrival email today ! not even 24 hours after sending my letter ! I thank god for that and I hope you all receive your DMs soon enough !

I wanted however to shout out for the people who blindly told me that this is a refused case and that a 5 year ban will apply that please don't play smart ass and say things that you have no control over no matter how posts you have posted.

The people that work at these visa offices are humans and they have minds to think and hearts to feel about every case by itself. If they sent a letter asking for something then they are asking for something to be CLARIFIED and they WANT TO HEAR YOU! Keep your hopes up people and dont let the negative posts affect your motivation, as long as you are truthful and clear, you are safe!

By the way... what happens after the pre-arrival email ? :p

faithey

Jan 12, 2012

I sent a letter through email to the VO the same day I received the FDL letter explaining that this was done by mistake and that I have intention of jeopardizing my PR application and it was a case of simple and clear mistake. I wrote a very organized and well articulated letter with apologies and detailed explanation of the situation

And guess what! I received the pre-arrival email today ! not even 24 hours after sending my letter ! I thank god for that and I hope you all receive your DMs soon enough !

I wanted however to shout out for the people who blindly told me that this is a refused case and that a 5 year ban will apply that please don't play smart ass and say things that you have no control over no matter how posts you have posted.

The people that work at these visa offices are humans and they have minds to think and hearts to feel about every case by itself. If they sent a letter asking for something then they are asking for something to be CLARIFIED and they WANT TO HEAR YOU! Keep your hopes up people and dont let the negative posts affect your motivation, as long as you are truthful and clear, you are safe!

Happy for you!! You and your wife will be together soon. It must have felt so stressful!

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017

Congrats!

And to answer your question.. I don’t know! Haha! We never received that email; just straight to PPR for us! ;)

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
***snip
***snip
The few people that responded to you stating that they are prepared to deny your case were correct. They were prepared to deny your case, hence the letter. These same people also told you to send a letter explaining the situation and if accepted you would be OK but if the officer decided to not accept you should expect a denial.

For you to assume that this is the case for all of those who have omitted information from their application, whether mistakenly or intentionally would also be a 'smart ass' thing because each officer chooses how to proceed with an application based on the information at hand. There are far more people on this forum who have been denied and issued a ban for this very reason then there are who were lucky, such as yourself.

Using the 'neener neener' attitude to point out that you were able to get beyond this looks as bad as you say those others were. Instead maybe you should just note that you were able to overcome this very serious situation, how you were able to overcome it and then stress to those who have the same type of issue that if they too find themselves here that there is hope.

gail76

Dec 16, 2017
I also received a procedural fairness letter that concerns consent for 1 of my dependents. The consent for my dependents was given from 2015 November. We waited that long. We finished the medical 2015. Then 2016 i was asked to send again a new consent from their father but he refused to give. Then again 2017 i was asked again and he refused to give. We just finished our medical examination last December and now, i received this procedural fairness letter....what does it mean? What shld i do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I also received a procedural fairness letter that concerns consent for 1 of my dependents. The consent for my dependents was given from 2015 November. We waited that long. We finished the medical 2015. Then 2016 i was asked to send again a new consent from their father but he refused to give. Then again 2017 i was asked again and he refused to give. We just finished our medical examination last December and now, i received this procedural fairness letter....what does it mean? What shld i do?
Are you able to go to court in your home country to get full custody of your child? That is basically your only option unless you can get your ex-husband to sign the document allowing you to take your child to Canada.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Man I have nothing to LIE about ! Why would I even do that ?
A lot of people lie in order to not have to answer uncomfortable questions (such as why was your wife denied a visa?).

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hello!
I really need help on a situation bothering my mind on my application.
I received a procedural fairness letter from my visa office and was asking for additional proof of my marriage which I have submitted already. But there was also another paragraph of the letter which stated below:
"And further, I am not convinced that you answered truthfully question 4 d) on the IMM5669 Schedule A when you answered ‘no’ to ever having been refused an immigrant visa to Canada before."

My worry is that I don't even remember ever applying for any visa at the Canadian embassy, moreover my passport is even a new biometric passport which I acquired just some few months before even submitting my application. I already responded to their concerns that I don't ever recollect applying for a visa or even being denied so if they can specify their reasoning as to why they feel that I answered untruthful to that question.

I hope my fellow friends here can help me with what to expect from the visa office. Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!
I received a procedural fairness letter from my visa office and was asking for additional proof of my marriage which I have submitted already. But there was also another paragraph of the letter which stated below:
"And further, I am not convinced that you answered truthfully question 4 d) on the IMM5669 Schedule A when you answered ‘no’ to ever having been refused an immigrant visa to Canada before."

My worry is that I don't even remember ever applying for any visa at the Canadian embassy, moreover my passport is even a new biometric passport which I acquired just some few months before even submitting my application. I already responded to their concerns that I don't ever recollect applying for a visa or even being denied so if they can specify their reasoning as to why they feel that I answered untruthful to that question.

I hope my fellow friends here can help me with what to expect from the visa office. Thanks!
Your current passport has nothing to do with it. They are asking if you have ever been refused a visa to Canada before - not just on this passport. Are you sure you have never applied before to come to Canada? Is it possible you were included in an immigration application filed by your parents when you were younger?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello!

I don't think anybody can help you here. The truth is right there, either you ever applied and was denied or you never applied.
I am not saying you lied, shit does happen, it could be that one of the applicant has the same name, birthday, living in the same city as yours, and such that applied that VISA and was denied. What a odd it could be huh?

Or maybe you didn't disclose that you were denied a VISA from other country, such as US? Clearly the person who typed this letter has been lazy, the complete sentence of that question includes the following " or any other countries"

Anyway, the record won't lie. Canada shares the immigration records with US, UK, Australia and New Zealand. And IRCC keeps all refusal case data indefinitely and same for those other countries.

My friend, only the truth can tell.

Reactions: Will_PA

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Your current passport has nothing to do with it. They are asking if you have ever been refused a visa to Canada before - not just on this passport. Are you sure you have never applied before to come to Canada? Is it possible you were included in an immigration application filed by your parents when you were younger?
Yes I have never applied for a Canadian visa before and my parents have never travelled to Canada before. My father is even deceased. I never got the chance to meet my dad when I was younger so we never got along that well before he passed. And I've asked my mom but she's seems not to remember anything like that when I was younger.
My worry is that how can the visa officer raise such concerns when they don't even have my signature or even my photographs as proof. Like I'm very confused but I'm waiting to hear from them to give me more clarity then I can know where the problem is.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
I don't think anybody can help you here. The truth is right there, either you ever applied and was denied or you never applied.
I am not saying you lied, shit does happen, it could be that one of the applicant has the same name, birthday, living in the same city as yours, and such that applied that VISA and was denied. What a odd it could be huh?

Or maybe you didn't disclose that you were denied a VISA from other country, such as US? Clearly the person who typed this letter has been lazy, the complete sentence of that question includes the following " or any other countries"

Anyway, the record won't lie. Canada shares the immigration records with US, UK, Australia and New Zealand. And IRCC keeps all refusal case data indefinitely and same for those other countries.

My friend, only the truth can tell.
If you could read from the paragraph, they were specific about only Canada and not any others country. Why would I even lie about that knowing very well that I have been refused a visa before. And like I told you, my passport is a virgin passport which I got just few month before sending my application. It's a biometric passport and it's the first time of having my fingerprints on.
Maybe my birthdate coincides with another person or even my name so maybe they feel it's me. Whtever it is, they will surely respond back with more clarity as to why they feel I did not answer truthful.