15-09-2017
Passport Req..
20-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2018
Reactions: onthebrink

blackuhuru

Jul 4, 2017
hey yall just letting u know our whole process is done, passport was sent to embassy and now sent back and will be landing soon... didnt know how to update all this in the spreadsheet (its been very funny).... but thanks to all who responded to me early in the process and my messages and shared insight... best of luck to u all. peace.

quick question though - is the permanent resident card going to be mailed to our address is canada after she lands? when can we be expecting it and who would I reach out too if there is a problem receiving it?

aamir90

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
hey yall just letting u know our whole process is done, passport was sent to embassy and now sent back and will be landing soon... didnt know how to update all this in the spreadsheet (its been very funny).... but thanks to all who responded to me early in the process and my messages and shared insight... best of luck to u all. peace.

quick question though - is the permanent resident card going to be mailed to our address is canada after she lands? when can we be expecting it and who would I reach out too if there is a problem receiving it?
Very happy to see this. Congratulations to you and your spouse! Wishing you both all the best in Canada...
Do you mind sharing updates from medical to DM/PPR? My spouse got her meds done and passed, but no updates after that..
In regards to your question, PR should be mailed within 90 days after landing to the address indicated on COPR. you can verify with immigration officer once arrived in Canada.

as163

Dec 11, 2017
Hey Guys I received this email today

This refers to your application for permanent residence. Having reviewed your file and taken into
consideration you written declarations I have concerns that you may not meet the requirements
of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes
an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the
examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer
reasonably requires.

On the schedule A, you responded “No” to the question 4(d); whether you have ever been
refused a visa by any country. However, we have information that you were refused a temporary
visa by the XXX on XXXX/XX/XX. I have concerns that you are not truthful in your answers in your
application.

Before rending a decision, I am providing you with an opportunity to respond to my concern. I
am giving you sixty (60) days to respond. If you do not respond to my concern within this
timeframe I will assess your application based on the information before me and your case may
be refused.

Also, please provide at the same time the original police certificate that you obtained from
Lebanon; an electronic copy is not sufficient. Please be sure to include your file number in all
correspondence.

International Migration Office

I honestly forgot that my wife had been refused that visa that's the only reason I pressed NO !

What do you think I should do? How can my reply be in email or in a printed letter? What should I include as details?

Also, does this mean that security check is complete?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

This refers to your application for permanent residence. Having reviewed your file and taken into
consideration you written declarations I have concerns that you may not meet the requirements

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes
an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the
examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer
reasonably requires.

On the schedule A, you responded “No” to the question 4(d); whether you have ever been
refused a visa by any country. However, we have information that you were refused a temporary
visa by the XXX on XXXX/XX/XX. I have concerns that you are not truthful in your answers in your
application.

Before rending a decision, I am providing you with an opportunity to respond to my concern. I
am giving you sixty (60) days to respond. If you do not respond to my concern within this
timeframe I will assess your application based on the information before me and your case may
be refused.

Also, please provide at the same time the original police certificate that you obtained from
Lebanon; an electronic copy is not sufficient. Please be sure to include your file number in all
correspondence.

What do you think I should do? How can my reply be in email or in a printed letter? What should I include as details?

Is it true that you were refused and you did not disclose that information?

pakcad

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
I couldn't find you in the June spreadsheet. Do you know when was your application recieved at CPC Missisauga and when it was forwarded to LVO

reasonably requires.

application.

be refused.

correspondence.

I honestly forgot that my wife had been refused that visa that's the only reason I pressed NO !

pakcad

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi my name is AS16 in the spreadsheet and all my info are posted there
Thanks

In regards to your PFL, I understand that it is a complicated situation for you at the moment, please do not panic and your wife can use the following points in her response (correspondence):

1) Apologize in a way that you over-looked this question.
2) She had no intend to not provide this information.
3) THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME SHE WAS FILLING OUT SUCH DOCUMENTS.
4) Attach the refusal letter that your wife previously received.

Don't worry. The worst senerio will be that she may be called in for an interview.

I would also suggest involving your local MP in case the VO is really stubborn and cause further problems in her application.

The key is to stay clam, positive, and TRUTHFUL!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks

In regards to your PFL, I understand that it is a complicated situation for you at the moment, please do not panic and your wife can use the following points in her response (correspondence):

Don't worry. The worst senerio will be that she may be called in for an interview.

I would also suggest involving your local MP in case the VO is really stubborn and cause further problems in her application.

Hi...you should research this a bit more before replying.

The worst thing is absolutely not an interview. This is a very serious case of misrepresentation (which is fraud) and the application is at serious risk of not only refusal but a ban from Canada. There is a separate thread addressing this.

While it may have been an honest mistake, it's a big problem, so please do not state otherwise if you're unsure.

See the thread here that I suggested be opened on its own: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/procedural-fairness-letter.532858/

The focus in this type of situation will be presenting a case where a ban will not be applied. An interview would be absolute best case. CIC takes misrepresentation extremely seriously.

as163

Dec 11, 2017
Thanks

Thank you I will include your advice in my letter. But I gotta tell you I am nothing close to not panicking ! :(