+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem in getting SIN ........

ankit0912

Nov 1, 2018
Hey can you call me .. I'm so confused yaar with this stuff. Actually I'm gng to Toronto to the Canada border services agency regarding this.. can you call me ??
Hi Saran,

Did you visit CBSA in Toronto to get your landing corrected? Which CBSA office did you go and was it helpful for you?

Regards,
Ankit

Feb 11, 2020
hlo i have the problem letter with getting my sin number because there a re no condition who can show that am eligible for work what can i do now am suffering this problem from eight months

Arsh122100

Aug 18, 2021
Hi, I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago. Went to Service Canada, they told me my profile was "flagged" but couldn't tell me why. I went back home and called CIC, they told me my profile hadn't updated yet. I went back to Service Canada the next week, same problem. This time I had somebody helpful on the line, telling me something went wrong during my landing (computer or CBSA officer error, not clear which one) and I had to go back to port of entry. After another phone call to CBSA, turned out I could just go to a CBSA office, where they then properly "landed" me. Went from that office straight to Service Canada and obtained my SIN.

Do not wait until your PR Card arrives because something might have gone wrong during your landing too. Keep calling CIC until you get somebody helpful on the phone who can tell you exactly what the problem is. Otherwise you will have waited for months for nothing.
Hey have same problem. Can you please help me to come out from this.

Arsh122100

Aug 18, 2021
Did you have to do anything from your side or did the statusget updated automatically?
How long it took
Yes you need to go to the airport CBSA and just ask them I didn't get sin because their was some mistake that has been made during the time of immigration . And they will ask you to go to immigration office. Here they will correct what's happen wrong .

Reactions: EnthuChap

noblejn

Jun 15, 2017
Yes you need to go to the airport CBSA and just ask them I didn't get sin because their was some mistake that has been made during the time of immigration . And they will ask you to go to immigration office. Here they will correct what's happen wrong .
Which airport did you go to

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Hello!
I'm facing a similar situation, after landing in Canada I went to Service Canada, they couldn't generate my SIN number and asked me to wait for a week and try again. I went after a week and was asked to do a paper application this was on 19th of March 2019. It's 14th of May today I'm still waiting to get my SIN number.
Visited Service Canada Last week, they could not do much, however they gave me am acknowledgement letter, not sure if my employer will accept the same.
Service Canada doesn't know how long it'll take for me to receive my SIN number, they've marked my case as URGENT, I'm hoping for the best.
I have exactly the same issue. I applied for SIN at Service Canada office and its been a month. They referred my file to Immigration and IRCC is only answering Afghanistan related calls. I am clueless here!

Arsh122100

Aug 18, 2021
I have exactly the same issue. I applied for SIN at Service Canada office and its been a month. They referred my file to Immigration and IRCC is only answering Afghanistan related calls. I am clueless here!
Why did they ask you to wait for week. Just ask them the reason. If they told you due to record flagged or some another thing please let me know I'll help you to find solution.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Hi @Arsh122100 ....I didn't receive SIN either and I had done my immigration at Montreal and I live in GTA. Can I go to CBSA at Toronto or I have to go to Montreal airport? Please help if you know.

Arsh122100

Aug 18, 2021
Why did they ask you to wait for week. Just ask them the reason. If they told you due to record flagged or some another thing please let me know I'll help you to find solution.
Which airport did you go to
.You need to go to the airport where you landed and
Hi @Arsh122100 ....I didn't receive SIN either and I had done my immigration at Montreal and I live in GTA. Can I go to CBSA at Toronto or I have to go to Montreal airport? Please help if you know.
You need to go to that airport where you landed when you arrived in Canada. Then you have to go to CBSA for you case, after explaining the things they sent you to Immigration where your problem will be solved.

With regards
Arsh

• Love

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Hi @Arsh122100 I appreciate you responding to me. The Service Canada (SC) officer told me that:

"she entered my details and she couldn't find me in her system and that could probably be because immigration didn't enter my details in their system. So, they have referred my case to immigration for further information."

This was the reason given and when I called SC on Thursday last week, they mentioned that they are still waiting to hear back from immigration.

When I told them that I have a job offer, then they moved it to 'Urgent' status.

Arsh122100

Aug 18, 2021
It will be better to visit the airport where you landed. This will help you to solve your problem at CBSA office. Please take your photo id and study permit with yourself.

Arsh122100

Aug 18, 2021
Hi @Arsh122100 I appreciate you responding to me. The Service Canada (SC) officer told me that:

"she entered my details and she couldn't find me in her system and that could probably be because immigration didn't enter my details in their system. So, they have referred my case to immigration for further information."

This was the reason given and when I called SC on Thursday last week, they mentioned that they are still waiting to hear back from immigration.

When I told them that I have a job offer, then they moved it to 'Urgent' status.
Hey it will be fine if they process your application but it will take a long time. If you need it urgently then just visit the airport where you landed. Go to CBSA office there . Explain the problem you have also tell them that service canada sent you to their office. Then they will send you to Immigration department where you get solution to your problem.
I hope it will help you alot.

With regards

Arsh

• Love