+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem in getting SIN ........

Arsh122100

Aug 18, 2021
Hi, I'm too facing the same issue with my sin number. It's been 30 days since i applied for my sin number, still I dint get mine. Can you please tell how many days it took for you to get your sin number and can you give any idea to solve this number??
Why you are not going to service canada directly to get your SIN number. They will give it you on the spot . I suggest you to go your nearest service canada office.
With regards
Arsh

Saijyothsna95

Mar 17, 2022
Same thing happened with my spouse. We called ircc and informed them about this missing information at service canada. They forwarded this query to CBSA. We got a request from CBSA to send them the Copr copy and copy of passport stamped pages through email. They corrected this from their end in a couple of days and we got an email confirmation that information is corrected. We never went to CBSA in person. Inform IRCC about this SIN issue and they will start the process to correct it through CBSA.

once IRCC and CBSA corrects the information you can go to service canada and apply for SIN
Hi ,

Thanks for responding . Can you please give me contact of IRCC. I tried to reach them couple of times and no one is answering my calls. Just wanted to make sure if its correct or not.

noblejn

Jun 15, 2017
Hi ,

Thanks for responding . Can you please give me contact of IRCC. I tried to reach them couple of times and no one is answering my calls. Just wanted to make sure if its correct or not.
1-888-242-2100
Had to call them many times before finally connecting. It is frustrating. Try multiple times until you can connect.

Reactions: Saijyothsna95

maxhoney2001

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Just to let everyone know, I face similar problem where I went to apply SIN in service Canada office. I was told that same can not be done due to COPR being flagged. Reason for flag is unknown to Service Canada agent and he asked me to contact IRCC. As usual, IRCC never picked up the phone and going with others reply. I understood that I had to visit IRCC office at port of landing which was Toronto airport for me. I was in Regina and had to leave for Dubai so had connecting flight via Toronto. The only problem was, I had only 1 hour halt at Toronto airport. As soon as I landed, i rushed to IRCC office asking people as where exactly is located. Finally after reaching there, I was told to reach at Terminal 3 IRCC office as I landed there and Terminal 1 IRCC cant help me on it. I started running for Terminal 3 from Terminal 1 and finally reached IRCC office there. (Thanks to one of the airport staff who accompinined me finding same till end. He understood that I may leave my flight due to time). Officer at IRCC office asked me few details about how much cash i had at landing, address for my PR card. She went inside and came back that I have fixed the issue and now you can get SIN. She mentioned her inability to update PR card address in her system and gave me a process document to update same. I quickly ran to terminal 1 again to catch my flight. I was lucky enough to catch my flight just at last second. I am yet to validate if the issue is resolved as I am still out of the country.
I understand, my issue came just beacuse of IRCC office at my first landing. Officer at my first landing was not welcoming at all. She was not looking willing to work and help. She lost my borading pass for flight from Toronto to regina while doing her work and asked me to get another one from the counter. I asked her if my PR card can be expedited, for which she mentioned you need to figure out by yourself. First expirience in Canada was itself very bad.

Nishi@n2N

Jun 1, 2023
Hello, I landed to Canada on 19th of April. On 21st of April I applied for SIN number but till now I didn’t got my SIN number. I applied it in person but they did paper application as there was a strike and it's more then a month. I tried calling Service canada and IRCC but no one is answering properly. So how can I resolved this problem!? I have offer letter but employer need SIN. Any one have any idea!? Or may be facing the same problem?

Nishi@n2N

Jun 1, 2023
Hello!
I'm facing a similar situation, after landing in Canada I went to Service Canada, they couldn't generate my SIN number and asked me to wait for a week and try again. I went after a week and was asked to do a paper application this was on 19th of March 2019. It's 14th of May today I'm still waiting to get my SIN number.
Visited Service Canada Last week, they could not do much, however they gave me am acknowledgement letter, not sure if my employer will accept the same.
Service Canada doesn't know how long it'll take for me to receive my SIN number, they've marked my case as URGENT, I'm hoping for the best.
I got the same ans from service Canada. Did you received it!?

Kankani

Jul 5, 2023
I went to a service Canada to get my SIN in Toronto 2 days after landing. I was told that my immigration status hasn’t been updated in the system and that it might take some time so I should try in a week or so. Or I could apply for it by mail which will take 20 business days. I read this thread and realized that might not be the case because usually the status is updated immediately.
so I went to a different service Canada center and the staff there was helpful and told me the issue is that my work permit hasn’t been validated and I need to go to the airport to get it validated. I went back to the airport (you need to go to the terminal you landed in and ask for the CBSA office) - there I gave my passport and work permit and they “confirmed” my document correctly this time and told me to go back to service Canada for SIN.
I went back to Service Canada immediately after this, and I was able to get my SIN without any issues.

Reactions: YVR123 and canuck78

tingold

Aug 23, 2023
I went to a service Canada to get my SIN in Toronto 2 days after landing. I was told that my immigration status hasn’t been updated in the system and that it might take some time so I should try in a week or so. Or I could apply for it by mail which will take 20 business days. I read this thread and realized that might not be the case because usually the status is updated immediately.
so I went to a different service Canada center and the staff there was helpful and told me the issue is that my work permit hasn’t been validated and I need to go to the airport to get it validated. I went back to the airport (you need to go to the terminal you landed in and ask for the CBSA office) - there I gave my passport and work permit and they “confirmed” my document correctly this time and told me to go back to service Canada for SIN.
I went back to Service Canada immediately after this, and I was able to get my SIN without any issues.
I got the message from the lady at serviceCan that my sowp is flagged by the issuing agency. She directed me to CBSA office. I went to the CBSA office(Regina), the agent told me he emailed the officer that cleared me at Toronto, since he failed to stamp and make the proper landing. I hope this is fixed soon. If not I might have to go to Toronto airport again for clearing this issue.

Reactions: YVR123

tingold

Aug 23, 2023
I
I got the message from the lady at serviceCan that my sowp is flagged by the issuing agency. She directed me to CBSA office. I went to the CBSA office(Regina), the agent told me he emailed the officer that cleared me at Toronto, since he failed to stamp and make the proper landing. I hope this is fixed soon. If not I might have to go to Toronto airport again for clearing this issue.
I got it sorted. I called IRCC on the number (1-888-242-2100), followed by 2, 1, 3, 0. I took a while before it connected though.

Reactions: armoured