+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem in getting SIN ........

simash

Feb 14, 2022
Hey it will be fine if they process your application but it will take a long time. If you need it urgently then just visit the airport where you landed. Go to CBSA office there . Explain the problem you have also tell them that service canada sent you to their office. Then they will send you to Immigration department where you get solution to your problem.
I hope it will help you alot.

With regards

Arsh
Hey Arsh,
Facing the same problem - landed in Toronto last week and cant get my SIN. Where is the CBSA office in the Toronto Pearson airport? And do we need to enter through the departure gate of the airport (given the covid entry restrictions)? Appreciate your response!

simash

Feb 14, 2022
Hi, I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago. Went to Service Canada, they told me my profile was "flagged" but couldn't tell me why. I went back home and called CIC, they told me my profile hadn't updated yet. I went back to Service Canada the next week, same problem. This time I had somebody helpful on the line, telling me something went wrong during my landing (computer or CBSA officer error, not clear which one) and I had to go back to port of entry. After another phone call to CBSA, turned out I could just go to a CBSA office, where they then properly "landed" me. Went from that office straight to Service Canada and obtained my SIN.

Do not wait until your PR Card arrives because something might have gone wrong during your landing too. Keep calling CIC until you get somebody helpful on the phone who can tell you exactly what the problem is. Otherwise you will have waited for months for nothing.
Hey Charlie,
Facing the same problem - landed in Toronto last week and cant get my SIN. Where is the CBSA office in the Toronto Pearson airport? And do we need to enter through the departure gate of the airport (given the covid entry restrictions)? Appreciate your response!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey Arsh,
If you are already in Canada, you can do it without going to the airport. Contact service Canada, you can do it either online or at an office. Takes a few weeks i think online, right away in person, but not certain about the timelines now

Arsh122100

Aug 18, 2021
Hey Arsh,
You should go to the CBSA office with the help of google maps. If you will confuse at that time then ask the security guard their about the office. Explain them the problem that you are facing and they will sent you to immigration where your documents will be corrected.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You should go to the CBSA office with the help of google maps. If you will confuse at that time then ask the security guard their about the office. Explain them the problem that you are facing and they will sent you to immigration where your documents will be corrected.
Service Canada in the city or online or by phone will be far easier.

Arsh122100

Aug 18, 2021
Service Canada in the city or online or by phone will be far easier.
It takes week to solve your problem through service Canada . Whereas , going to CBSA will makes it easier to get sin in just a day . So I preferred to go to CBSA regarding this issue. Otherwise its your choice both will work fine.

Saijyothsna95

Mar 17, 2022
It takes week to solve your problem through service Canada . Whereas , going to CBSA will makes it easier to get sin in just a day . So I preferred to go to CBSA regarding this issue. Otherwise its your choice both will work fine.
Hi Arsh, I landed at Toronto pearson international airport. Can you please suggest me which CBSA office I should go exactly. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
CBSA doesn’t issue SINs. There are some services Canada offices open at some airports during business hours.

Reactions: captainarabiia

Saijyothsna95

Mar 17, 2022
Probably closed now.

But ask a cbsa or immigration officer where the service canada office is or where to get a SIN.
I already went to Service Canada office twice but they are saying me that there is some information missing to validate in the immigration system. How can I contact customs once I enter in canada ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I already went to Service Canada office twice but they are saying me that there is some information missing to validate in the immigration system. How can I contact customs once I enter in canada ?
Why didn't you bother mentioning that you'd already been to service canada? Did you think it wasn't relevant?

No idea, good luck.

noblejn

Jun 15, 2017
Same thing happened with my spouse. We called ircc and informed them about this missing information at service canada. They forwarded this query to CBSA. We got a request from CBSA to send them the Copr copy and copy of passport stamped pages through email. They corrected this from their end in a couple of days and we got an email confirmation that information is corrected. We never went to CBSA in person. Inform IRCC about this SIN issue and they will start the process to correct it through CBSA.

once IRCC and CBSA corrects the information you can go to service canada and apply for SIN