+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Privately sponsored refugees - Lebanon

eagle_one34

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,

Does anyone here have experience to give me some guidance please? I am Canadian and would really like to sponsor a Palestinian family I know in Lebanon. I'm confused on the best program to go through with.

My understanding is that if you go with SAH, you don't need to prove the refugee status with UNHCR? And the other programs like group of 5, you need to make sure the applicant has the refugee status?

This person I know is considered a refugee in Lebanon but under UNRWA.

Again, any guidance is appreciated. I have enough income, I have friends available to sponsor.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Does anyone here have experience to give me some guidance please? I am Canadian and would really like to sponsor a Palestinian family I know in Lebanon. I'm confused on the best program to go through with.

My understanding is that if you go with SAH, you don't need to prove the refugee status with UNHCR? And the other programs like group of 5, you need to make sure the applicant has the refugee status?

This person I know is considered a refugee in Lebanon but under UNRWA.

Again, any guidance is appreciated. I have enough income, I have friends available to sponsor.

Thank you
If you go through the SAH program you would need to find a SAH willing to support the sponsorship. This can't be you and your friends. It has to be an organization either already recognized as a SAH or an organization that can get recognition as a SAH. Yes, you're right, UNHCR recognition isn't required for this program.

For Group of Five, the individual must be recognized as a refugee by either UNHCR or by a foreign state. I don't know if and how UNRWA recognition fits into the picture. Can't help with that question.