+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hello Everyone, I have seen some positive results pop up on this thread. Although they are very rare cases but should it be taken as a sign that things might start moving a bit faster as soon as significant vaccination is achieved in Canada?

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hello Everyone, I have seen some positive results pop up on this thread. Although they are very rare cases but should it be taken as a sign that things might start moving a bit faster as soon as significant vaccination is achieved in Canada?
Hopefully, we can expect to see the travel restrictions eased by Mid July I am guessing ..

prigupta

May 20, 2020
hi, My AOR is Aug 8th, 2020, all stages passed Jan 28th, 2021 shows in GCMS but no update since
my spouse is working in the USA, can we apply for his SOWP as we don't when will we get PR approval? my work permit is valid till May 2022.
or will it affect our PR application?
Any help would be appreciated.
Can someone please advise on this? I tried calling CIC they don't give a proper answer still confused.
Please and thank you!

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Can someone please advise on this? I tried calling CIC they don't give a proper answer still confused.
Please and thank you!
yes you can surely apply. No it will not effect the PR application. Also your spouse can use the same medicals if they are not expired and biometrics from PR application.
Thanks

singhsujk

Aug 21, 2017
Hello, did anyone else receive the Relationship Assessment Questionnaire? We received additional documents requests and the Relationship Assessment Questionnaire after 9 months of AOR.
Hi,
Did you add your spouse to your application while application was already in process ? I did receive the same relationship assessment questionnaire. But in my case, my application was submitted for me as PA and Spouse as outland dependent. Not sure why are they asking for questionnaire. I had already submitted marriage certificate and photos etc with my original application.

I submitted webform asking clarity of why they need these documents. Do you think/suggest to submit these documents ? or wait for response on webform ?

your response is appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Please suggest should I go ahead and apply for Authorization Letter for my husband.

IF you are in Canada, your spouse can apply for a AL even if they do not have a COPR, however, they will need a visitor's visa.

IF your spouse has been issued a PPR / COPR, it is just a matter of time before you too receive the COPR.

Once you get the COPR, you will become a PR, since it will be signed and effective that date you will be a PR. As soon as you get the COPR, your spouse will be exempt from travel restrictions as they will be an immediate family member of a Canadian PR and can travel to Canada with their COPR and PR visa.

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
IF you are in Canada, your spouse can apply for a AL even if they do not have a COPR, however, they will need a visitor's visa.

IF your spouse has been issued a PPR / COPR, it is just a matter of time before you too receive the COPR.

Once you get the COPR, you will become a PR, since it will be signed and effective that date you will be a PR. As soon as you get the COPR, your spouse will be exempt from travel restrictions as they will be an immediate family member of a Canadian PR and can travel to Canada with their COPR and PR visa.
@legalfalcon since we always looked up your suggestion and advise.I have one question based on your knowledge do you see any progress ircc doing for the inland + outland applicants?

Kamal Kang

Jan 27, 2016

Thank you for your reply.

I am just worried because its about a month since PPR was issued stating I will be contacted by Local VO and I have not received any correspondence in regard to this. Secondly, my husband's PRV & COPR document number is not updated under GC Key account its been 13 days.

would it be a technical glitch?

parthCA

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020

I am just worried because its about a month since PPR was issued stating I will be contacted by Local VO and I have not received any correspondence in regard to this. Secondly, my husband's PRV & COPR document number is not updated under GC Key account its been 13 days.

Call the IRCC. Some agents won't give proper update but some will help you. Do not select call back option as they just miss call you. Happens with me couple of times.

Kamal Kang

Jan 27, 2016
Call the IRCC. Some agents won't give proper update but some will help you. Do not select call back option as they just miss call you. Happens with me couple of times.
Tried that. She was just reading the same thing that your application is in process and decision is pending due to travel restrictions.

Harnek saini

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020

Some time it takes month. So everything is very slow.

Dal123

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Hi,
Did you add your spouse to your application while application was already in process ? I did receive the same relationship assessment questionnaire. But in my case, my application was submitted for me as PA and Spouse as outland dependent. Not sure why are they asking for questionnaire. I had already submitted marriage certificate and photos etc with my original application.

I submitted webform asking clarity of why they need these documents. Do you think/suggest to submit these documents ? or wait for response on webform ?

your response is appreciated.
Hi Did they ask you about the documents after all of your stages were passed?? Or was something pending

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021

send an email directly to your visa office email don't go through webform. explain to them send it in the morning like 8:30am so once they resume someone can look and reply you. i am not guaranteeing you but it is worth the trial.

Reactions: Kamal Kang