+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

SteffyC2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
Hi, is there anyone in the same situation? Waiting for Outland dependent PPR after eCoPR of inland Primary? How long is it taking these days? Do we need to contact the VO?

NxNj

May 4, 2023
Hello everyone!

Im an inland principal applicant and I replied to the portal email (RVF) yesterday. I have 2 outland dependents but I did not noticed names in the PR portal. My question is: Do we have to wait for the PPR? Or Should they just send their passports to the nearest VAC? Any help will be appreciated. TIA!

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hello everyone!

Im an inland principal applicant and I replied to the portal email (RVF) yesterday. I have 2 outland dependents but I did not noticed names in the PR portal. My question is: Do we have to wait for the PPR? Or Should they just send their passports to the nearest VAC? Any help will be appreciated. TIA!
You will have to wait for a 1 or two week, without their COPR they cannot submit their passport. Firstly Main applicant usually received and than outland dependent after some days or weeks

NxNj

May 4, 2023
You will have to wait for a 1 or two week, without their COPR they cannot submit their passport. Firstly Main applicant usually received and than outland dependent after some days or weeks
Thank you. So I need to wait until I get my ECOPR first then wait for their COPRs?

kevin kennady

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
Hi guys..could someone clarify me. I got my copr and portal request today, and got a letter for my Outland spouse visa stamping, but in the letter it mentions my name ,my UCI number and application number. Is that the usual way ,if I'm the principal applicant?. Or it should be off my spouse name on it?. Letter for reference
"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You and/or your dependents must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. "

kevin kennady

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
Hi Guys, I received RFV in cic gc account with my name, I am inland and had already replied on the PR confirmation email that I had received. My dependent is outland so should I go ahead sent my spouses passport now with this letter even its in my name?
Hello Pratik,
I have a similar situation, with my name, my UCI on the letter. The outland person is not mentioned. Since you already encounter this situation. May I know should I go proceed with the letter for stamping?

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hello Pratik,
I have a similar situation, with my name, my UCI on the letter. The outland person is not mentioned. Since you already encounter this situation. May I know should I go proceed with the letter for stamping?
No it will not come specific on your outland dependent, she or he will submit passport with it they will get copr with passport from vfs

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi guys..could someone clarify me. I got my copr and portal request today, and got a letter for my Outland spouse visa stamping, but in the letter it mentions my name ,my UCI number and application number. Is that the usual way ,if I'm the principal applicant?. Or it should be off my spouse name on it?. Letter for reference
"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You and/or your dependents must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. "
No it will not come specific on your outland dependent, she or he will submit passport with it they will get copr with passport from vfs

bashadavid

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
Hello everyone!

In my case, my outland dependents received PPR. While principal applicant is still waiting for portal1.

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
I am Inland Main Applicant and my spouse is Outland dependent. He has already submitted his passport for Stamping, i am awaiting my eCOPR.
My question is does the dependent need to show any proof of funds at the time of their landing as PR?