+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

flyfirefreedom

Star Member
Feb 23, 2023
I am Inland Main Applicant and my spouse is Outland dependent. He has already submitted his passport for Stamping, i am awaiting my eCOPR.
My question is does the dependent need to show any proof of funds at the time of their landing as PR?
Hi we are the same boat..Did your spouse stamp visa before you get Ecopr? Or he stamped first?

Last edited:

rpathak

Jun 20, 2023
hi same with me

can they travel (outbound dependants) without the PA (inland) ecopr?
I am in same situation as you bro. What i think of a dependent gets her visa stamp and copr in hand there should not be any issue at the aiport. Also i have my copr document number which i will provide her so in case they want to verify my status they can. What you think? And have you seen anywhere written that dependent can not travel in such situations?

hjdom

Aug 22, 2020
Yup that is what I thought so,
Nothing in their documentation on had says they cannot travel unless the PA is with approved COPR

hjdom

Aug 22, 2020
Nope none at all just UCI and application number.

is there anyone in here that was able to travel with the given situation like ours

Rudrarishi

Jun 23, 2023
Hi Everyone!

I got RFV letter with my name and UCI (Primary Applicant). I still did not get Portal request, I informed them that I am in Canada and dependent is overseas as per the instructions in RFV letter.

Can I go ahead and submit dependent (outland) passport for stamping in outland country with the RFV letter issued in my name?

Kindly suggest, I have no idea what to do now?
Let me know if you get any update or information. I am on same boat.

aqfleet

Jun 9, 2023
Anyone got any timelines or experience of a primary applicant receiving eCOPR, then waiting for dependant COPR? Does the primary applicant usually get approved before dependant?

I have been waiting for my COPR (outland) since I sent my passport copy to VFS on June 8th, and it seems like a long time to wait. My partner got his eCOPR (inland) yesterday so I was thinking maybe they waited to approve him before approving me. My COPR is set to expire July 18th (I have flights booked for July 13th - July 20th ready to go) so I’m getting a bit nervous about how close it’s getting and wonder if anyone has any recent ETAs.

rpathak

Jun 20, 2023
Anyone got any timelines or experience of a primary applicant receiving eCOPR, then waiting for dependant COPR? Does the primary applicant usually get approved before dependant?

I have been waiting for my COPR (outland) since I sent my passport copy to VFS on June 8th, and it seems like a long time to wait. My partner got his eCOPR (inland) yesterday so I was thinking maybe they waited to approve him before approving me. My COPR is set to expire July 18th (I have flights booked for July 13th - July 20th ready to go) so I’m getting a bit nervous about how close it’s getting and wonder if anyone has any recent ETAs.
There is no rule like principle applicant will get his copr first or dependent. In my case we got ppr request for my wife in india. Where i am in canada. She got her passport stamped and received copr( submitted on 5 june and got back on 22 june) . I am still waiting for my ecopr .
hope it helps to clarify your doubts.

Reactions: Jane_Daphne

aqfleet

Jun 9, 2023
There is no rule like principle applicant will get his copr first or dependent. In my case we got ppr request for my wife in india. Where i am in canada. She got her passport stamped and received copr( submitted on 5 june and got back on 22 june) . I am still waiting for my ecopr .
hope it helps to clarify your doubts.
That does help thank you! I thought waiting for him was causing a delay but probably not? I am almost at four weeks of waiting now which seems longer than most people, so at least I can submit a webform from Thursday.

ennaroe23

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
Hi!
Did you received your PR card? In my copr says that I became PR at OSC-operat. I received my PR card and it says that my place of landing is Ottawa, but I did not arrive in Ottawa. Do you know if all virtual landings (I applied from inside Canada) are designated as Ottawa?
Mine top. I landed virtually in the Yukon but Montreal issued my PR, place of landing is Montreal. Is this OK?