+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

vaibhavnarula

Jan 23, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I am an inland applicant (primary) and my spouse is the dependent (outland - India).
I received my ecopr last week (Wednesday - 5th July 2023) and till date, I have not received the RFV letter for my spouse.
It's getting very frustrating and I have raised the webform and dropped two emails to IRCC. What else should I do? Any suggestions?

jjj230718

Jul 18, 2023
Hello,

I am the main applicant - my spouse is outside Canada. But at the time I submit the application, my spouse was in Canada visiting me but just after 1-2 days he went back and stay outside Canada until now.
I have already received email asking me to confirm my physical presence in Canada and received PR portal to upload photos & address,

However one day an IRCC officer called me and asked for my spouse physical presence in Canada - she said our PR application is now put on hold until my spouse and I confirm physical presence together in Canada. I am worried if this would affect our PR application as we haven't received the COPR yet- now I just got the PR portal.

Has anyone experienced such situation?

Thank you.

Reactions: Jhamzilla

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
im a principal applicant inland and dependents outland.. we received RFV before my portal.. Now my pr portal is in review for photos.. can my dependents outland send their passports now for visa stamping??

vaibhavnarula

Jan 23, 2023
im a principal applicant inland and dependents outland.. we received RFV before my portal.. Now my pr portal is in review for photos.. can my dependents outland send their passports now for visa stamping??
Yes they can. Just double check the RFV letter if it states that your eCOPR needs to be issued first. Because I’ve read in few posts that sometimes the RFV letter states that principal applicant’s eCOPR needs to be issued first and then only the passports can be sent.
If nothing is mentioned then the passports can be sent for visa stamping.

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
Yes they can. Just double check the RFV letter if it states that your eCOPR needs to be issued first. Because I’ve read in few posts that sometimes the RFV letter states that principal applicant’s eCOPR needs to be issued first and then only the passports can be sent.
If nothing is mentioned then the passports can be sent for visa stamping.
RFV states that passports should only within 30 days after principal applicants virtual landing.. We sent their passports once and got backed because I haven't done the virtual landing yet.. Now that I finished virtual landing I'm wondering if I can send their passports now or wait for some instructions again

kriti008

Jun 14, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I am an inland applicant (primary) and my spouse is the dependent (outland - India).
I received my ecopr last week (Wednesday - 5th July 2023) and till date, I have not received the RFV letter for my spouse.
It's getting very frustrating and I have raised the webform and dropped two emails to IRCC. What else should I do? Any suggestions?
Hi
Could you please tell me the total timeline for your file until portal request. I am in the same scenarion , everything passed but no decision.
please reply

Reactions: shivaprasad.idm19

Jane_Daphne

Mar 22, 2023
There is no rule like principle applicant will get his copr first or dependent. In my case we got ppr request for my wife in india. Where i am in canada. She got her passport stamped and received copr( submitted on 5 june and got back on 22 june) . I am still waiting for my ecopr .
hope it helps to clarify your doubts.
Hi i'm in the same boat and was wondering did your wife travel and land successfully before you got ecopr?

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
There is no rule like principle applicant will get his copr first or dependent. In my case we got ppr request for my wife in india. Where i am in canada. She got her passport stamped and received copr( submitted on 5 june and got back on 22 june) . I am still waiting for my ecopr .
hi about your virtual landing? did you waited for it to be confirmed before sending your dependents passports?

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
because in my case we received my dependents ppr 1month before i received my virtual landing insctructions, and now I dont know if we can send their passports already or need to wait for some emails or instructions

maeshin

Sep 25, 2023
RFV states that passports should only within 30 days after principal applicants virtual landing.. We sent their passports once and got backed because I haven't done the virtual landing yet.. Now that I finished virtual landing I'm wondering if I can send their passports now or wait for some instructions again
I'm on the same boat. Have you sent the passports again or are you waiting for updates?

Alicia L

May 19, 2023
I am inland and I received my ECOPR and RFV letter in August with my credentials, and my dependent is outland they went to the local VAC and they said they need the official letter with the barcode and his information in order to issue a visa, I called IRCC and they instructed me to raise a webform detailing this and attach the RFV letter I received and I did that, I am still waiting. I called IRCC yesterday and they said I should wait. So Frustrating.

ana7777

Oct 7, 2023
Hi Guys, I received RFV in cic gc account with my name, I am inland and had already replied on the PR confirmation email that I had received. My dependent is outland so should I go ahead sent my spouses passport now with this letter even its in my name?
Do you have update on this? Did they stamp your dependent's passport?