Preparing Requirements in Applying For Live In Caregiver Program

JoAnn

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenram said:
Hi cynthialaster and joAnn. I'm a Filipino, too, working in one of the hospials here in Qatar as a Nurse. I've read that you are nurses in the Middle East as well and now applying visa for live-in caregivers. Do you have 6 months of training for the LCP? or our experience as nurses could be equivalent to related training/experience also? I am hoping for your reply and others who ma wish to give insights. Thank you so much and good luck on your applications.
Hi,

I am not a nurse but I have 6 months training of Live In Caregiver.

In order to qualify for the Live In Caregiver Program you need at least six

months’ training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or

in a related field or occupation (including six months

with one employer) in the past three years.

Thanks.

hoping2b

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
may tanong din ako gusto ko lang i-clarify pag may 6mos caregiver training ka need parin ba meron 6mos working experience or kahit wala na? thanks sa pagsagot..

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
hoping2b said:
may tanong din ako gusto ko lang i-clarify pag may 6mos caregiver training ka need parin ba meron 6mos working experience or kahit wala na? thanks sa pagsagot..
Ndi na po, pero syempre must plus points ung meron kang expeirence, as in hands on. :)

fres_17

Oct 11, 2012
JoAnn said:
Hi To Everyone, :)

Good day!
I am new in this page. Thank God that there is a forum like this.
I am currently living here now in Dubai, and soon I am going to apply for work permit in Abu Dhabi under a Live In Caregiver Program, my employer already received the news that her LMO that she applied is already approved and it will be send to me by next week by mail. And she told me to prepare the paperworks that I needed for the application.
I almost read the paperworks that I needed in the Application Packaged, here are some questions in my mind for working out my paper soon. Please anyone can help me.

Like, there are 3 Checklist included in the Application packaged,

1. Checklist Application for Work Permit ,
2. Checklist Application for Work Permit for Live IN Caregiver Program,
3. Document Checklist for Work Permit.

All of these checklist requiring the same form of IMM 1295, IMM5645, IMM 5257, & 2 pictures?

Should I produce 3 copies? and attached it one by one to each checklist? or I just produce it only one copies of the form, all in one for the checklist?

Do I need to include the Representative form, a blank form even I don't have a representative just in order all the forms in the application packaged will be complete for submission?

Should all the required copies of the my documents needs to be notarized?

Thank you & Awaiting for any response.

More power to the page.

Best Regards,

Joann

hello joann, i hope you can help me.

I am trying to complete all the documents that I need to submit in the canadian embassy while waiting for my LMO. I just wanna ask few things from you like if you send the original docs or not? if you notarized your photocopied docs? and like your question, did you just send one copy of the checklist or you produce 3 copies for each? i hope to hear from you or from anyone. tnx in advance

sky_free

Feb 4, 2013
hi. im from the philippines and my uncle sponsored me via live in caregiver. Can i ask how long will it take to process my application in canadian embassy if i applied this week? I have the contract , LMO and other documents stated that i should start asap. thanks. im so worried that this processing will take several months or even years. hope theres someone who can help me and also experiences what i am experiencing.thanks a lot..really need ur help:( Im a staff nurse for 21/2 years working in a hospital. thanks ,pla sreply:(

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
sky_free said:
hi. im from the philippines and my uncle sponsored me via live in caregiver. Can i ask how long will it take to process my application in canadian embassy if i applied this week? I have the contract , LMO and other documents stated that i should start asap. thanks. im so worried that this processing will take several months or even years. hope theres someone who can help me and also experiences what i am experiencing.thanks a lot..really need ur help:( Im a staff nurse for 21/2 years working in a hospital. thanks ,pla sreply:(
When an Employer is fully cooperative and does not delay the communication or the requested paperwork and there no unforeseen circumstances such us changes in Canadian legislation, seasonal picks (Christmas or summer holidays period, staffing problems in the Embassy or HRSDC etc) the process can be completed within 16 weeks.

The process consists of three parts:

1.Recruitment
2.Validation of the Job offer by the HRSDC
3.Work permit application of the live in Caregiver by the Visa office
Recruitment – 20 days

Firtsly you will need to look for the available candidates in Canada by placing advertisements in the local media. We encourage you to also place the advertisement with the Job Bank for 2 weeks to comply with the HRSDC requirement if Canadian resident or foreign nanny who is already in Canada could not be found. While you are considering locals for the position start to interview foreign candidates as well to save time.

If you follow the right procedure the Recruitment process including 14 days advertisement period can be complete in max 20 days (including registration of the BN Payroll account and Activation of the advertisement by the SC Officer).

Validation of the Job Offer by the HRSDC – 14 -30 days

File LMO application on line and submit documents to support your claim for the need of the Foreign live in Caregiver. Follow up on your application to ensure all the documents required were received and attached to your file. If your situation is urgent and you have a sick or disabled child or adult provide supporting documents from the Doctor and a request for the process to be expedited.

which i think your uncle done it already...............

3. Work Permit Application – 2 to 42 months.

No, it’s not a typo – the processing time of an application for a work permit may take up to 42 months (India), 12 -–24 months (Philippines), 12 – 18 months (Singapore) 6 – 8 months (Hong Kong), 1.5 – 4 months (Cyprus).

However processing time also depends on how well prepared the Work Permit application file is at the time of the submission. If the file is not complete and requires constant exchange of correspondence between caregiver, employer and visa office to collect missing forms, documents and obtain clarifications it can double the waiting period.

Hiring Foreign Caregiver who is already in Canada – 3 to 5 months.

they can hire a live-in caregiver who is already in Canada and has a work permit. It’s often misrepresented by some that Caregivers who are already in Canada under LICP can start working immediately or it will be quicker to process their work permit.

they will have to follow the same process as if they are hiring a Live in caregiver who is outside of Canada. they will need to advertise for 14 days, and then confirm the Job Offer by HRSDC. After that the caregiver will need to apply for a new work permit naming them as the employer. This process can take 4 to 5 month before the caregiver can start working in their home.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Are you applying from the Philippines? LCP applications from the Philippines on the average is 18 months.

sky_free said:

karenmae86

Feb 3, 2013
europegirl said:
You dont need to have 6 months training, but you need at least one year full time paid experience, chilcare, eldersy, special cases. Im bsn grad as weel, no experience at hospital, but i have experience in childcare, special cases. :)
hello dear im a filipina a comerce by profession. but im currently working here in norway as an aupair/nanny though im qualified to apply in LCP without any Care giver certificate just my experience for 2 years.. thanks!!!