+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-Arrival Services Email Timeline

ab50037

Star Member
Apr 23, 2013
Hello sir . I got my PPR mail today
Hey Soff123,
Which VO are you in? I am in London and since 28 September 2018 that I received the pre arrival letter, no more info except they are processing my background checks. I am paper-based applicant. Do you think I should receive my MR or PPR soon?

Angrez

Dec 7, 2018
Hey there! Sorry I didn't see this before, I didn't have a chance to log into the forum until today.

From what we see with our clients, it varies a lot. Some get PPR about a week after getting the pre-arrival services *email*, and some have waited for months! I think the median would definitely be one month, and it also seems to vary depending on where they are coming from, some people in the Philippines and some people in Iran are facing very long delays, no idea why that is. In contrast, some clients from Pakistan, Ethiopia and Nepal got it within a week or so, so they only received our pre-arrival services for a few weeks before heading to Canada.
hi, do have clients from india? i want to know for ndvo how long does it take for PPR after pre arrival later.
i am new to such forum. i have no idea how to ask question on this platform.

Angrez

Dec 7, 2018
hi permafrost,
i am from india. on 11 dec i received pre arrival later. do you know how long NDVO take to send PPR?
i have applied through employment offer vis SINP. kindly reply..

Angrez

Dec 7, 2018
I know most of you are eager to get PPR, and I don't blame you, I was just as anxious or maybe more when awaiting PPR :) but don't forget to actually sign up for pre-arrival services!

At a recent meeting with IRCC (CIC) and other pre-arrival services we noted that many people just focus on waiting for PPR and disregard the pre-arrival part. It is proven that arriving prepared makes a huge difference when it comes to settling more easily, experiencing less culture shock, integrating better into the community, and finding a job more easily. That's why the government is funding these services. If you're coming to Manitoba, the Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre can help. For other provinces, I can recommend pre-arrival services in your city :) if you speak French, Spanish, Chinese or Tagalog, I can recommend services in your language too.
Hi, I applied for pre arrival services today but no confirmation email or any kind of contact from them.
kindly guide me how can I avail this services?

Evell

Dec 15, 2016
Sure, my timeline goes as follows
I have been a student IN Canada for the past 2 years.
I got married april 2017 in Canada
I applied for PR last december
I was asked to give a background form in Feb
I was asked to give finger prints in Feb aswell
I was asked for a medical exam in June
I was sent my pre arrival letter late september
I was then emailed about meeting someone locally for PPR (within Canada) in early October.
Still have not heard anything thus far.

Hi everyone! Update here ->
I got my PPR email in October, and then on November 30th, I got a date set to have my application finalized.
On Jan 2nd, I got my application finalized and received my residency.

fara. CQ

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
28-03-2018
AOR Received.
05-05-2018
File Transfer...
27-06-2018
Med's Request
11-05-2018
Med's Done....
13-05-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2019
My partner received the invitation to pre-arrival services on December 7th. Background check started processing on the 6th.
Our spousal sponsorship application is in Mexico VO. Today is 1 month since the pre-arrival and no news. Does anyone have any idea about Mexico pre-arrival to PPR/DM timelines being this long?
I’ve read through the “Mexico” forum and most people get PPR within a few days of the pre-arrival.
Any insight would be helpful.

Soff123

Nov 26, 2018
My partner received the invitation to pre-arrival services on December 7th. Background check started processing on the 6th.
Our spousal sponsorship application is in Mexico VO. Today is 1 month since the pre-arrival and no news. Does anyone have any idea about Mexico pre-arrival to PPR/DM timelines being this long?
I’ve read through the “Mexico” forum and most people get PPR within a few days of the pre-arrival.
Any insight would be helpful.
Hey ... yeah ewin this happened with me too .. I got my PPR after 23 days and the girl who applied before me got her PPR after 36 days . So , nothing is sure about embassy .some get after 2-3 days and some later . If your process is going right u will get the PPR mail soon .Dont worry. Recent days were like a holidays everywhere so the working might be slow. But you will get your PPR mail soon . Stay positive .

Reactions: fara. CQ and Angrez

Vivitty

Dec 13, 2018
Hey there! Sorry I didn't see this before, I didn't have a chance to log into the forum until today.

From what we see with our clients, it varies a lot. Some get PPR about a week after getting the pre-arrival services *email*, and some have waited for months! I think the median would definitely be one month, and it also seems to vary depending on where they are coming from, some people in the Philippines and some people in Iran are facing very long delays, no idea why that is. In contrast, some clients from Pakistan, Ethiopia and Nepal got it within a week or so, so they only received our pre-arrival services for a few weeks before heading to Canada.

Hi, I'm not sure if you are still working for the same services but my husband received his pre-arrival service email on Dec 7th, 2018. Our timeline is in my signature below. His BGC has been in processing for 2-3 months now and the medical results were received on Dec 19th but nothing has budge since. Do you have any idea of how long it usually takes the Singapore VO to process an application? We're hoping for a PPR soon.

Thank you in advance!

rjay12

Mar 13, 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 4, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on February 4, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on January 17, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
This is the only thing i see online. We got the PRE ARRIVAL services letter feb 20. They said PPR is next but the waiting game is killing me.

Also i am worried on the upadates, i still dont know the result of the medical because they haven't updated. My child is a minor 14 years old. is it okay even if they dont upate or dont say anything on the online tool? I am very worried because registration for this coming school year is around the corner and i really need to enroll my son but they will be looking ay the PR card.

Any inputs would be so much appreciated!

Yes, you got it right.
Hi! Heres my time time line