+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC Photo Request - Fedex, UPS can't deliver to PO Box

Anjy

Feb 24, 2018
I sent mine to 49 Dorchester Street Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2. It says delivered in my package tracking but waiting to get a reply from the immigration services on the progress.
You will not get any reply or confirmation from CIC immigration for this. You should call them to confirm it in 5-6 days after your photos delivered to them.
Please let me know your landing date, photo request date, when did you send the mail and when did it get delivered to 49 Dorchester Street Sydney, NS? Also, which postal service you used from USA and how much did it cost you for courier service with tracking number?

I got a photo request too. I sent mail via Canada Post Xpresspost as I'm in Canada. But it's showing delays for expected delivery date. Its a very stressful situation :(

Last edited:
Reactions: roa

Anjy

Feb 24, 2018
hello, to confirm, did you send it to 49, Dorchester street address. If yes, was it successfully received?

lolo
@Hussain111 Can you please tell me which service you used from USA to send mail to Sydney, NS to get it delivered faster? When did you send and How many days it took to get the mail delivered to Sydney, NS?

arunsrid

Nov 14, 2017
If you sent the photos from USA, then will they deliver PR card to USA ? or do you use a friend's or relative's address in Canada to get the card delivered ?

roa

Jan 9, 2019
You will not get any reply or confirmation from CIC immigration for this. You should call them to confirm it in 5-6 days after your photos delivered to them.
Please let me know your landing date, photo request date, when did you send the mail and when did it get delivered to 49 Dorchester Street Sydney, NS? Also, which postal service you used from USA and how much did it cost you for courier service with tracking number?

I got a photo request too. I sent mail via Canada Post Xpresspost as I'm in Canada. But it's showing delays for expected delivery date. Its a very stressful situation :(
How many days does the CIC take to start the process once the photos are received? Because I mailed by Canada Post Xpresspost too, and was received it on December 20th. I consulted several times my case by IRCC Webform, the respond is always:

"We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before October 22, 2018.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Anjy

Feb 24, 2018
How many days does the CIC take to start the process once the photos are received? Because I mailed by Canada Post Xpresspost too, and was received it on December 20th. I consulted several times my case by IRCC Webform, the respond is always:

"We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before October 22, 2018.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

I have no idea. My photos mail was delivered on 13th December as per tracking. But, I haven’t heard from them anything and got the same reply by web form as yours. :( CIC people are taking too much time and they’re processing crazy slow. I have also called them few times, but getting same reply everytime that they’re processing Oct 22nd photos.

There are many people calling CIC about it n waiting for process to move forward. You can follow this forum to get updates on it. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/track-your-pr-card-timeline-and-processing-times-here.394703/

Last edited:
Reactions: j33vanb

Prat_hari

May 26, 2017
I am also in the same boat..they received my photos on 12th December, but no information after that. Any idea how long does it take for issuing PR card after they receive retake photos?

Ejajrasul

Dec 3, 2018
Hello,

Recently i was also asked to resent Photo for First time PR Card Issue. In the mail, i was given following address to send the Photos.

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1

However, As this is Post Box number, no express courier will do it. So, i looked into CPC -Nova Scotia from IRCC webpage ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-sydney-nova-scotia.html )

I found following addresses for PR Card related postal address.

Permanent Resident Cards
  • Mail address
    P.O. Box 10020
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 7C1
  • For correspondence
    P.O. Box 9000
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 6K7
  • Courier address
    49 Dorchester Street
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 5Z2

So, now I have two questions.
1. PO Box 4500 Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1 Address given in the letter, I cannot find this in the IRCC web page (Above link). Is this a new address? OR a different processing center address?
2. Can I use Courier Address (49 Dorchester Street Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2) instead of PO Box 4500 address given in my email?

Appreciate if anyone could share their real experiences..

Thanks

Ejaj

Just to give the update on this, I sent photo in regular post box address instead of 49 Dorchester St. . My Photo reached there on 7th Dec 2018. My status got approved on 31st Jan 2019 in my linked CIC account for PR card application. Received card on 4th Feb 2019. It took around 54 days since re-submission. It took total 120 days since I landed.

Shunkie

Feb 8, 2019
Hi members, Carmela Samuel again, Sorry my PRC photos for my first PRC was delivered on Thursday 31st January 2019. Just wondering if they are correct. THANKS
Appreciate your help.
Thanks

j33vanb

Oct 2, 2016
I have no idea. My photos mail was delivered on 13th December as per tracking. But, I haven’t heard from them anything and got the same reply by web form as yours. :( CIC people are taking too much time and they’re processing crazy slow. I have also called them few times, but getting same reply everytime that they’re processing Oct 22nd photos.

There are many people calling CIC about it n waiting for process to move forward. You can follow this forum to get updates on it. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/track-your-pr-card-timeline-and-processing-times-here.394703/
The above thread gives the clear info as which date photos are under process and by that we can expect when our turn comes.

Prat_hari

May 26, 2017
We sent the photos on Dec 12th and we received the PR card by Feb 10th. So it took almost 60 days since resubmission.

mohitprcanada

Nov 2, 2017
Hi Guys,

just wanted to update something here for everyone's benefit.
I received a request to resubmit photos to the Nova Scotia Case Processing Centre at the following address
Case Processing Centre - PRC
P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

Since none of the courier companies (here in the US )deliver to PO Box numbers, I wrote to IRCC asking them to give me an alternate address. And here's their OFFICIAL response that I received an hour ago (I mailed 4 days ago)

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are waiting to receive your initial PR card, and the Case Processing Centre requires that you provide new photos, we invite you to:

• Send two photos according to the photo specifications, and
  • Include:
    • if available, the letter/email received to that effect, or
    • an explanation letter (including your complete name, date of birth and UCI).
Where to send them

By regular mail:

P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

If you would like to have proof that your photos were received, you may use registered or express mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc. Please instruct the courier service to use this address:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Please send the requested information within 30 days from the date of the letter that was sent to you.

I used a courier to send this to the 49 Dorchester Street address. Hope this helps others.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
You can use the above address to send using UPS or FEDEX.

USPS on the other hand can deliver to PO Box. (They will transfer it to Canadapost).

mohitprcanada

Nov 2, 2017
You can use the above address to send using UPS or FEDEX.

USPS on the other hand can deliver to PO Box. (They will transfer it to Canadapost).
Yes, you are right. USPS delivers to PO Box numbers.
However the challenge with USPS is that for PO Box there is no Express Service (I think they call it First Class or something, not sure). So the USPS lady told me that typically it takes 15 days for the mail to reach Canada via their normal service. This would have caused a lot of delay for me.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Yes, you are right. USPS delivers to PO Box numbers.
However the challenge with USPS is that for PO Box there is no Express Service (I think they call it First Class or something, not sure). So the USPS lady told me that typically it takes 15 days for the mail to reach Canada via their normal service. This would have caused a lot of delay for me.
The delay is mainly because of customs and those apply to all services. If customs are cleared quickly then they all are pretty fast.