+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC Photo Request - Fedex, UPS can't deliver to PO Box

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hi members,

I just received a PRC photo request for my first PR Card. The request letter says "please return this letter and photos by mail to:

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1

I am sending this from US. I went to Fedex and UPS and they don't deliver to PO Box without recipient phone number. So I checked this website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-sydney-nova-scotia.html

It states an alternate mail address for courier

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Can I send my photos and request letter to this address instead? Did anybody go by this route successfully?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

sainathreddy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi members,

I just received a PRC photo request for my first PR Card. The request letter says "please return this letter and photos by mail to:

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1

I am sending this from US. I went to Fedex and UPS and they don't deliver to PO Box without recipient phone number. So I checked this website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-sydney-nova-scotia.html

It states an alternate mail address for courier

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Can I send my photos and request letter to this address instead? Did anybody go by this route successfully?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.
Yes, You can use this address.
Even with Canada Post, if you want to track, you need to opt for Express Post and not the standard post.

This is the mail I received when I enquired about the status of my PR Card.

Where to send them

By regular mail:

Case Processing Centre - PRC
P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

If you would like to have proof that your photos were received, you may use registered or express mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc. Please instruct the courier service to use this address:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Please send the requested information within 30 days from the date of the letter that was sent to you.​

Reactions: mbaleine and cc31

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Yes, You can use this address.
Even with Canada Post, if you want to track, you need to opt for Express Post and not the standard post.

This is the mail I received when I enquired about the status of my PR Card.

Where to send them

By regular mail:

P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

If you would like to have proof that your photos were received, you may use registered or express mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc. Please instruct the courier service to use this address:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Please send the requested information within 30 days from the date of the letter that was sent to you.​
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I couriered the photos and letter via fedex at the 2nd address, will reach there tomorrow.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Another concern I had - So after they receive my photos and letter, is there any way I can check if they are okay with those? Or do I just wait to hear back from them with an acceptance/ a rejection?

sainathreddy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hyderabad - India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Another concern I had - So after they receive my photos and letter, is there any way I can check if they are okay with those? Or do I just wait to hear back from them with an acceptance/ a rejection?
You can always call them to enquire about the status. I'm afraid if they can reveal whether the new photos are OK or not. They can only tell whatever is on your application; like whether the processing officer has put any remarks or not. Nothing else.

Reactions: cc31

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
You can always call them to enquire about the status. I'm afraid if they can reveal whether the new photos are OK or not. They can only tell whatever is on your application; like whether the processing officer has put any remarks or not. Nothing else.
Yes, I shall call them up. Thanks.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
So according to Fedex, my package were delivered on July 3rd. I tried calling CPC Sydney, NS yesterday on the number that comes up in google - (888)242-2100 but the number is invalid. Do you know their working contact number? Thanks.

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Anyone who used the courier address.. mine is showing that it was received by someone called Thomas Allen. Does anyone get the same name when they track ?

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Did you also courier your photos to Sydney, NS? Mine was signed by B. Hines.
Yes i couriered to Sydney, NS. Yes so we have different people received it i guess because mine was signed by Thomas Allen. It was through express post (canada post) and tracking says it was received on 1st June.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Yes i couriered to Sydney, NS. Yes so we have different people received it i guess because mine was signed by Thomas Allen. It was through express post (canada post) and tracking says it was received on 1st June.
Do you know their working phone number? I tried the number that comes up when googled (888) 242-2100 which is invalid. Thanks.

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
I'm
Do you know their working phone number? I tried the number that comes up when googled (888) 242-2100 which is invalid. Thanks.
That's the number I use to call them too but I do get through. Maybe you are calling internationally (I am calling from within canada) that's why it says invalid. Try adding 001 before the number.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
I'm

That's the number I use to call them too but I do get through. Maybe you are calling internationally (I am calling from within canada) that's why it says invalid. Try adding 001 before the number.
I will try that number again like you said. I have called to Canada before here from US without adding ISD Code and it always went through. Maybe this number is open to calls from Canada only.