+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

alianjum

Apr 13, 2015
I have got delivered status from canada post 20 dec, but no updates after that and my ticket is booked on 5 march 2020...(nervous) I thought it takes only 26 days from once you delivered your application.
I received mail yesterday that application received on 12 Dec 2019, now it is showing decision made. I am unable to link my application, let's c. I am sure u will also get by next week.

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Also got email now that my application was received by them.
Ecas does not show the application.
But I linked my application in mycic account by using the application no. and UCI. Application no is the email subject. Hope this helps someone to link their application in online account.

alianjum

Apr 13, 2015
Also got email now that my application was received by them.
Ecas does not show the application.
But I linked my application in mycic account by using the application no. and UCI. Application no is the email subject. Hope this helps someone to link their application in online account.
Good news, I m trying to link my application since last 3 days but no success. Ecas still showing decision made but no further update.

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Good news, I m trying to link my application since last 3 days but no success. Ecas still showing decision made but no further update.
Linking should work, make sure you enter the place of birth as your passport, and other details should match exactly

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
For me still in process and I'm now worried and a little annoyed.

They got it in their mail room on nov 27th. Got AOR Dec 18th. Dec 20th got request to send also a copy of my driving license (I am renewing due to name change). I sent it the same day, no reply, I sent it again a few days later and now I also sent it via the web form.

A friend in exactly the same situation with exactly the same history and timeline (hers they got a day before mine) already got her card in the mail.

I have never even left Canada since landing. Don't know why it's taking them so long.

alianjum

Apr 13, 2015
Linking should work, make sure you enter the place of birth as your passport, and other details should match exactly
Latest update is that, my card is sent by mail yesterday. Hope will get next week.
They received the application on 12th December.
AOR on 4th January
Processing started on 4th Jan
Card sent by mail on 7th January.
Good luck everyone.

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
For me still in process and I'm now worried and a little annoyed.

They got it in their mail room on nov 27th. Got AOR Dec 18th. Dec 20th got request to send also a copy of my driving license (I am renewing due to name change). I sent it the same day, no reply, I sent it again a few days later and now I also sent it via the web form.

A friend in exactly the same situation with exactly the same history and timeline (hers they got a day before mine) already got her card in the mail.

I have never even left Canada since landing. Don't know why it's taking them so long.

Hello,
OMG your timeline is exactly same of mine and I have a similar situation.
they received my application on NOV 27th 2019.
Got AOR on Dec 18th 2019.
On Dec 23th 2019, I have received email asks me to send copy of my passports as they need it coloured ( I sent a copy of my passports in my
orignal application but was black) also they asked me to send more proof that I am currently live in Canada. I sent all of these in same day but due to holiday season they received it on Dec 30. Still my application under process and nothing changed.
when I called the call centre the auto message said that "if your application mailed on Dec 4th or after the processing has not start yet"
this really make me nervous.

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
Latest update is that, my card is sent by mail yesterday. Hope will get next week.
They received the application on 12th December.
AOR on 4th January
Processing started on 4th Jan
Card sent by mail on 7th January.
Good luck everyone.
was your application an urgent one? as the processing time 24 days.
happy for you that your card on the way.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello,
OMG your timeline is exactly same of mine and I have a similar situation.
they received my application on NOV 27th 2019.
Got AOR on Dec 18th 2019.
On Dec 23th 2019, I have received email asks me to send copy of my passports as they need it coloured ( I sent a copy of my passports in my
orignal application but was black) also they asked me to send more proof that I am currently live in Canada. I sent all of these in same day but due to holiday season they received it on Dec 30. Still my application under process and nothing changed.
when I called the call centre the auto message said that "if your application mailed on Dec 4th or after the processing has not start yet"
this really make me nervous.
Well for me it's straightforward, or so I thought, I only want to change my name on it, and I've only been a pr two years all two of which I've been present here, as I've never left Canada.

I'm hoping it's just the holiday season or something but I think I'll give them a call soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: aaz2019

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Anyone with a straightforward case also now way past the normal processing times?

If processing time is indeed counted from the day they get the application in their mail room (and it's actual days and not business days) then I'm now about 43 days in (and about 20 days past the processing time).

Still hoping it's just because of the holiday break...

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Aaz2019 try the web form instead, I don't think they have enough manpower to have someone actually pick up your call, whereas via the web form you'll probably get an answer, they are very good at replying, I think.

I'm going to hold off a few more days because the web form I sent them, with the requested documents, was only a few days ago so if my previous messages with that document were for some reason ignored or did not reach them then it would've only been a few days since they've received the requested document, and I don't want to unnecessarily pester them. (But I am wondering, if not this then I'm at a loss as to why such a delay)

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
Aaz2019 try the web form instead, I don't think they have enough manpower to have someone actually pick up your call, whereas via the web form you'll probably get an answer, they are very good at replying, I think.

I'm going to hold off a few more days because the web form I sent them, with the requested documents, was only a few days ago so if my previous messages with that document were for some reason ignored or did not reach them then it would've only been a few days since they've received the requested document, and I don't want to unnecessarily pester them. (But I am wondering, if not this then I'm at a loss as to why such a delay)
Hi,
Yes today I sent a web form to them. you are totally right the agent also suggested that as they can not access everything.
Well let you know if there is any updates.

Regards,

Reactions: Lady_Ashka

RVR

Dec 9, 2019
Today the application was processed and the card was sent for printing at 1pm. Hope I get the card by tomorrow morning. He has a noon flight to catch.
I finally received the PR Cards on Dec27, so my son could not travel.

I had requested for a "change of name" as his name was not split in the old PR card along with renewal. The given name had the complete name and the surname was blank. To support the renewal application, I had provided a passport copy with the new name. The renewed PR card still has the old name, it has not been changed. How can I get the name changed on the renewed PR card now? Do I have to pay the application fee again and apply for replacement of the PR card. My son is below 18yrs.