+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

dsrp

Oct 16, 2019
For me still in process and I'm now worried and a little annoyed.

They got it in their mail room on nov 27th. Got AOR Dec 18th. Dec 20th got request to send also a copy of my driving license (I am renewing due to name change). I sent it the same day, no reply, I sent it again a few days later and now I also sent it via the web form.

A friend in exactly the same situation with exactly the same history and timeline (hers they got a day before mine) already got her card in the mail.

I have never even left Canada since landing. Don't know why it's taking them so long.
Hi, please how long did it take to be approved after receiving your drivers license copy? did you send the copy by email? did they acknowledge receipt of it? thank you very much.

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Hi.

My parents received their PR in 2009 and it was expired in 2014 but by that time they havent fulfilled their 2 year requirement so they stayed in canada for a year and it was renewed in 2015 under humanitarian grounds after an interview with the immigration. Now the PR card expiry is march 2020 but until now they have fulfilled only 10 months residency in canada. My mother's health card is not working when i checked with the clinic even though the expiry date is 2023. I need to know if they come here before the PR expiry date what are the chances to have their PR status renewed and have the health card activated. Looking forward for your kind advice. Thank you

Last edited:

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Hi.

My parents received their PR in 2009 and it was expired in 2014 but by that time they havent fulfilled their 2 year requirement so they stayed in canada for a year and it was renewed in 2015 under humanitarian grounds after an interview with the immigration. Now the PR card expiry is march 2020 but until now they have fulfilled only 10 months residency in canada. My mother's health card is not working when i checked with the clinic even though the expiry date is 2023. I need to know if they come here before the PR expiry date what are the chances to have their PR status renewed and have the health card activated. Looking forward for your kind advice. Thank you
As you have already got positive humanitarian decision when applied for renewal you know the procedure .
Anyway as your parents have stayed only 10 months my suggestion is wait for completion of 730 days and then go for renewal. If you think you have good humanitarian grounds and your parents have to go out of Canada then you may apply for renewal . Or else wait 730 days and apply ...
About health card ..if it is OHIP ..Ontario health card then the rule is you should not be out of Ontario for a period of 5 months in a 12 month Period.
Once you are in Ontario and you stay here for 3 months then you are eligible for health card renewal.
If your mother stayed in Ontario for 3 months since she last came to Ontario then she is eligible for OHIP card.

Note: when u apply for PR Card or PRTD..the decision is taken based on the stay in last 5 years since your application reached them. If you stayed 730 days there is no problem.

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Package received on Jan 3, 2020
AOR Jan 20, 2020
Started Processing Jan 20, 2020 ( showing decision made)

Did they mail/post renewal PR card or we have to pick up from local IRCC (Calgary,AB) ?

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
My Family's Decision Made today.
Mine still in process.
Hello MUSTAFACAN,
I would like to double check with you, when your family got Decision Made did they received a notification email? or they just checked the online service? as I am checking my account every day!!

Thank you.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
As you have already got positive humanitarian decision when applied for renewal you know the procedure .
Anyway as your parents have stayed only 10 months my suggestion is wait for completion of 730 days and then go for renewal. If you think you have good humanitarian grounds and your parents have to go out of Canada then you may apply for renewal . Or else wait 730 days and apply ...
About health card ..if it is OHIP ..Ontario health card then the rule is you should not be out of Ontario for a period of 5 months in a 12 month Period.
Once you are in Ontario and you stay here for 3 months then you are eligible for health card renewal.
If your mother stayed in Ontario for 3 months since she last came to Ontario then she is eligible for OHIP card.

Note: when u apply for PR Card or PRTD..the decision is taken based on the stay in last 5 years since your application reached them. If you stayed 730 days there is no problem.
Hello MUSTAFACAN,
I would like to double check with you, when your family got Decision Made did they received a notification email? or they just checked the online service? as I am checking my account every day!!

Thank you.
Hi aaz
Today my family app status changed to complete.
They mailed cards on 21 Jan.
They dint sent any email...checked the ecas status.
My status today showing decision made.

Probably you may receive a mail to pick the card.

This happened to me for past two renewals. The ecas status shows in process and will change to decision made after we pick the card.

Reactions: aaz2019

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
Hi aaz
Today my family app status changed to complete.
They mailed cards on 21 Jan.
They dint sent any email...checked the ecas status.
My status today showing decision made.

Probably you may receive a mail to pick the card.

This happened to me for past two renewals. The ecas status shows in process and will change to decision made after we pick the card.
Thank you for fast response. congrats for completing your application.
I will check mine everyday.

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Thank you for fast response. congrats for completing your application.
I will check mine everyday.
Thank you.

If they are sending you mail (post)to pick the card then remember it takes 2 week to receive the mail from the day they took the decision.

If you case decision was taken on 2 week of Jan and it is a card pick up then you may receive mail in last week of Jan.

All the best!

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
Thank you.

If they are sending you mail (post)to pick the card then remember it takes 2 week to receive the mail from the day they took the decision.

If you case decision was taken on 2 week of Jan and it is a card pick up then you may receive mail in last week of Jan.

All the best!
Hi,
my application still under process, on Dec 23 they asked for additional documents (copy of my passports, exit/entery issued by my country and proof of physical presence in Canada) and I sent these documents on same day and they received them on Dec 30, but still my application under
process.