+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
This is very strange that you were expecting secondary review for you while you are living here for 2.5 years. Why were you expecting this? I have seen lot of cases where people have just few days extra from the threshold of 730 (recent example of AliSyed who posted on this thread as well with around 750 days of physical presence that’s 2 years and half a month) and they got the renewed PR cards smoothly as per the IRCC / CIC given timelines.
I saw that most people under 3 years were being sent to secondary reviews. But I dont get why my kids' file was, even though they had been living 4 years. This is really frustrating and we dont even know how long they will take.

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning,

Do you have any idea why your request went to secondary review?
You have been living in Canada for almost 4 years as your children? And you have had a permanent job for the last 4 years?
I really don't understand why the cases are going to secondary review.
I hope you have news soon.

I received my acknowledgment mail yesterday, now it's time to wait to see what happens. :D
That’s good news... how many physical days have you spent when you sent the application? And what documents did you attach?

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes We sent ours October 21th, received 22th. Reception notice November 13th, Working on file 14th November and a few minutes ago (15th November) had a decision made but no more info.... fingers crossed.. what type of message is this ... decison made.. yes but which one :)
Yes most probably it’s the approval and you will now receive your new cards in few days, don’t worry...

how many physical days have you spent when you sent the application? And what documents did you attach?

Reactions: JpEtCaro

Rel23

Nov 8, 2019
Did anyone got their application received around Oct 27 and got some news from it? I'm still waiting for some news for mine and I can't link it online.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
This is very strange that you were expecting secondary review for you while you are living here for 2.5 years. Why were you expecting this? I have seen lot of cases where people have just few days extra from the threshold of 730 (recent example of AliSyed who posted on this thread as well with around 750 days of physical presence that’s 2 years and half a month) and they got the renewed PR cards smoothly as per the IRCC / CIC given timelines.
I saw that most people under 3 years were being sent to secondary reviews. But I dont get why my kids' file was, even though they had been living 4 years. This is really frustrating and we dont even know how long they will take.
This is mostly a timeline tracking thread, and I do not want to drive too far off the track, so I am quoting and addressing these posts in more depth in a separate topic.

That said, for purposes of this particular thread, it warrants a reminder that the biggest difference in the timeline for a particular individual is whether or not the PR card application is subject to non-routine processing. If the application is referred for any non-routine process, the general timeline information for PR card applications becomes irrelevant. What matters, then, is what non-routine process is involved and what the particular issues are. Non-routine processing timelines vary widely.

Who, when, or why an individual PR's PR card application is referred for non-routine processing, is a separate matter which, as I noted, I will address more in a separate topic . . . see . . .
These are posts from the timeline tracking thread. I am responding in regards to the underlying question about who, when, or why an individual PR's PR card application is referred for non-routine processing, which is more appropriately addressed in this topic.

"I have seen lot of cases where people have just few days extra from the threshold of 730 . . . and they got the renewed PR cards smoothly . . . "
There are, nonetheless, "lots of cases," as in many other cases, where PRs cutting-it-close are referred to non-routine processing, some to Secondary Review, others referred to the local office for RO compliance determinations.
(see full post by following link)

JpEtCaro

Dec 22, 2013
Quebec
Yes most probably it’s the approval and you will now receive your new cards in few days, don’t worry...

how many physical days have you spent when you sent the application? And what documents did you attach?
It is still on decision made ..... We have been away of th country fof just 17 days in the last 5 years. I attached bank records, passeport pages and a detailed chart of all my work, studies and trips I have made in the last 5 years.

JpEtCaro

Dec 22, 2013
Quebec
Did anyone got their application received around Oct 27 and got some news from it? I'm still waiting for some news for mine and I can't link it online.
Ours was received there on october 22nd and started processing november 14th and decision made on the 15th.

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
Anyone got a citizenship application in process at same time as PR card renewal?

I have and when I try to check on my PR card renewal using the website, it is only showing my citizenship application progress.
That being said, the application only arrived at the office this week so I have not had AOR yet - likely being impatient!! Slightly nervous as I have had to use "time outside Canada accompanying a Canadian" (my husband) to get the full number of days and just hoping the documentation I sent to support all this will be accepted - felt weird as I mostly had to prove where HE was and not where I was according to the document checklist and instructions.

SandraPG

Nov 10, 2019
Anyone got a citizenship application in process at same time as PR card renewal?

I have and when I try to check on my PR card renewal using the website, it is only showing my citizenship application progress.
That being said, the application only arrived at the office this week so I have not had AOR yet - likely being impatient!! Slightly nervous as I have had to use "time outside Canada accompanying a Canadian" (my husband) to get the full number of days and just hoping the documentation I sent to support all this will be accepted - felt weird as I mostly had to prove where HE was and not where I was according to the document checklist and instructions.

If your request for renewal pr card arrived just this week at the IRCC office, you will receive the acknowledgment receipt about 25 days later.

Did you apply to citizenship taking account the days spent outside Canada with a Canadian citizen?

Canireian

Jan 3, 2019
If your request for renewal pr card arrived just this week at the IRCC office, you will receive the acknowledgment receipt about 25 days later.
Ok - thanks - patience is the name of the game, as usual!

Did you apply to citizenship taking account the days spent outside Canada with a Canadian citizen?
No, my citizenship application was based on my actual days spent in Canada. I signed the form Sep 2018. However, PR card needed renewing as citizenship has not fully come through yet so I had to include time spent outside Canada with a Canadian to reach the residency obligation there.

Rel23

Nov 8, 2019
Hi. I received this e-mail today. Does this mean that they are starting the processing of my application? The application number was also sent with it.

"This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2019/10/31."

Lilly 12

Nov 7, 2019
App. Filed.......
Permanent Resident card
Doc's Request.
Oct 8,2019
Hi. I received this e-mail today. Does this mean that they are starting the processing of my application? The application number was also sent with it.

"This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2019/10/31."
Mine is also same, I received email on November 22nd from IRCC
This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2019/10/31.

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine is also same, I received email on November 22nd from IRCC
This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2019/10/31.
What is the current status of your application?