Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
An update on my kids file.
Application recieved: July 19 2019
Acknowledge: Same day
Passport photocopies requested: September 18 2019
Sent: October 15 2019
Recieved by CIC: October 21 2019
Called CIC today for an update and was told the worse news ever... my kids file has been sent to a local office!
Can anyone tell how long it will on average take?
Can I apply for urgent request while secondary review for them?

SandraPG

Nov 10, 2019
An update on my kids file.
Application recieved: July 19 2019
Acknowledge: Same day
Passport photocopies requested: September 18 2019
Sent: October 15 2019
Recieved by CIC: October 21 2019
Called CIC today for an update and was told the worse news ever... my kids file has been sent to a local office!
Can anyone tell how long it will on average take?
Can I apply for urgent request while secondary review for them?
Are you planning to travel soon?
You should call back to see if it is possible to apply for an urgent request.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Are you planning to travel soon?
You should call back to see if it is possible to apply for an urgent request.
I have plans for June 2020. They said I need to use the web form for urgent request. Do you how long will Secondary review take? This is really stressing...

SandraPG

Nov 10, 2019
I have plans for June 2020. They said I need to use the web form for urgent request. Do you how long will Secondary review take? This is really stressing...
I Don't really know, sorry :(
You can try to get the fax number of the local office where they sent the file to send a letter explaining your case.
You have a valid pr card?

SandraPG

Nov 10, 2019
Nope, mines is in secondary review too. I applied for mine back in April and was asked for the same documents. Then mine went for secondary review in September.
Good Morning,

Do you have any idea why your request went to secondary review?
You have been living in Canada for almost 4 years as your children? And you have had a permanent job for the last 4 years?
I really don't understand why the cases are going to secondary review.
I hope you have news soon.

I received my acknowledgment mail yesterday, now it's time to wait to see what happens. :D

JpEtCaro

Dec 22, 2013
Quebec
Hi All,
Anyone whose application was received by the IRCC(CIC) on Oct 22? Please let me know.
Yes We sent ours October 21th, received 22th. Reception notice November 13th, Working on file 14th November and a few minutes ago (15th November) had a decision made but no more info.... fingers crossed.. what type of message is this ... decison made.. yes but which one :)

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Yes We sent ours October 21th, received 22th. Reception notice November 13th, Working on file 14th November and a few minutes ago (15th November) had a decision made but no more info.... fingers crossed.. what type of message is this ... decison made.. yes but which one :)
It's most probably accepted

Reactions: JpEtCaro

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Good Morning,

Do you have any idea why your request went to secondary review?
You have been living in Canada for almost 4 years as your children? And you have had a permanent job for the last 4 years?
I really don't understand why the cases are going to secondary review.
I hope you have news soon.

I received my acknowledgment mail yesterday, now it's time to wait to see what happens. :D
My kids lived here since 4 years with their mom and we sent all school reports etc. I have been living since past 2.5 years. That's the reason we sent separate applications because we were expecting a secondary review for me BUT NOT for my kids.

JpEtCaro

Dec 22, 2013
Quebec
It's most probably accepted
That is what we think too, but not wanna gets our hope 100% high and then fell. We have a flawless application so I do not see what could stick but when they say decision made and no explication..they seem to love playing with our nerves and anxiety

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
That is what we think too, but not wanna gets our hope 100% high and then fell. We have a flawless application so I do not see what could stick but when they say decision made and no explication..they seem to love playing with our nerves and anxiety
I would say 99% its accepted because usually they dont deny that quick

Reactions: JpEtCaro

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My kids lived here since 4 years with their mom and we sent all school reports etc. I have been living since past 2.5 years. That's the reason we sent separate applications because we were expecting a secondary review for me BUT NOT for my kids.
This is very strange that you were expecting secondary review for you while you are living here for 2.5 years. Why were you expecting this? I have seen lot of cases where people have just few days extra from the threshold of 730 (recent example of AliSyed who posted on this thread as well with around 750 days of physical presence that’s 2 years and half a month) and they got the renewed PR cards smoothly as per the IRCC / CIC given timelines.