+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

alisyed7

Jun 5, 2012
It is an odd way of stating things so that is why I was asking. Hopefully you have counted correctly. It would be better to file with a bigger buffer time.
I had also always heard 730 days in country but if you look at the application it mentions 1095 days outside the country maximum. In any case they mean the same thing.

You are right would have been better to have some buffer. But i already applied. Lets see how this goes. Going through this forum i cant find anybody who has gone through secondary this year. A few cases with just 730 days as well went through smoothly. Who knows maybe my case might be the first in this forum.

I called call center yesterday and they told me that there are times where they send the AOR late and i should check with them after 21 days are over.

alisyed7

Jun 5, 2012
An update.

Just received the AOR.

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2019/09/12.

farda

Sep 11, 2019
Hi,

Does CIC count the days in & out to Canada for R.O obligation for pr extension?
It means that a person is in Canada for part of those days.

alisyed7

Jun 5, 2012
Hi,

Does CIC count the days in & out to Canada for R.O obligation for pr extension?
It means that a person is in Canada for part of those days.
Any day spent is in Canada even partially is considered as a day spent in Canada. So for instance if you leave today and come back tomorrow, number of days spent outside Canada are 0.

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
Final timeline for me:

App received: aug 29
Process started: sept 5
Decision made: sept 23
Card mailed: sept 23
Received: sept 26

I applied with less than 800 days inside canada and had an extensive travel history.

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Final timeline for me:

App received: aug 29
Process started: sept 5
Decision made: sept 23
Card mailed: sept 23
Received: sept 26

I applied with less than 800 days inside canada and had an extensive travel history.
Hi there,

Congrats on your PR card renewal.

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering, this will help me a lot with my PR card application.

1- I also have a very extensive travel history with 736 days of physical presence. How to i fill out the "travel history section" in the application form as there is a very limited space? I have already recorded my entries in the online physical presence calculator and i do have a print our of that all the entries, should i attach that with the application as well?

2- Can you please share if there are any supporting documents you have submitted along with the PR Card Renewal application?

Thanks.

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
Hi there,

Congrats on your PR card renewal.

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering, this will help me a lot with my PR card application.

1- I also have a very extensive travel history with 736 days of physical presence. How to i fill out the "travel history section" in the application form as there is a very limited space? I have already recorded my entries in the online physical presence calculator and i do have a print our of that all the entries, should i attach that with the application as well?

2- Can you please share if there are any supporting documents you have submitted along with the PR Card Renewal application?

Thanks.
Hi there,
I didn't submit any supporting documents as I believe IRCC can get access to that from CBSA and CRA. However if you want to attach rental agreements, bank statements and NOAs, you can do that.
For travel history I had put the same columns from the application form, onto an excel and filled in the data. I also put my UCI number and the applicaton form type and attached it with the application stating that the information is continued from page 2.

Xav16

Sep 11, 2019
Hi guys just an update I checked my application this morning it says decision made but when I click it there’s no written update .... I will keep you guys updated

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hello everyone. I just received PR landing Inland last week for the first time. I know I have 5 years until I need this (or a little less) but I am trying to stay prepared. Is the renewal process as grueling as the initial process? Also, if I go to the IRCC website what exactly do I search for to find what forms or documents will be required?(PR Card renewal?) (I realized it will change, more than likely, within 5 years, but I still want to try to be as prepared as I can be.) I would like your input. Thank you so much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone. I just received PR landing Inland last week for the first time. I know I have 5 years until I need this (or a little less) but I am trying to stay prepared. Is the renewal process as grueling as the initial process? Also, if I go to the IRCC website what exactly do I search for to find what forms or documents will be required?(PR Card renewal?) (I realized it will change, more than likely, within 5 years, but I still want to try to be as prepared as I can be.) I would like your input. Thank you so much.
You will need to keep records of when you have entered and exited Canada.

Reactions: cindyestteacher

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Okay. Thank you. Do you know what i search for on the IRCC website to see what other paperwork they are currently requiring? In your opinion, is the process as difficult as the initial process of becoming a PR? Thank you for your time and best wishes to you and all.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Okay. Thank you. Do you know what i search for on the IRCC website to see what other paperwork they are currently requiring? In your opinion, is the process as difficult as the initial process of becoming a PR? Thank you for your time and best wishes to you and all.
Disregard my last request. I think I found the application guide. It doesn't sound NEARLY as bad as when you first apply for PR. The processing time seems rather short, though.22 days????.which is good. Good luck everybody!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Disregard my last request. I think I found the application guide. It doesn't sound NEARLY as bad as when you first apply for PR. The processing time seems rather short, though.22 days????.which is good. Good luck everybody!
Yes reapplying is relatively simple. It gets more complicated if you are very close to your RO when applying and travel very frequently.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Also, if I go to the IRCC website what exactly do I search for to find what forms or documents will be required?(PR Card renewal?) (I realized it will change, more than likely, within 5 years, but I still want to try to be as prepared as I can be.)
IRCC recommends that PRs keep a travel journal to record ALL trips outside Canada, including DAY trips to the U.S. The IRCC website provides an easily printed travel journal template and more. See:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/record-trips-outside-canada.html

This information is also important for those who apply for citizenship. Many immigrants will qualify for and become citizens before they need a new PR card. Or soon enough they let the PR card expire without applying for a new one (unless a PR travels abroad, once established in Canada with a SIN, drivers license, and health care, most PRs do not need to have a valid PR card, so it is no problem to go for awhile without one . . . been there, did that myself).

In addition to travel history, PRs should keep complete records regarding address history, employment history, and tax filing records . . . which, frankly, are records everyone should probably keep for at least five years anyway.

Naima13

Aug 19, 2019
Hi , I have a question . I received the COPr and submitted my passport , however As soon as I get the ppr I intend to go only for one week first and then plan accordingly to actually settle down there . Can anyone explain the process right from the landing . Where do we fill the request of permanent residence and what to say to immigration officer if they ask me about return ticket. Thanks guys