+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

jennythom91

May 14, 2016
Hi Jenny,

Why are you freaking out? Yours arrived after mine, is well within the current 27 days processing time, and is moving an awful lot quicker than most (mine still only says application received on the 10th).

Sorry to be blunt, but it sounds like you're panicking for no reason whatsoever. If you meet the requirements then what's the problem? I'd even say you're one of the lucky ones that got it processed quickly.
Hi,

I’m freaking out because I remembered going into secondary along time ago and being questioned and I declared that I was no longer living in Canada . I was a kid at the time and didn’t remember whether they took my status off me or not And I’m panicking that the unusually quick decision is because it’s being rejected

May 23, 2019
Hi,

I’m freaking out because I remembered going into secondary along time ago and being questioned and I declared that I was no longer living in Canada . I was a kid at the time and didn’t remember whether they took my status off me or not And I’m panicking that the unusually quick decision is because it’s being rejected
Saying you don't live in Canada anymore doesn't automatically revoke your PR status though. I can see now why you may be worried but it still seems to me that you're painting a worst case scenario based on something that might not even be relevant.

It's out of your control for now so no point making yourself stressed. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on your card being mailed out by the end of week.

jennythom91

May 14, 2016
Saying you don't live in Canada anymore doesn't automatically revoke your PR status though. I can see now why you may be worried but it still seems to me that you're painting a worst case scenario based on something that might not even be relevant.

It's out of your control for now so no point making yourself stressed. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on your card being mailed out by the end of week.
I guess you’re right . There’s nothing I can do at this time as it’s out of my control.

I will keep you updated ! I hope you hear soon!

jennythom91

May 14, 2016
I managed to link my account to the GCKey thing today and the ECAS thing says decision made , and the GCKey thing says they are reviewing my eligibility .... and it’s still in process
Help anyone why this is different ? :(

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi,

I have few questions regarding renewal of my PR which will be expiring next month. I have really long travel history and I was out 1083 days in last 5 years (Making 742Days inside Canada). After short landing I went back and came back after 2 & half years. During that period I was working in UAE but travelled a lot to Pakistan (May be 20 times), then USA, Europe, middle east making total trips over 50. Now I don't remember the exact dates of travel specially relating to Pakistan visits. Now do I need to put all those addresses where I lived in this period? Indeed I really don't remember those?
Secondly even though I meeting residence obligation shall I apply straight forward now or wait for one more month to decrease Absence days (Or increase present days in Canada).

Thanks..

jennythom91

May 14, 2016
Application received 15th May .

Began processing 24th May.

Decision made 28th May.

Permanent resident card sent 29th May!

Thank you all on this board who have helped me get here.

I stayed out the country many years before returning and didn’t get Stopped luckily at the border when returning for good. I stayed here for 2 years and then applied.

Thought mine would take longer because Of my history over the last 5 years but it looks like I was one of the lucky ones and even got mine processed and quickly.

Thank you !!

May 23, 2019

Decision made 28th May.

I stayed out the country many years before returning and didn’t get Stopped luckily at the border when returning for good. I stayed here for 2 years and then applied.

Thought mine would take longer because Of my history over the last 5 years but it looks like I was one of the lucky ones and even got mine processed and quickly.

Thank you !!

That's great news, Jenny, congrats!!

A decision was made on mine today as well. While it doesn't yet state whether it's approved or not, I've no reason to think it won't be positive.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 10, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 28, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 28, 2019.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi Vigilant,
The more details you put on your application the better for your application.
Don't mind the days out as long as you are here more than 730+ days.
Address you lived long periods are MUST.
Hotels addresses where you stayed during travel not required.
But travel dates (in & out) as stamped on your passport to any country during the last 5 years is not a must but it will help facilitate your application.
Good luck !
Thank you very much.

snak56

Mar 29, 2016
Are you still seeing 'reviewing your eligibility' status in GCKey even when your card was mailed out ?

Decision made 28th May.

Thank you !!

joss

Nov 7, 2011
Hi all,

My application was received on may 21. How can I check the status? Do I have to wait for the email from cic?
Or can I just check by using uci number on case status website.

May 23, 2019
Hi all,

My application was received on may 21. How can I check the status? Do I have to wait for the email from cic?
Or can I just check by using uci number on case status website.
You can log in here using your client ID. They input your details as it is received but you likely won't receive an acknowledgment email from them for a week or two.

All you can really do right now is ensure that they have the app.

snak56

Mar 29, 2016
Mine was received on May-15, got acknowledgement on May-24.. but status still shows - in progress.
Not sure why its taking them so long to make a decision as mine is a straightforward case.

vv341

Jun 3, 2019
Hi,
I received a letter stating that should go and pick up the card from cic office. However, it has also a long list of documents asked to be brought for verification etc.
Have you got any similar type of letters? I was reading posts above and it seems all people received their card by mail.
Thank you.

N1oo$#a

Feb 1, 2019
While being in process for citizenship for 17+ months, I applied for PR card renewal and the process was surprisingly quick unlike the citizenship one.
My documents were received on May 06, in process by May 22 and I received my card today.