+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Hi someone 77 ,

I think you will get an update soon , say about in a week's time. I expirienced something similar the decision was made and after about ten days or so the status changed : application approved , Your card number is ----- and it has been mailed to you.
Having said that in your case there is unusual delay. In my case ( normal , non urgent case ) it took less than three weeks. three weeks after I mailed the application to them . For my wife we mailed the application in the same package , same dates , nearly identical case her case took about 4 weeks.

Again in all probability your status will change very soon : application approved and -----. Wish you the best.

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Aviator or anyone in the same situation,

I sent my PR renewal application along with my family members in one envelope via courier on May 13, 2019, Delivered as per courier May 15, 2019
I am still unable to track any of the application if I am checking my status or via Gc key (If I try linking it says application not found)
Can you please advise how long does it normally take to get the update ' Application Received' ?

Regards !

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Hi ACE 2000,

It didn't happen with me. But I remember many people in this forum has mentioned this situation . Eventually they got status updates and a positive outcome.
Best wishes,
Nadeem

jennythom91

May 14, 2016
My application got delivered nearly a week ago but I've had no email or don't have an application number. So I'm assuming I'll hear soon?

May 23, 2019
My application was received on the 10th of May. No further update since that point.

Fingers crossed it arrives soon. Like a numpty, I booked a vacation leaving 29th June, thought I had more time on my existing card. Somewhat a delayed honeymoon so I'll be in serious trouble if I can't go. Whoops.

bt1995

May 8, 2018
Hi all,

I’m so sorry for not responding. I went away on vacation and wasn’t going online much.

I received my PR card on Tuesday, May 6.

Wishing you all luck in getting your cards! It appears to be pretty quick, even though I had some confusing messages it still arrived in 31 daya from them receiving my application.

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Hi bt1995 , Congratulations. Yes you were missing , hope you had good relaxed vacation as you had received the PRC prior to going on vacation.
We got my wife's PRC yesterday .
We both sent application in one package on 23rd April through courier.
Both received acknowledgement email on 25th .
For both processing started on 26 th.
My decision was made on May 10 , card received on 14 May.
My wife's decision made on May 17 , card received on May 23rd ( through snail mail after a long weekend ).
Best wishes all.

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Note : Actually my application was received on 25thApril , acknowledged on 26 th April and on same date application status on " Check application status " was decision made. But the more detailed information that was available on secure log in -- said the application is in process. Then on May 10 it changed to decision made , application approved card mailed.

Some forum members are in similar situation and puzzled. That's understandable but in all probability the outcome would be positive . If the residency required have been met there could be delay but not a denial.

Best wishes to all who have yet to receive their cards.

jennythom91

May 14, 2016
My application was received on the 10th of May. No further update since that point.

Fingers crossed it arrives soon. Like a numpty, I booked a vacation leaving 29th June, thought I had more time on my existing card. Somewhat a delayed honeymoon so I'll be in serious trouble if I can't go. Whoops.
Hi sticky did you hear ? My application was delivered 15th May and I got notification email yesterday saying that they received it on that date

May 23, 2019
Hi sticky did you hear ? My application was delivered 15th May and I got notification email yesterday saying that they received it on that date
I can log in and see that they received it on the 10th, but no email from them. Appears as though some get an email early on and some don't but the processing times end up similar.

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi All,

I sent PR renewal applications for my family (with 750 days in Canada) in the same envelope by courier from GTA
The following are the status updates for myself and my Kids:-
Application mailed on 13 May-Monday by courier from GTA.
Application received as per courier - 15 May- Wednesday
AOR email received - May 24 - Friday at 18:30
Processing started May 27 - Monday,
Approved and cards sent via mail on the same day i.e May 27- Monday
Hopefully will receive by the end of this week.

My Wife's status is still 'In Process' :(...She is a Homemaker..may be they need to check more..Fingers Crossed.
Thank you all !!!

droger

Nov 6, 2013
hi Guys:

I have submitted my application to renew the PR card on April 30th by canada post.
I still have not received anything from CIC indicating they have received it, if i check the status online, it is still not able to find my application.
Based on the processing time online, which is 27 days, should i worry about it?

princessofdiamonds

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I sent PR renewal applications for my family (with 750 days in Canada) in the same envelope by courier from GTA
The following are the status updates for myself and my Kids:-
Application mailed on 13 May-Monday by courier from GTA.
Application received as per courier - 15 May- Wednesday
AOR email received - May 24 - Friday at 18:30
Processing started May 27 - Monday,
Approved and cards sent via mail on the same day i.e May 27- Monday
Hopefully will receive by the end of this week.

My Wife's status is still 'In Process' :(...She is a Homemaker..may be they need to check more..Fingers Crossed.
Thank you all !!!

Oh my gosh !! That was quick!! Mine started processing 24th May and mine still says in progress !!

Was yours an urgent application?
I’m worried now

jennythom91

May 14, 2016
Oh my god guys I’m freaking out .

Sent mine off and they received it 15th May. They acknowledged this last week and started processing Friday 24th. Today, it says DECISION MADE. I’m hoping and praying it’s not a rejection as it doesn’t give me anymore information yet

My application was over 730 days but I’m still freaking out

May 23, 2019
Hi Jenny,

Why are you freaking out? Yours arrived after mine, is well within the current 27 days processing time, and is moving an awful lot quicker than most (mine still only says application received on the 10th).

Sorry to be blunt, but it sounds like you're panicking for no reason whatsoever. If you meet the requirements then what's the problem? I'd even say you're one of the lucky ones that got it processed quickly.